“Best ribs for years!”

The Alex Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Casual and relaxed. Fresh local ingredients used in the preparation of all meals.
Maroochydore, Australia
“Best ribs for years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I didn't know that Alex Bar and Grill sold Pork Ribs. A friend recommended them so we tried for ourselves. Amazing!

Try the ribs/wings combination with hickory sauce on the ribs and spicy plum sauce on the wings.

To top it off the service is A+

• Visited June 2014

Narooma, Australia
“Ribs Ribs Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Massive serves if ribs, wings slaw and chippies. Eat in takeaway. Fast friendly service at agreat price..yummo

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lyndall W
Guildford
“Great Food, Great Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had a fabulous meal and a few drinks at Alex's Bar and Grill on Alex Headland. Couldn't fault service or meals in any way. We had a perfect evening, in a friendly atmosphere. Thanks Richie, from Dave and his sister Sue

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank soolooSurrey
Brisbane, Australia
“Best chicken wings ever.. But you definately need to turn the music down..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I think I may be missing something or we just went at the wrong time.. ie ANZAC Night.. the music was really loud (and it was only 6pm) so none of us could hear anything anyone said.. possibly a good thing..

I was with husband and 3 kids 5/4/4..

The highs...
- the waitress was absolutely fantastic.. went through the dishes when I had questions and also had recommendations for kids meals as they weren't on the menu..
- the chicken wings with spicy plum sauce were the best I have EVER had and I have been dreaming about them ever since.. they are completely amazing.. sticky and spicy and sweet and juicy and crispy and soooooo good.. all at the same time..
- my daughters corn fritters were delicious

the lows..
- The music.. there was no way we could hear anything.. was this just because it was ANZAC day or is that normal for 6pm on a Friday night? Maybe .. I am guessing it is not a family establishment and we just picked the wrong place with kids.. I'll come for the sticky wings by myself next time..
- my husbands chicken schnitzel was dry.. (glad I ordered the good meal)

I am not sure if you are targeting the young crowd or the family crowd or both? The waitress said you were getting in kids menus so highly recommend turning down the music if you have kids in at 6pm and turn it up later when they're gone...

Thanks for the best wings everrrrrrrr..

• Visited April 2014
SamanthaandRich... D, Owner at The Alex Bar and Grill, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your review Ms Minsky. I'm really sorry to hear that the loud music spoilt your dining experience with us. I remember you coming in to visit us and thinking how well behaved your kiddies were and what good appetites they had.... but yes, the music was a little too loud.... we do not normally have the music that loud until our diners have finished their meals but it was ANZAC day and the crowd had been building since early lunchtime. I hear you loud and clear, understand and agree with your opinion. Let me know when you come back in and we will gladly compensate you for your unsatisfactory experience..... we do occasionally get it wrong but don't know unless we are told - we would have turned the music down immediately had you said on the evening so please don't ever be afraid to ask. On another note, we are glad our staff looked after you well and that you really enjoyed your meal. We hope you come and visit us again one day soon.
“Amazing food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Pork belly and ribs were AMAZING!!!
kid friendly too :) my 3 yr old loved it
It was busy but service was fantastic and super fast in the kitchen

• Visited April 2014