“Best Christmas EVER!”

Alexandra on the Pacific
Sydney, Australia
“Best Christmas EVER!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Thank you so much to the managers of Alex on the Pacific for making our Christmas holiday one to remember and cherish always. Absolutely cannot fault the place. Beautifully decorated spacious rooms, fabulous location and the friendliness of the management and everyone was top of the line. They went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay, so much so that we invited them for dinner on the last night of our stay, lovely lovely people. Will definitely return - SOON!!! Thanks again for a wonderful stay, will keep in touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bendigo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family have holidayed on the sunny coast for a number of years now and this was our first stay at Alexandra on the Pacific. We were so happy, we will always stay there from now on. Our room was amazing and very clean. The receptionist was lovely and really helpful with any of our queries. Location is awesome, not right down on the esplanade where it is super busy but close enough to be convenient. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Go bottom floor if you have children for easy access to pool and big verandah.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mackay
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow where would I start. The term " luxury apartment" has no place in any sentence regarding this place.. Called prior to booking to enquire if the parking would accommodate our trailer,was told that it definetaly would but we would have to park our car somewhere on the street as there is only 1 park allocated per apartment ( we were happy with that) arrive a few days later asked directions for parking, explained trailer, was answered with a very blaze "well u might want to go and have a look down there first I don't like your chances of getting it in there it's quite hard to negotiate, so if not there is a street out the front you could park on" so after a lot of effort and no help we managed to eventually get trailer in there, getting it out was even harder. What were we supposed to do if it didn't fit tow it everywhere we went or unhook it with thousands of dollars worth of motorbikes in it & leave it on the street?? so saying on the phone it would definetaly fit in my opinion is a lie and we were very lucky to get it in at all. Be prepared to find your own rusted trolley at lift If your lucky to get your own bags to your room. Walked in to apartment yes it is very large I will give them that credit, balcony is right on a very busy road that is so loud you cannot even have it open at all. Apartments are ACROSS THE ROAD from the beach not on it and if you walk out onto balcony you have a very limited view of the ocean. Apartment very drab and run down. The couch had a plank of wood underneath it to stop the sag!! Both bathrooms had not been cleaned properly were dusty and both had HAIR!!! So discusting! Called straight away very nicely said we weren't happy with the room view was terrible was right on an intersection very nosey and bathrooms were filthy.. Booked out couldn't move, mind you she didn't check any of their sister apartments. And was told she would get a cleaner up IN THE MORNING! I explained to her that there was no way I would be letting my two young children shower or bath in that filth until the morning & I will go buy my own.cleaning products and clean myself (which I did & which she was clearly happy to let me as I never heard from her or anyone again about the matter) I even explained to her I used trip advisor & would be writing a review she didn't care at all. For $305 a night I cannot believe I had to go & purchase cleaning goods and clean it, I should be sending them a bill!! Tv in bedroom is that outdated is te old box style and every channel was like watching snow fall! All in all it is very overpriced and if it cost maybe in the very low 2's a night you would possibly get what you paid for. We are very well travelled around Australia and this is hands down the worst place we have ever stayed when you take description cleanliness & price into account. The proximity to cafes is the only thing it has going for it. We basically made ourselves busy the whole time we were there so that we spent as little time there as possible which is the opposite of what we intended to do, may as well have stayed in a budget motel in a back street.. Very giant thumbs down from us, ruined the end of what had been a great 16 days across Victoria to qld

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank lulu6
alexonpacific, Manager at Alexandra on the Pacific, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
What a load of Rubbish.
Immediately after checkin, this person demanded a free upgrade to a 3 bedroom apartment. She only booked and paid for a 2 bedroom, standard. When told ‘Sorry, we are fully booked’, she then said she would write a very bad review on Tripadvisor if we didn’t give her an upgrade.
I did advise Tripadvisor by email, the very day this threat came to me. I am very disappointed that Tripadvisor publishes blackmail reviews. And they don’t even put their real name to it.
No-one ever asked, even before arrival, whether a trailer full of motor bikes would fit into our car park. How would we know how big the trailer is to give advice?
We have undercover secure parking for 1 car per apartment, unless you are in a penthouse, then you have 2 car spaces.
Mooloolaba Esplanade runs along the foreshore and we are on the opposite side, directly opposite the ocean – so is every other building which overlooks the ocean and surf beach.
We live directly below the apartment they stayed in and I can see the ocean from my courtyard. If sitting on the balcony one floor above, you can see Mooloolaba Bay and Point Cartwright Lighthouse & out to the ocean.
There are cars on the road during the daytime, but of a night, I can hear the waves breaking on the beach.
The apartment was cleaned and inspected prior to arrival. Cleanliness is a priority for us, and we take it very seriously. I dispute this apartment was not spotless when you arrived.
We do not respond to blackmail, so if you want a penthouse – book one and pay for it!
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I am angry and upset, this evening I get a call from the Manager telling me that there is a dent in the stainless steel rubbish bin. Yes, I saw it when I arrived, it was the size of a very small hail dent (easily seen in stainless steel). My husband, myself and two adult children stayed there this weekend & had booked this apartment for 3 nights (14/15/ & 16th December), we left early due to the excessive noise from the traffic on Buderim Avenue. How petty are these people, how hard up are they for some extra cash???? We did not cook in the apartment, and we left the place spotless! I don't mean to show off, but, our own home is magnificent and I can assure them that we have had our stainless steel rubbish bins for a number of years and there are no dents in them!!!!! Your cleaners need to be more vigilant if they are going to be that petty! Appearances can be deceiving, charge my credit card and I'll see you both in Court. As the saying goes "Not happy Jan"!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Karen F
alexonpacific, Manager at Alexandra on the Pacific, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am disappointed by this guest’s comments as they are based on an untruth. We are constantly updating, upgrading and replacing any items which are worn, damaged or broken in our apartments - to ensure we maintain all of our apartments to the highest possible standard. The day before arrival of this guest, we installed a number of brand new items. During your stay, one of these items was damaged, far in excess of the description given above. Whether accidentally or by vandalism, breakages must be paid for.
You conveniently omitted to mention, that we contacted you after your departure, to advise that our cleaners, whom in your words ‘should be more vigilant’ – handed in your husband’s Rolex watch, which he left behind.
Moranbah
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Huge apartment with a magnificent views at an unbelieveable price
Our unit had great facilities as well
Staff were fantastic and location was great, right in the middle of everything
Shops and attractions only 1 or 2 K's away
Great Dining just a 5 minute walk
Great Beaches at the front of units
Sunshine Hinterland a Must see

Will be staying AGAIN for longer next time

Room Tip: Higher the Floor the Better the View
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
alexonpacific, Manager at Alexandra on the Pacific, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We strive to keep our rates affordable and to give the best service and facilities possible. We take pride in cleanliness and the presentation of our beautiful apartments and resort. Thank you for your comments.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have just had a fantastic stay at Alexandra on the Pacific. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment on the top floor which was perfect. Our relatives from Scotland were lost for words at the size of the apartment and the views. Being on the top floor the views from the apartment are unspoilt overlooking the sea and towns on both sides. At night the sunset is unreal. It is a short walk from town where there are lots of cafes, restaurants, shops, supermarkt etc. The beach is just across the road. There is a small pool area with sunloungers which is kept spotless. The staff/management are very helpfull. We look forward to staying again the next time we are in Oz.

Room Tip: Top floor with front seaviews
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We do have some of the best views on the Sunshine Coast - we are very lucky. We look forward to welcoming you back when next in Oz.
Mona Vale, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Overall, my 4 nights at the Alexandra was great. Very friendly staff/managers, great location to restaurants, supermarket, beach etc in Mooloolaba. Only a short stroll to Alexandra Headland surf club for good meals.
Only comment is that the apartment I was in faced the road, and the cars, buses, trucks etc had to accelerate to get up the hill.....however, as the evening went on, the traffic flow decreased, and the noise was'nt really an issue!
I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks Peter
We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us too. We are very lucky to have such a fantastic range of restaurants all within walking distance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandra Headland
Nautilus Mooloolaba
Nautilus Mooloolaba
#8 of 15 in Mooloolaba
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Alexandra on the Pacific? Share your experiences!