“Best eat in town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant - Tapas & Wines

Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant - Tapas & Wines
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Taberna Mediterranea Bar Restaurant - Spanish Style Food, Seafood, Tapas and Great Wines. Outdoor Terrace overlooking the Malecon and the Marina in the beautiful small Town of Samana.
Sarpsborg, Norway
“Best eat in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great food, great service and good atmosphere. It reminds me of Spanish wine-cellars for both good and bad. The bad is the incredible hard wooden chairs, the good is the coziness. I did miss something cold on the dessert menu, but wow, the plates look awesome. Did not disappoint, would happily recommend this for anyone wanting a decent meal in this town.

Even got candy with the bill, and a glass of ouzo or so. Nice touch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Saint Bruno, Canada
“Expect me back soon ! Réservez moi une table !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Well, that was the ''coup de coeur'' of my Samana vacation, last October. First, the terrase, the breeze, the shade and one ....oups sorry, more like few ice cold Presidente (local beer) to enjoy the magnificient view of the Samana bay. The main course: Plato Tierra y Mare...wow !!! Delicious !! Suppose to be for 2 but enough for 4. Impeccable service, very nice staff member, the owner came to say Hi and made sure that we had everything we needed and that we were satisfied. No rush, we enjoyed the view, had a very good meal for a fair price.
Make your self a favor¸ on your way to the airport or a night out in town, stop by and have a good meal it worth every pesos.
In fact, I will be back in January, please have my table ready on the terrase !

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lionne1961
Dominican Republic
“Try the Mar & Tierra Plate for 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

As usual, since we are regulars to this resturant, we were received with a big smile from the hosstess, had a jar of sangria and ordered the mar y tierra plate for 2, plenty of beef filet, shrimp, calamari and fish. I recommend this place to any one. GI.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Caribbeangeorge
Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
“Tour Samana With Terry Approved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've lived in Samana for 10 years. This is a fairly new place but I have recommended this restaurant to others based on many friends who have recommended it to me. Now I can finally recommend it on my own merit! AWESOME! First, it's a wonderful spot with gorgeous views of the bay and the sailboats moored in the harbor. The ambiance is delightful (I'm thinking of copying some of their decoration themes at my house) and the food is wonderful. Most importantly the Presidente (our wonderful local beer if you didn't know already) is ice cold!

I actually can't speak to the prices because I was a guest of a good friend who eats here regularly. We were having a goodbye supper to send off a couple of very good friends who were going home to Sweden after 22 years in the D.R. Our host (from Switzerland with 25 years in Samana) ordered the Surf & Turf Table. They bring out a huge tray/mini table of beef, pork, chicken, lobster, shrimp and other seafood. I'm not a big seafood fan but I was that night!

I definitely would recommend trying this restaurant. My wife and my very close friends had a last night together to remember for a long time to come!

• Visited May 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Diamond in the rough!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

The restaurant is a bit tucked away from the rest of Santa Barbara, but definitely worth the whole experience. The waiting staff is perhaps some of the more polite people on the peninsula and the food is by far some of the best in the country. The establishment serves a terrific atmosphere (almost like a Spanish-style tavern). The surf and turf dish for 2 was very savory and rich with flavor and is actually able to serve 3 or 4 people! Once you see the quantity of food, the prices are definitely a great deal. The menu is online and they do carry out orders too!! This has become one of my favorite restaurants that I plan to frequent weekly.

• Visited September 2011