“Outstanding trip for young and old(er) alike!”

Samana Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: 13 Stations, 12 ziplines for all ages. Three cable system for added safety. We are the best ranked excursion , attraction in Dominican Republic. After enjoying the Samana Zip Line you will swim in the Lulu waterfall. It is located at the bottom of the 13th station. Samana Zipline Tour is an excellent excursion to do with friends, family and children. It's an ecotouristical atraction for all ages, that combines the contact of nature, flying into the forest, swimming in casacade and having lunch in the great "El Valle" beach, with the best dominican food, such as fresh fish, lobsters, and fruits of the place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding trip for young and old(er) alike!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

What an amazing day we had this past week doing the Walk a Plank Zipline - outstanding crew/team led us through on a journey that helped me conquer my greatest fear - that of heights - loved the soaring through the air - felt incredibly safe (even upside down!). Professional and enjoyable - thanks to the team who took us through - a special thanks to Ariel and to Leo (who convinced me upside down was doable and worth it!)
we were told we were guaranteed a %1000 trip - and it was at least at %3000 - thanks to all for a great day (and the swing rope into the falls at the ends was a blast too!)

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the best i've ever made”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Everything is perfect with this Zipline activity. Great for the hole family. Very safe, even the landing. Very long, you have time to enjoy each zipline. A great one for beginers and a nice one for experienced ride. Bring your camera, you have plenty of time to do anything you want. The staff realy nice. It finished with a nice visit of an eco-friendly hotel below and a nice explanation of the R D way of living.
J P
Québec

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had an absolutely amazing time on this 1/2 day excursion. The bus ride through the hills was scenic and bumpy- thats where e adventure begun!!! We arrived and were greeted by a group of locals that run it! All spoke English fairly well and had fun outgoing attitudes!!
We were harnessed up and set off on this adventure. I enjoyed that we could go solo or as a couple.
Half way through it rained....got really wet and real greasy! Good times
**** if you are thinking of doing this bring some " I don't care" comfy clothes. We ended up with grease stains from the Ziplines

Visited December 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I did this this last weekend and it was awesome! The staff is very nice and well prepared, the zipline is extremely secure and the views are breathtaking. Going up the hill to the first station (where you walk off the plank of a pirate ship) was a exhausting for me (I almost thought I wasn't going to be able to make it), but they gave me a ride up on a four-wheel and after I caught my breath I had an excellent time. 12 ziplines end with a dip in the Lulú cascade and a visit to the El Valle beach. They also have a stop at a local house, where you can buy jewelry, rum and many local stuff. Don't forget to bring your camera with you, the sights are to die for.

1 Thank Bracuta
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Highly recommended! Super experience and very well run!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

There are a few zip-line tours in DR but this one is by far the best. Be aware, in Samana there is one other too. This one is best and can be recognised by having 12 ziplines (others have less), its also called "Walk the Plank" and has a ship as first station.
The ziplines go through a beautiful pristine jungle and you zip from one hilltop to the other, lower and lower until you end at the waterfall where they build a cool tarzan rope swing, where you can jump of the rocks and fly around over the waterfall until you let yourself drop in the pond under the waterfall. The owner Bart is a very interesting inspiring guy who uses the revenues from the zipline to build an amazingly beautiful eco lodge next to the waterfall. He has lots of ideas and is building his eco dream in the DR jungle.
Dont miss out on the lovely beach 3 minutes drive from the waterfall for a great lunch at the beach.
We stayed in Cabarete and rented a car to get to Samana. It's a 3 hour drive but well worth it. And the drive was beautiful on it's own. Just avoid driving back in the dark as driving at night in DR is not to be recommended. Everybody uses their BIG ligths so you get blinded all the time, trying to avoid the motorcycles without lights, potholes and people walking on the side of the road.
You can also go there with a tour. that's what most people do.
O, my daughter of 11 and son of 13 just loved it! Something for all ages and seriously fun!