Tsarskoye Selo State Museum Preserve
Review Highlights
Beautiful complex for at least half a day

Tsarsko Selo (Tsar Village) is a Royal complex Peter the Great built for his wife Catherine I... read more

Reviewed May 20, 2021
B1714D
Belgrade, Serbia
You can only fall in love with this place

Not my first visit and every time I am impressed. Love everything about it. Landscapes... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2020
Russia
via mobile

1,244 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Ever since reading Nicholas and Alexandra in high school many years ago, I have wanted to visit the summer palace. After reading Catherine the Great last year, both books by Robert K Massie, I was super excited to be booked to visit.

I was not disappointed. We went on a Tauck tour which enabled us to enter before regular opening hours so we visited before the worst of the crowds. The babushkas do a good job of regulating how the crowds move through the palace. I figured out that if I hung back as we moved to each succeeding room I could turn back and take a photo of the room we just visited and it would be empty, as the babushkas paused before letting the next group enter. The palace itself is so historic and decadent it is being back in time. This is a don't miss along with Peterhof. They are both gilded to the max but each has its own personality. The gift shop is one of the better ones we visited and as we exited into the gardens, there was a guy selling prints of landmarks that he had touched up with gold paint to make it look like gilding. I bargained for a print, got a good price and after getting it framed it has turned out to be one of my favorite souvenirs.

Another fun book ( a novel) to read before visiting is The Amber Room by Silva.
The restoration of the amber room is incredible.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Magnolia13
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Everything in this museum is spectacular and glamours. It allows a small glimpse in the emperor's family life and their luxury.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed March 13, 2019

I hired a driver and went through the rooms on my own with an audio guide which was perfect,as you can listen and skip around at will. I only wish it had been warmer and possible to have been there when the gardens were in bloom.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 14, 2019

This fascinating Palace & Gardens get me back in 18 century! Amber Room blow my mind - it something out of this world

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed January 20, 2019

I like to walk in this park very much, especially in summer and autumn. There is always long lines to entrance in museum. So I don't recommend to visit museum on weekend.

Date of experience: October 2018