“The Best excursion we did in DR” 5 of 5 bubbles

$95.00*
and up
Los Haitises National Park and Cayo Levantado Island Day Trip from Samana
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGENDARY TOURS EVERYDAY. Tour Samana with Terry offers the HIGHEST rated tours and excursions to all corners of the Samana Peninsula. From Horseback to Quads to Zip Line to Whale tours enjoy their unmatched attention to detail and love of this beautiful natural wonderland. Activities for all ages. Welcome families!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The Best excursion we did in DR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

My group did ATV+Zip line tour with Terry and it was the best thing we did in DR. We tried to do things ourselves and I don't think we had any day of excursion this effective in that whole week. Terry could communicate in Spanish very well, knowledgeable in history, plants or anything you would want to know. He is devoted to the communities and helping people in DR and all these just seeps through him by just touring with him few hours.

Everybody's very friendly (it especially felt so great since we've been struggling to talk to people in Spanish and kept having brain freezes lol)... He provided drinks and a GREAT dominican lunch (almost home-cooked) by the beach. You truly feel comfortable and we forgot about being alert and just enjoyed the time. He's itinerary for us was very satisfactory...

Zip line is absolutely stunning. The fact that they do that braking for you was a great relief for someone who hasn't done this before. All you need to do is just ziiiiipppp :)

He fit in a little activities here and there so it felt very full. Full of more things to see and learn.
We got to taste hot cocoa, local drinks, sugar canes, various fruits.... and he showed us around all the different plants and it was very educational.... and REAL... :) It was awesome.

I wish we had scheduled more tours with him... it would have made every excursions more enjoyable and valuable...(realized this after touring Terry... it's worth it...lol)

Just... GREAT. ALL CAPS... lol

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Amazing service, great people, reliable transfers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I traveled from Toronto with my husband and 22 month old. We booked Travel w/ Terry for transfers from Samana airport to our hotel. We met Terry at the airport as he was picking up another group. He was there with Elesio who ended up driving us to & from the airport. They were both really nice and welcoming to us! They even brought us coconut bread as a welcome... delicious! Thanks! We had a car seat for our daughter which was great! We were in an air conditioned van and at my daughter's request, we had some merengue and salsa music playing. Elesio was awesome - really nice and great to chat with in the car. His driving was really great - I never felt unsafe (and I usually hate the drives from the airports as the driving down there is way different than at home). While we were there, we emailed Terry with some questions and he emailed us back within the same day. We didn't do excursions as our daughter is too young, but have heard that his trips are great. I would recommend Tour Samana with Terry to anyone looking for a reliable, punctual company to transfer/do excursions with great service, run by amazing people (we actually did recommend them to some new friends on our trip, and it worked out great!). Thanks Terry & Elesio! We hope to see you again soon!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mermaid08
Newark, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ATV and Ziplining.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Amazing as others have stated. I day we wont forget. if I ever go to The Domican Republic again i will definately be searching for Terry. Many thanks Terry for an incredible day out. xx

1 Thank Kellykins1983
Barthomley, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Zipline and ATV tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

What can I say that hasn't been said before? Our Zipline and ATv day was amazing and one of the highlights of our holiday. Terry was the perfect host, looking after our group of 12. The day started with a trip to the Zip lines, with a dip in a waterfall pool before lunch on the beach. Taking a tour everywhere with the ATVs (quadbikes) and a visit to the local community to view their way of life and local produce. An excellent 5 star day, which was very much earned by Terry and his team. Thank you.

2 Thank Wil_C_888
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best for money- Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having booked our honeymoon to Cayo Levantado in Samana, I began to look around at things for my new wife and I to do while we were there. I quickly came across Terry and he seemed a popular choice with people. I sent him a few emails to which he always responded and booked the ATV and Zipline tour with him. It was easily the best thing we did on our holiday. The only way to see Samana is from the back of an ATV (quad bike), you miss out on so much when just on the back of a truck. They are easy to drive and a lot of fun. The Zipline is also amazing, I really could do it for days on end and never get bored. We also ended up doing the El Limon tour with Terry, which was also a brilliant day. Terry offers the same activities as any other operators do, but having booked some through Thomson as well, you simply do not get the level of service you do with him. We learned so much about the local area, even stopping by his property and meeting his new puppy! Don't bother booking anything with anyone else, ask Terry and he will sort everything for you. He really did make our trip worthwhile and does everything his website says he does- nothing is ever a problem for him.

2 Thank itaylor1983