“Best Restaurant in Samana Hands Down”

Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant - Tapas & Wines
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant - Spanish Style Food, Seafood, Tapas and Great Wines. Outdoor Terrace overlooking the Malecon and the Marina in the beautiful small Town of Samana.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Amazing food. Awesome Service. Great prices. Super cold beer. I don't write a review every time I eat at Taberna but I could write a five star review every time I eat there. I had the spaghetti this time, which I almost never do in a restaurant due to coming from an Italian family. No one's spaghetti stands up to what we get at home. This does. Pomodoro or bolognese, either is wonderful. The atmosphere is amazing whether you dine inside the building or outside on the patio, but many times you'll have the inside to yourself because most others prefer the patio. Beautiful decor as well, adds to the experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Taberna is a great little gem. Good food, good service and a great price. It has a nice atmosphere. Bravo!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I spent New Years Eve at Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant and had an absolutely great time. The food and service was topnotch for the Samana area. I ordered the steak and it was amazing, truly the best steak in Samana. Tender chewable meat in the D.R. is a rarity. I must recommend this restaurant if your looking for a quiet evening with excellent food and a great view...!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Clean, good food, excellent service ! Nena the owner is a wonderful lady who will welcome you with a big smile. The sea food are delicious and FRESH ! The grilled chicken breast are lean serve with grilled veggies, just feel like home.
Good choice of wine and beverages.
Nice smooth music, incredible view of the Samana's Bay, located directly on the malecon.
I return every time I'm in Samana and the quality is still the same, no surprises just pleasures.
Ca$h only !

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just returned from a week-long vacation in Samana. By chance we happened upon this restaurant within the first 10 minutes of driving into town, and it was exactly what we needed after eight hours of driving in the R.D. La Taberna is the perfect blend of classy, clean, romantic, friendly, fun, and above all, serves absolutely delicious and fresh food. The owner, Nina, made us feel so welcome that we returned the very next day for dinner and drinks afterward. We love connecting with people in whatever culture we find ourselves in, and I can honestly say that Nina was the best hostess we have encountered in all of our travels. A beautiful restaurant, a beautiful view, and a beautiful family. MUCHAS GRACIAS, NINA!!! We miss you!!! --- Amanda & Doug