“River meets Ocean”
Review of Playa el Valle

Playa el Valle
Reviewed August 31, 2014

What a fun beach! Fresh water pools to play in and a little cave. constant wave, but clear water once you get past the break. about 3 beach restaurants to choose from.

1  Thank Ann G

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The best virgin beach I've ever visited thus far in my existence. just about a mile distance from the dominican tree house(maybe a lil more)

1  Thank Eduardo G
Reviewed August 26, 2014

There are many beaches one can visit while they are on the Samana Peninsula and I got to visit several during my 12 days there. El Valle was by far my favorite.

1. It is an official turtle nesting ground area and there are areas roped off where you are not allowed to go. I believe it is one of the only in the area. I appreciate that there are efforts happening here to ensure their safety. If you pick the right time of year to be here then you could see some baby turtles.

2. It was the least crowded of all the beaches I went to. There were only a few other people there when I went and I was nice having such a stunningly beautiful beach for just my family and I to enjoy. There is dirt road that leads to this beach but it is not easy to get to. We stayed at the nearby Dominican Treehouse Village and road bikes to the beach which we just loved.

3. The water is pretty calm, clear, and wonderful for swimming and snorkeling. If you walked down the beach (to your right facing the water) past the little freezing cold fresh water stream to the beach next to it and all the way to the end there is some great snorkeling along the rocks there. We saw some amazing schools of fish. It was so beautiful and the day we went we did not encounter a current or any issues with swimming in the water. I don't know if this is normal or not but it made it easy for everyone in our party to enjoy the snorkeling.

4. There are a few different little restaurant huts you can eat lunch at. The food is good and seems reasonably priced. Our lunch was included with our stay at the Treehouse Village so I am not sure of the exact cost.

I would encourage anyone who is staying in the Samana area to take a trip to El Valle beach and enjoy an amazing day in seclusion. You won't regret it.

Just a side note: There is no place to rent snorkeling equipment. We brought our own from the states and are so thankful we did. Besides Playa Fronton, we used our gear the most at El Valle.

1  Thank Myflowergirls2
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have been in the DR for 18 months, every chance we get we explore a new beach--this is the best of all! The beauty exceeds words like superlative it is an excellent beach for swimming, not too much wave action.The beach has just the right amount of slope. The road could use some work, but then more people would come, we had only two other groups on a mile long beach

3  Thank lisa w
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Secret and most Romantic Beach of the country with lots of beauty to offer and some caverns that comes out under this rocks a beautiful lagoon of sweet water that ends to the open beach.

3  Thank Edith D