“AWESOME”
Review of Mandolin Seafoods

Mandolin Seafoods
Description: Voted best fish and chip shop on the Sunshine Coast. We provide a broad range of fresh seafood and takeaway made from only the best of ingredients. Our aim is to provide an excellent dining experience in a timely manner.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have never been here before, and came across this place by chance, hungry and needing a bite to eat. What A Great Find! The new owner served us, a Brit from Newcastle. Very friendly and happy a oblige our strange request for egg and bacon added to the fish burger......we also ordered the calamari and some battered oysters. IMPRESSED to say the least, the fish burger was the best I have had, the sauce just makes it perfect, but the best was the calamari, we love calamari, but I have never had it like this. So, to the owner, if you read this, we will be back.

There are newer reviews for Mandolin Seafoods

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have travelled a fair bit around Australia and sampled fish, chips and calamari from all over and I honestly can't see why this is classed as the best on the SC. My experience I consider was an overpriced meal. The barramundi is my favourite fish to eat, but this was very ordinary and certainly nothing to rate, and I've eaten real fresh wild caught barra from North qld. The calamari crumbs were almost burnt while the calamari itself was slightly undercooked and a bit sloppy. I wanted tomato sauce and tartare sauce and had to pay an extravagent price for each tub that would serve 4 people, so ended up wasting 70% of each, brought a small bottle of soft drink and it was nearly $4. Being a fisrt time customer I would have thought the staff were more friendlier but was also disappointed there as well. Now I go to Salt N' Battered instead.

1  Thank alby2111
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

great food great service beautiful beach parks across the road.. staff very helpful and friendly highly recommended!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

we waited for 55 minutes for an order of burger, fish and chips. When it finally arrived the order was wrong, my fish was grilled not battered and was the size of my palm, tiny!!! My partners fish burger also had a tiny peice of fish but was full of sauce and lettuce. And we didn't get any cuttlery so I ate my soggy fish with my hands. Never going back again!!!!!

1  Thank melanie_74535
Reviewed December 23, 2013

What a fantastic place, great food and the owners and staff are so friendly. Would go out of my way to eat here when on the Sunshine Coast and their calamari is to die for!

2  Thank Sue G