We are staying here over Christmas and have really enjoyed the fabulous lagoon pool and proximity to beach and surf club.
With much disappointment I would have to say I'm glad we have family nearby and don't have to stay in our cramped 3 bedroom apartment whose facilities are less than average.
It's the height of summer and our air con doesn't work. The tiny kitchen is only just adequate. The lack of a coffee filter has been a sore point, particularly when everything is closed over Christmas. We couldn't even serve up a salad as the kitchen has basics... Certainly not a salad bowl. The unit sleeps 6 but the tiny living room only has enough lounge seating for two? The 2 seater sofa feels cheap too.
The bathrooms smell of stale drains and we had to fill up our bath for our 3 year old using the shower as the switcher wouldn't work.
I've read other reviews about the uncomfortable beds and concur. My husband, who keeps himself fit, has had to resort to long floor stretches each morning to straighten his back.
Lastly, the sunny terrace was unbearable... No shade (even a cheap umbrella would have been better than nothing) and no privacy from guests up on the two balconies above us.
What a disappointment. The pool is enough to draw me back but only with reassurance that there have been upgrades to the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located just across the road from the beach and designed around a 150m tropical lagoon pool, BreakFree Alexandra Beach offers a great location for great value in the heart of the Sunshine Coast. BreakFree Alexandra Beach has a range of accommodation options for you to choose from including Studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, all with air conditioning, balcony or terrace, cable TV, hair dryer and laundry (an extra person rate applies for use of the sofa bed). If pool views are what you are after, then spend a little more and book a 1 or 2 Bedroom Pool View Apartment or even a 3 Bedroom Penthouse. This resort offers a great position along with onsite facilities to keep you and the kids entertained. With two heated pools and spas, a waterslide, gymnasium, childrens playground and BBQ facilities, you will always have plenty to do. Alexandra Headland, known by the locals as 'Alex', is a small coastal community complemented by the soothing rolling surf and inviting beaches. This Sunshine Coast town is also fringed by Mooloolaba, Buderim and Maroochydore with a superb coastal sweep to the north and bush setting foothills to the west. BreakFree Alexandra Beach is the right choice for your next Sunshine Coast getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Hotel Alexandra Headland
- Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort Alexandra Headland, Sunshine Coast