“Don't miss this great place”

Samana Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: 13 Stations, 12 ziplines for all ages. Three cable system for added safety. We are the best ranked excursion , attraction in Dominican Republic. After enjoying the Samana Zip Line you will swim in the Lulu waterfall. It is located at the bottom of the 13th station. Samana Zipline Tour is an excellent excursion to do with friends, family and children. It's an ecotouristical atraction for all ages, that combines the contact of nature, flying into the forest, swimming in casacade and having lunch in the great "El Valle" beach, with the best dominican food, such as fresh fish, lobsters, and fruits of the place.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Niagara Falls, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't miss this great place”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My 18 year old daughter wanted to do this- I was terrified but went- immediately the owner- Bart put me at ease when he described everything, and one of his staff Chocolate was hilarious and helped to reduce the fear. They were willing to have a staff go with me but I tried it- and LOVED IT! Bart has certainly thought of everything and runs a topnotch business and is so passionate about what he does. We purchased a video and Chocolate came to our hotel that night to deliver it as he knew we were leaving the next morning. One staff gave us a small problem in pushing a tip- I advised Bart as he wouldn't have been aware that the staff was doing this- and Bart immediately apologized and talked to the staff. I was very impressed and would recomnend this attraction to everyone- don't be scared- and if you are like I was- just do it- you will never regret it and its' the best one to try it out. I can't wait to go back and do it again! And my daughter- upside down on the 1st line! Fantastic! One warning- a lot of walking up steps at the beginning- be ready for it, and a bumpy ride as well on the bus. And don't forget your camera- have it with a wrap around your wrist- I could tak epictures as we were going across- great memories. Lastly- the video Chocolate did was really well done- more great memories to keep

1 Thank Vacationer206

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Trenton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Ride”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am a 58 year old overweight women who's husband wanted to go zip lining. I was afraid I would have a heart attach, instead I had the time of my life. After we picked up all the participants we drove through the beautiful back roads to reach the "pirates ship".Bart the founder provided an excellent commentary while we drove. He described his journey to build the zip lining adventure. He also told us many things about the DR people that the average tourist doesn't know. I found it very interesting. The road up to the top was very steep and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. We were told by the Air Canada Rep, we booked with that this was a new type of zip lining and very safe. When we reached the point where the truck could go no further we walked up a hill that was about 4 flights of staires. There were no handle rails which would have made it a little easier for someone having difficultly but I made it. The staff was amazingly helpful. At every point along the way I received help and I felt very safe. I volunteered to go first only because the anticipation would have killed me. It was very exciting and I could feel the adrenalin rush.The view was incredibleAnd I am so very glad I went. When we reached the last run I felt sad it was over, but we were then taken to a river with a waterfall. Many of our group went swimming the river. It was very serveen.I must admit a few benches to sit on while we were there would have helped my rubbery legs. Then we walked along a trail to the buses and again it was lovely. When we reached the bus we then drove to a beach where you could get food or drink. Then off to the starting place were we had opportunity to sample some DR treats. I would highly recommend these adventure for almost anyone.It was truly and safe ride and one I will never forget. Thanks Bart

2 Thank rddawson
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was the most exciting thing I've ever done in my life!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had the time of my life at Walk the Plank. My friends and I learned so much about local culture from the owner, Bart, and also from the many workers, such as Chocolate. Everybody was very friendly and helpful and the whole experience was above and beyond what I could have imagined!

1 Thank KellyBaum
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were hesitant to do this tour due to us being cheap, so we booked it at the last minute. The guide was FANTASTIC and catered to us like crazy. We got tons of information on our open truck ride out, a great food lesson and snacks too! We met some great local residents (and the guide's mother in law) and learned all about the local crops as well.
In regards to us being cheap - this trip was worth more than we paid for it!
The 12 ziplines were incredible, and the staff is well informed and well trained. As someone who is terrified of heights, they helped me through it and I had a ton of fun.
Good luck to Walk the Plank on your Eco Lodge

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“What an experience!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was truly a "must do" excursion while on vacation. It truly was an experience of a lifetime.
We made our reservation through the resort that we were staying at and transporation was provided directly from our hotel to the excursion. The transportation was great, the travels quite scenic and always the people were very friendly. The guides were an abundance of information and tried to provide us tourists with an abundance of information about their country.
The terrain once getting up into the mountains was quite rough but again added to the expereince we had - the vehicle that we took sure must take a beating as it was a rocky steep incline to the zipline.
Once at hut you are dressed in your safety equipment and provided a chance to go to the washroom. There is a bit of a hike to the first line. Once at the first line it is a beautiful look out from the pirate ship through the valley of the mountains. There are 12 lines in total. The excursion takes about an hour to an hour and a half.
It is truly one of the most adventurous things i have done in my life and loved every minute of it. The guides are very helpful, diligent in ensuring your safety and continually check to make sure you are all right. The did a fantastic job!
Once at the bottom you have a chance to enjoy a waterfall ( unfortunately the day we went we experienced a 5 hour rain that morning and made the river quite quick and weren`t able to experience this part of the excurison). We walked back to the vehicle and some of the locals helped us across the river and the inclines.. mostly women and young children who are literally living in the middle of nowhere ( we tipped provided a few US dollars to these ladies as they were carrying people across the river on their backs) they were quite appreciative.
We were taken back to a village home and provided a few snacks that are grown locally. We were given the opportunity to try coconut, sugarcane and pinapple. We tried local coffee and a desert that was bananas, cocoa and mama juana ( a must have in the DR - and bring home with you. You can find it in most of the towns!) They showed us some of the fruits that were grown right in their own backyard coconuts, cocobean fruit and how it was made into coco, sugarcane, watermelon, etc... it was quite an experience. The dominicans are truly happy, freindly people.
Thanks walk the plank for such a wonderful experience. Hope to be able to do it again one day!

Visited February 2012