“Amazing”

Dominican Tree House Village
shadow
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The dominican treehouse village is truly amazing. Bart has created a real paradise that is a must see when visiting Samana. Right when I arrived the staff made me feel at home. The treehouses are gorgeous but there are also swinging beds suited for backpackers like myself. The bed was really comfortable and I didn't have any issues with bugs or mosquitoes when sleeping outside. Everything you need is in the area. The property has a river and waterfall, the food cooked is excellent, and the zip lining is there for that adrenaline rush. Also ask about yoga classes in the mornings :)

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Meridian, Idaho, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We only stayed one night and I think at least two would be better. All of the tree houses and the dining area just fit in so well with the jungle around you. It is a beautiful place. Well designed and peaceful. Bart and his crew were great to make us feel so welcome. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Unique, Fun, Cool, Breathtaking, Educational ,Romantic, Exciting and Off the Map! Half the fun of The Treehouse Village is getting there and once there you have so many things to do.
The seaside town of Samana is robust, alive and offers many things to do, from whale watching, to restaurants, to ziplines tours, to dune bugging, to a great market to pick up your fish, chicken, fruits and vegetables and countless beautiful beaches. If you're driving to Samana DO NOT drive at night and even during the day it can be very trying, the rules of the road with all of the motorbikes makes it very interesting to say the least. We drove from Punta Cana.
Make sure you talk or communicate with Bart ( via Facebook - type in Dominican Treehouse Village on Facebook ) or someone at the Treehouse Village before arriving to get directions from Samana, IT IS hidden in the jungle and very difficult to find if you don't know where you're going.
Also, when you reach the end of the road and park your vehicle be prepared for a short 5 minute walk through the jungle to get to the treehouses. The village is approximately 15 minutes from Samana.
Once you arrive your journey will be worth it, everything at the village is new and white glove clean and your jaw will drop when see how cool this little gem is. Michelle will welcome you and show you around and fill you in on how everything works. There really are no rules except to relax and have fun doing whatever you want. The waterhole and waterfall is a great place to cool off and it's only a 1 minute walk from your treehouse. The beach is awesome but it's a 3 minute drive by car or you could walk.
The food is was very good and you also have the option to buy some local fruits, veggies and fish at the market and have the cooks prepare it Dominican style for a real treat.
If you're lucky enough to be around Jan. 15th thru March. 15th I would highly recommend the humpback whale watching but if that's not your thing then go ziplining - it's the best one in the Caribbean.
The beds are clean and comfortable but it's those night breezes and jungle sounds that put you to sleep. Be sure to bring a flashlite because it can be very dark at night if you need to use the restroom, they do have lighting on the pathways but there are a few dark spots.
There are no toilets in the treehouses at this time so you will have to take a short walk. There are 4 toilets and showers to share but they're very clean and private. At this time there is only one shower with hot water but there wasn't a problem getting in.
My wife and I never felt in danger or worried about security, the local people and staff could not be nicer. Michelle is AWESOME at answering any questions about the Dominican way of life.
We have travelled from Central America to South America to Africa to Australia and beyond and The Treehouse Village is by far the most unique place we've stayed and we highly recommend giving it a try.
Mike & Gail Dorsey
Apple Valley, MN

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the valley ask for rooms 4 or 5. They are high up but it requires more of...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartyMan2679
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the eco lodge only one night. Would have loved more time. Bart was awesome at catering to our needs. We went on the dune buggie adventure as well as the fabulous zip line. Best zip line I have ever done.

The tree houses were great fun, clean, with very comfortable beds. We did not have a problem with bugs. Loved the camp fire pit with swings at night. Fabulous place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I have traveled all around the world and we will never forget this trip. The tree house village was such a unique experience. The ziplines, river rafting, waterfalls, dune buggies, beaches and great food were some of the events planned for us. It's like luxurious camping in the jungle. We can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Clee777
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Call Bart or Julio and they'll work out a special rate for you. I can tell you this. There is no more serene feeling than sleeping in the open air in the jungle. All the sounds of the waterfall, jungle creatures and light rainfall with no walls to shut it out. The roof is perfectly water proof and there's a bug net to keep the creepy crawlies away. I will be coming back there. It's a short walk to one of the most gorgeous private beaches I've seen. The zipline to the waterfall. HOLY smokes. It's a garden of eden. The staff and locals are so kind and accommodating. If you find that you only have one week to live, spend at least 1 of those days here.

Room Tip: Get a room up high. Yeah you have walk up it, but the VIEW!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gametavern
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I spent a night in this eco lodge after seeing it being built last year while on the Zip line excursion. We were hoping it would be done by this year’s vacation time and I was so happy when we got the OK from the owner. We set things up and we weren’t really sure what it would be like since the last time we were there it still had a lot of work needing to be finished and we had only seen pictures. It was so much more than we thought it was going to be.

I am happy with backcountry camping and have even been to eco lodges before. What we found was anything but the camping/eco lodge feeling. We walked through the jungle and crossed the little river with the help of David and Michelle to find the lodge on the side of a massive hill. Bart (owner) has done so much work since last year. The walk in gives you a different view of the lodge then when you exit the zip line. We found new trees and plants along newly built walkways. We found all the buildings finished with amazing views everywhere we looked. We got to meet a few other friends of Bart's since they were staying there as well and even some of the workers that maintain the area. We found power to all the huts and hydro/water to the kitchen and bathrooms. There was beautiful jungle all around us. The food was simple and even made by Bart himself, this time, but I don’t think I have tasted anything so good. I guess it was the jungle only feet away that helped it taste so good. With jungle all around us I thought for sure there would be bugs everywhere but I don't think I felt one the whole time. The rooms/huts are just amazing with curtains you can close if you want some privacy but you can also leave them open if you like to see the jungle. We closed them because of the rain storm we had but I don’t think anything would have gotten wet even if we did leave them open. We fell asleep under the netting to the sounds of the jungle all around us and I felt totally safe the whole time.

Breakfast was amazing and again I really think it had something to do with the surroundings. We were happy to share some fellowship with the others staying there and almost felt like we had known everyone for years. There are full bathrooms at the main lobby area but I chose to head down to the lagoon to clean off the previous days sweat under the waterfall. It got a little busy there when the zip line guests finished but it was nice to interact with everyone. The local people were great and very welcoming the whole time.

I don’t think anyone can explain how great this place is and it is one of those places you just have to go and check out. Thank You again Bart for one of the best times I have had in the Dominican.

This is an old world jungle type safari experience with 20th century comfort and 5 star beds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo
Chalet Tropical Village
Chalet Tropical Village
#1 of 20 in Las Galeras

Been to Dominican Tree House Village? Share your experiences!