“Perfect Adventure!”

Samana Whale Watching Tour with Biologist Guide
$105.00*
Four Beaches VIP Tour with Lobster Lunch & Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGENDARY TOURS EVERYDAY. Tour Samana with Terry offers the HIGHEST rated tours and excursions to all corners of the Samana Peninsula. From Horseback to Quads to Zip Line to Whale tours enjoy their unmatched attention to detail and love of this beautiful natural wonderland. Activities for all ages. Welcome families!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This zip line tour is an all encompassing tour of the real DR. Terry is fun, professional, and really takes care of the group and their safety. The zip lines are safe and insured by US insurance. My only complaint is the girls forcing themselves on you to walk you from the creek out on the path even if you say no thank you...I'm an agile 28 year old and it was annoying. Still gave them $ so I guess that is why they do it! The lunch on a secluded beach was delicious and the tour of the local home/foods was interesting. Beers and rum included! Absolutely encouraged to do this with Terry! He waited for us when we were very very late due to tendering!

1  Thank kiralandis

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Terry runs a high quality, professional, and personal tour service! We thoroughly enjoyed our zipline adventure, the wonderful cultural experience and the local food. Terry thinks of everything! We gained a sense of his love for the land and people of the Dominican Republic through our visit. Bring cash to pay for the tour (no deposit was required) and to hand out as tips to the locals who help Terry throughout the tour. Local women helped us along the rough path from the waterfall to our safari truck so we tipped them. Don't be nervous about booking any tour with Terry. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Shari S
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were a little mislead by reviews on Trip advisor. Unfortunately, the morning of our tour it rained.
We were on the first tender off our cruise ship to arrive at the meeting point. We waited close to one and half hours before the safari bus left the meeting point were the tenders arrive to go on a 10-15 minute ride to pay for the tour at their office and then back to the meeting point were the tenders arrive to pick up a guide. After about two hours of waiting we were finally on our way. This process seemed a bit disorganized. This was a simply a rough ride to the zip line area, not a guided tour. Our guide did not understand or speak English so communication was very poor. Our group was split into two groups. Our group was left off at an area to wait about 20 minutes with no explanation as to what was happening. Finally, we were put back on a safari bus and were taken to the zip line. This was the highlight of the tour. The zip lining was awesome. However, because of the rain we were covered by mud and grease from the cables. Please wear old clothes because this grease does not come off. We ruined two pairs of shorts and two t-shirts. At the end of your zip line adventure, there are locals that help you down the path and escort you back to your bus. Please have change for tips as there is no where were you can 'break' large bills. The waterfalls at the end of the zip line are deceiving, theses are small falls and not worth the swim in our opinion. The water is very muddy and murky. There was an interesting presentation of local fruit and drink. Then we were on our way to the beach for lunch and by this time it had stopped raining. Local food was available such as rice, chicken, fish and veggies. It was nice to experience local food. We took a quick dip in the water. A longer stay here would have been appreciated. There are very rustic washroom facilities, please use the facilities at the office at the beginning of the tour. The whole time from the beginning to the end of the tour cold drinks were available; water, coke, beer, fruit juice and rum and coke. Terry is a very personable fellow. We returned to the original meeting place to take our tender back to the ship.
Overall it was a pleasant experience.

2  Thank Alliekat
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I truly enjoyed this excursion. Our guide was charming and a great guy. The beach was clean and the water was great. We had drinks and the lunch was spectacular. I highly recommend this excursion.

1  Thank TheMojitoLady
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just got back from a 7 night repositioning cruise on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Sea. I had never been to the DR before and spent a lot of time considering how I wanted to spend my day there before deciding to book with Terry (I found him on TripAdvisor :-). We booked Tour #1 - Limon Waterfal on Horseback. I emailed Terry from his website and he confirmed my reservation for 2 via email within 24 hours. No money/deposit was required up-front, just a request to be considerate and cancel via email or phone call if we decided to change our minds.

We were met at the dock by Terry himself. He was professional and friendly. He introduced us to our local guide for the day, Thomas. We borded a safari bus with 11 other tourist (4 were staying at a local hotel and the other 7 were from our ship). We then traveled to a Tours by Terry storefront (approx 10 min) where we paid (in cash) for our tour. It was all very organized and orderly.

Once all the business was out of the way, we re-boarded the safari bus and headed up the mountain-side. We stopped at a local cigar factory (really more of a shop than a factory) where we got a demonstration on how cigars are made. The prices were irresistable and the cigars were quality. At the same location we were also educated on other DR specialties like delicious chocolate, coffee, local fruits and ... Mamajuana.

As a side note, my guide informed us that his father drank a lot of Mamajuana and it caused his mother to have 27 children so be careful!!! LOL

We then continued further up the mountain in the bus. All the while, Thomas was the ultimate host offering tasting cold beverages (DR beer is de-lish!) whenever needed.

Once we arrived at ranch area, we were fitted with boots (it's muddy) and helmets. Valuables were locked up in the cab of the bus. The horses had leather western saddles that were covered in a comfortable hand-made padding which made the ride super comfortable. I have taken a lot of horseback riding tours and this was my favorite ever. The rainforrest is gorgeous and the ride was relaxing and scenic. Some of the terrain is rocky and steap but my horse was sure-footed and my guide (each horse has a guide) was always by my side on foot.

The waterfall was better than expected. Don't forget to bring your camera! The water was cool and refreshing. I swam through the falls and sat on a perfect "rock bench" behind the waterfall. Experience of a life-time!

After we returned from the ride, we were served a local lunch of rice, beans, plantains, chicken, beef, salad, pineapple and drinks. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Overall, it was a great shore excursion and I HIGHLY recommend it to others.

Thanks for the great day and the awesome memories Terry & Thomas!

3  Thank elizscarb