“Great place to see all of the samana penisula”
other travelers have booked this property
Keepers/servant house in background
Keepers/servant house in background
Terrace w. bbq.
taken from the balcony
view from balcony
Lookng across Samana bay from the balcony
View from balcony
In the shade, under the satch roof.
Gazebo w. BBQ
View from tiki hut
61 steps with handrail to the beach
The beach (beach can change, depending on sea conditions)
Looking up the coast.
Fishing boat---just put the gas.
Master bed room w. a/c & ceiling fan, and bath
2nd small bedroom w, priv. bath, A.C. ceil fan
3d small bedroom w 2 sngl. beds, priv. bath, A.C.
Kitchen and adjoining dinning room
upstaires family room w. sat tv. & wi/fi
downstaires sitting room, adjoining to terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
Curiosity...
“Great place to see all of the samana penisula”
Reviewed March 1, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Thanks to Richard and Anna for making my stay easy and comfortable. I enjoyed the private beach and the pool and the kayaks. I enjoyed the location which is within easy driving distance to the town of Samana, las terranas, playa rincon and las galares.

I enjoyed my conversations on the veranda with Richard as well as talking to Alexa.

Thanks Richard and Anna if i get back to Dominican I will look you up and say Hi.

IA
Reviewed November 10, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Richmond
Reviewed September 7, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Rugged travelers
Management Response
Sep 7, 2013
What a surprise, receiving this negative review, seven (7) months after these guests left. Mainly because they never complained about anything while they were here. On the contrary, they were quite amiable, pleasant, and sociable folks. Had they mentioned these issues while they were here, most could have been quickly resolved.

For example: " No washing machine in the house", the washing machine is in the garage, had they mentioned it., we could have put it in the house. Plus, my helper always offers to do the laundry for the guests.
"Linen was changed only once in 2 weeks". had they mentioned, they wanted the sheets change daily, we would certainly have obliged them.
"Generator was on only when inverter batteries were dead"
had they mentioned that they needed the generator for the toaster or microwave (as the batteries can not power these devises, when city power is off), we certainly would have started it.
"Kitchen needs upgrade" I wish they had been more specific,
so that I would know "what" to upgrade.
"We were not aware, sailboat was available" Well, its not,
nor is it mentioned anywhere in the listing, other then in some guest reviews, as I frequently invite guests for a sail, when the weather, the
boat condition, and my time permit.
"Beach is mostly gravel etc.>>>>" The beach is small flat pebbles, not gravel, from the high tide line up, and sand from high tide line down.
"Dogs next door are annoying especially in the a.m.."
Legitimate complaint, those dogs go off (howling and crying) for about a minute, every morning, when the owner leaves for work at 15 till 8,
and again (barking with joy) at 18.15, for about a minute, when the owner returns, and " occasionally" at other times.
As evidenced by the prior reviews, dating back three years, and never having been mentioned / complained about, illustrates that it is not that big of a problem.
Finally, putting 2 stars out of 5, in the block of "Service".
I just don't know what these guests were expecting from this rental house, other then a full service hotel. I even took them in my car (as they did not have a rental car) to show them around Samana, and grocery shopping.
MN
Reviewed November 23, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway
feisty54
Roseville, MN USA
“It was a Peace of Heaven!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

The house was great. City electricity can be a problem, but Richard has battery back-up and a diesel generator. The pool was absolutely fantastic. Clean, just large enough, clear and deep at one end. Perfect for four adults. (My husband, our friends, and me.) There were also floats and pool toys available. Hurricane Sandy messed up the beach, but that was nothing that could be helped. We just spent more time in the pool. Also, Richard set up a personal-boat excursion to some wonderful areas across the bay. And, Bamboo, the caretake, climbed a palm tree, threw down coconuts, opened them so we could drink the coconut water, then hacked them open further to eat out the coconut meat. Wonderful! The grounds were beautiful, again thanks to Bamboo. We had plenty of room, the internet worked great, and we had a wonderful time. Thanks Richard! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and the grounds.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ripstardu...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Casual serenity at Piece o Heaven!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place in DR where we could completely unwind and relax. After much searching, we came upon this property and thought that it looked like the one! And, thankfully, it was everything we were looking for and then some!

The experience at Piece o Heaven begins and ends with the amazing hospitality of the homeowner (Richard), his wife (Ana), and their 'house manager" Bambu, who all went out of their way to ensure that we were treated like royalty. Richard checked in daily to see that we were tended to and to provide his guidance around any excursions that we were considering. He recommended some great beaches, restaurants and a couple of other excursion, all of which exceeded our expectations! Ana gave us an impromptu lesson on cooking plantains and was gracious enough to shop for and prepare a complete meal for us on a night of our choosing. Bambu helped out by picking up some food and other necessities for us at the store, completing a little house maintenance here and there, and even sliced open a couple of fresh coconuts, which we enjoyed sipping in the pool! Everyone was so warm and helpful, while also not being overbearing. If you want to be left along, they are happy to do that do, but are always there to help out when needed.

The house itself is great, surrounded by lush landscape and with a great open feel. As other reviews suggest, this is a very casual home with all of the basic comforts, but not designed to be a "five star villa." For my wife and I, we thought the casual feel, beautiful views and inviting pool were perfect! The town of Samana is quaint and the roads in the area were surprisingly good, making it easy for us to get out on days that we wanted to explore some of the excursions that Richard had suggested. It was so wonderful having him to provide suggestions and we were never let down!

There are a couple of things about Samama and this property in particular that would be helpful to know. First, the utilities in the town are very unreliable, in particular the electricity that turns off/on every 4-6 hours. Richard has planned around this and has several back-up options available, which is important, especially as it related to air conditioning. The bedrooms have A/C, but not the rest of the house, which is supported by an open air layout and several floor fans. When the city power goes out, most things will still run on Richard's back-up batteries, but not the A/C, so you'll either be relying on fans at that point, or you'll want to ask Richard to power up his generator. This takes a little getting used to, but again Richard does everything he can to accommodate.

The other thing to be aware of is the bugs. My wife and I were both eaten up pretty good by the bugs, which can put a damper on things. A good bug spray or lotion is an absolutely MUST, and if you apply it daily, you should be okay.

But, all in all, this was a great trip and we'd definitely return! Again, Richard and his "family" made it a wonderful experience and we are very grateful to them!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality of our hosts
Liked least: Bugs and inconsistent power supply
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Sep 6, 2012
THE 7 kilo diesel generator, remotely located for noise abbation, will power all the air conditioners, and is always available, if/ when city power is not. However, in the months of November, through March,
it is much more probable, that guests request an extra blanket, rather
then the generator for air conditioning, if/ when city power is off.
To elaborate a bit on the bugs, the only bieting bugs in the area are mosquitos. and also they are never in swarms, they do appear,
mostly at dusk. Thus it is certanly advisable to apply repelant, at this time of day. As for sleeping, the bedrooms are all screened, and
insecticide is supplied/avail.. Thus a bit of spray, and closing the door,
a little time prior to retiering, will insure a bite free night. As evidensed by previous reviews, including the bad one from " Chad the Traveler", bugs/mosquitos, has not been a previously mentioned issue.
Smithfield NC
Reviewed August 31, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing