Hotel Cotubanama Samana
Hotel Nuevo Amanecer(Santa Barbara de Samana)
$45
Hotel Las Ballenas Escondidas(Santa Barbara de Samana)(Great Value!)
$62
$50
$138
$106
$130
$126
Hotels.com
Villa Serena Hotel(Las Galeras)
$117
$240
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel el Marinique(Las Galeras)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed with a couple of friends for 2 days. Guillermo, the manager and his staff were very helpful and friendly! Thanks a lot! We will definitely come back to Cotubanama Backpackers in Samaná ! Muchas gracias por todo :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Johanna F
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Thank you Guillermo and Yanil for having us at your hostel! These two make you feel like guests at home rather than just clients. The lodging is appropriate for the price, but sufficient for travelers like me who want to spend as much time out in the town as possible. The hostel is located a block from La Malecon where you can find lovely gift shops and restaurants with delicious food. All the staff at Cotubanama Backpackers Samana was super friendly, honest, and helpful. Guillermo arranged an excursion to El Limon for us, and Yanil even went along with us, passing the day with us just like any other friend would. Though I spent less than 2 full days in Samana, I had a great time and I highly recommend this hostel for adventurers who like a little taste of home comfort on their journey.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Guillermo is THE manager of the century! He's extremely helpful and friendly and wants to make sure you're trip is the best possible. Other staff members are good too, but they don't speak English (not a problem though - they're extremely patient and helpful and we eventually were on the same page).

The hostel itself was clean and spotless and the room was nice and basic with air-con and fan. Good value for the money!

Only thing I missed was the lack of dorms. Being a backpacker-hostel you'd expect a dorm of some kind. But overall a very cool experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank JonneP
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have been to Samana many times as a Yacht Captain on my way through the Caribbean and often stopped in Samana for fuel and provisions. My most recent trip was by air and the the Carib Tours bus into Samana. Having not been to Samana since 2006, I was looking for a Hotel for my two week stay. I found Backpackers Samana on the internet and made a Skype phone call to inquire as to rates and so forth. What a delight it was to speak with Guillermo de Juan Gerente. He spoke English and was so helpful and courteous. My entire stay at the Hotel was perfect. They helped with everything. The rooms were VERY clean and safe. I was amazed at how easy they made my stay. If you are looking for inexpensive accommodations and on a budget ($20.00- $30.00 US) per day. This is your place. It doesn't get any better !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the West Side second floor are quiter. Eastside has better view, but anywhere in this inexpensive Hotel is good. Price vs Value, AAAA++++
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Captain Frank C
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed with my girlfriend there for 3 nights in August. Guillermo and his wife are really nice and great person, always ready to help you. The hostel is perfect for backpackers, it's in the center of the town and really near everything you need. They also organize wonderful excursion in Samana's region! The rooms are clean, there is wifi connection, a shared fridge where it's possible to store some food and the atmosphere is great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple