“This restaurant no longer exists”
Review of Caracola Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Caracola Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Caracola Restaurant & Bar - Located on the Malecón with Scenic View of Samana Bay. FREE Wifi in Samana City on the Largest Outdoor Terrace. The Place to Eat great tasting International Food at Low Prices in Samana Town Dominican Republic. Complete Bar Service. Breakfast + Capuccino & Espresso coffees, Lunch and Dinner ; Open from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EVERYDAY.
Montreal
“This restaurant no longer exists”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

It changed administration and name and it is awful now. Horrible food, unpleasant service, the worst experience of my whole trip to Dominican Republic.

1 Thank julesfrommtl

“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate Lunch here after taking a whale watching tour. We both got the Bahia Azul hamburger with egg and bacon and it was very good. The service was friendly and the bathrooms were very clean. I think they usually have wifi as well, though today it was not working correctly.

Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
“a table with a view, pleasant, friendly and efficient service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Bahía Azul is always a great place to dine. Its relaxing bayfront location, fresh food and kind attentive service are worth a visit when in Samaná. We went with our children for lunch but it is equally enjoyable at night with friends or your significant other.

• Visited January 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Good food... and Average Ambiance”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Fish and Shrimp are excellent, also tostones.
Price is great fot what you get.
Variety in the menu.
I went on Dec 2012, to have lunch, with my husband, it was ok. We were satisfied with the food we got. We wanted seafood with creole seasoning, ant thats what you get, with a scenic view of the bahia of samana in the Samana Town.
the music is aweful (i dont like hearing merengue and bachata while I eat..I prefer chill out) so, I wont return there.

• Visited December 2012
Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
“Tour Samana With Terry Approved! Wonderful Place to Hang Out!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have lived in Samana for 10 years now. When I want to relax and kick back and relax with my friends (foreigners or Dominicans) or just enjoy a night out with my wife I always think about Bahia Azul. Super cold draft Presidente beer for about $1.15 US (45 pesos at the this time). Food is very good too. But, even if they didn't have food, I'd be a regular customer just to sit on their open air patio and have a few beers with my buds or my honey and look at the sailboats in the bay and the people walking about. When my dad comes down to visit, he spends most of his week sitting on their patio having beer with his buddies as well. I have to admit, I try to join them as much as possible, in between tours! LOL!

I can't promise that everyone will like whichever dish you choose to eat but the prices are super and the ambiance is out of this world, especially at night. They seem to specialize in seafood (like most establishments in our area) so stay away from the pizza, they are not Italians at this place. Also, don't expect any hamburgers in the entire country to live up to your standards from home either, it just won't happen, so stay away from burgers in all restaurants including this one. The grilled chicken baguette is very very good and I eat it just about every time I go. Most appetizers are very good and cheap.

I love this place and I hope that you do too!

• Visited May 2012