Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Tour Samana with Terry tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Tour Samana with Terry
from $95.00
More Info
from $105.00
More Info
All reviews low impact chicken bread dominican republic fruit horseback ride cayo levantado cigar shop hot chocolate salad pineapple cold drinks el limon his team via email local produce las terrenas
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We recently returned home from samana where we used tswt for 2 different tours and both were exceptional and left everyone in our group of 8 with smiles on there face. We were booked on the Monday to do a zip line and horseback tour but when we arrived at the dock from cayo levantado it was raining and Terry's guide met up with us and said the weather was looking a little iffy for the day so they rescheduled for Tuesday. Not a problem at all. So Tuesday he picked up at the dock again and we head for a short trip to the office to pay for the excursion and to meet terry (he comes on the tour with us from his office) and to head for the hills! We arrive at the zip line and let me tell you if you are a bit afraid of heights and me and my wife both were nervous than terry will do a great job at talking you through that first jump which is 350 feet above the waterfall below. Afterall he does have a 99.9% success rate of making sure everyone does the zip lining once you are there. There are 12 lines in total and everyone was just as exhilarating as the one before it. Once you make the last jump he takes you down to the waterfall to cool off in the water before heading to the horseback riding. Once on horses you head for the beach where he has a Dominican meal done up for you and than you head back on the horses to a small community where there is a little culture tour and let you taste some fruit and coffee and real coco before ending the day. He provided all the refreshments we wanted for the trip and he runs a very professional business. He was so good that we ended up booking him for the next afternoon to take us on a sail boat ride all around samana bay to see the sunset. Unfortunately a light shower set in while on the sailboat ride but we still all enjoyed the ride and it was good to have terry there with us to explain a lot of the culture and the way things are run in the Dominican! Again he provided us with all the refreshments we wanted and was more than accommodating for our group. I would definitely recommend terry to anyone travelling to samana and we will use him again for sure for any of our excursion needs when we travel to samana again! Thanks for everything terry and the crew!

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank Achurchill57
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I can not describe how fantastic our trip was ziplining with tours with terry!!!!We were cruising on the norwegian gem and decided to book the ziplining excursion. Well worth the money!!!Lunch & beers included. Staff was excellent!!!!! The only thing I would like to see was another bathroom at the office of Tour Samana with Terry. Spent awhile waiting for people to use restroom. But other than that the jeep was was interesting and fun. It was rainy so hard that day and we still enjoyed every minute!!!!Thanks terry & staff. Would definately do it again!!!!!

1  Thank heidin166
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We used TSWT both ways between Las Terrenas and Santo Domingo airport. Totally dependable, on time, etc. So many of the posts say do not rent and drive, but from the airport to and from LT would be pretty easy. The road is great most of the way.

1  Thank omisamoyed
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was on Norwegian Gem that did not have any excursions I liked in Samana; a friend had taken a horseback outing with this company in Jan. 2013 and he said that was his best part of his cruise. So we 3 adults & 3 teenage girls signed up for Zipline. WOW! This was my first time; was not prepared for the reality. The first Zip I cried and called for my mother (who has been dead 10 years). By the 3rd of the 12 ziplines I was letting go, turning upside down -- on purpose --. The staff took excellent careful care of us; had Dominican lunch, culture presentation and free beers.
That day was pouring rain and we had a great time being in the moment, the rain was warm. Got back to the ship & everyone we spoke with hated Samana. They had gone to a beach excursion with ship and had a miserable time. Norwegian should offer this zipline excursion. Tour Samana with Terry should have someone with a camera on their hellmut to take photos/videos like they do with parachuting. You should not miss this experience. The feeling of the zipline is still with me. Will absolutely do it again!

2  Thank ElizabethB610
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I did the 5 in 1 tour. We joined a group of six Americans and a young British couple for our first time zip lining. The only tough part for me was the climb up to the first station. It was very steep and slippery on the loose dirt. We did twelve lines crisscrossing the valley. My wife wasn't comfortable going alone so Tom our guide went with her.
Afterwards we travelled along a path and crossed a swinging bridge to a pool and a small waterfall.

We then went to a beach and had a local woman cook us a meal. Very tasty.

This was followed by an information session where we learned about the local products grown in the DR, such as coffee and cocoa, coconut and pineapple.

There was also plenty of water, beer and soft drinks. And Tom you are better looking than Terry.

Well worth the money. Thanks guys for a great day. Randy and Linda.

2  Thank Tusker1950