“The best ATV Tour ever!!”
Review of Tauro Tours

Tauro Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TAURO Tours & Excursions : Best Tours and Excursions all over Samana Peninsula and Samana Bay. ATV Adventure Tour, Zipline Tour, Playa Rincon Tour, Los Haitises National Park Tour, Whale Watching Tour, Cascada El Limon Waterfall Tour in Samana Dominican Republic and much more !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
nj
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The best ATV Tour ever!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Melvin and staff do an amazing job of catering the tour to your riding experience.
My son and I were experienced riders, so he customized our tour, and it was
absolutely amazing, beach trail riding, back roads, muddy roads, you name it.

1 Thank gmalz

Newmarket, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Vacation”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Our family of four just returned from a week-long trip to Samana. As always, we did our research online in advance of our annual Caribbean vacation. The resorts offer lots of excursions and the benefit of booking the excursions through the resorts is that there is a lower risk of encountering disappointments and rip-offs because the excursion operators have been checked out. However, the excursions recommended by the resorts also tend to be more expensive than some of the non-recommended, competing excursions. As to why that is the case, I suspect it's because everyone who gets involved wants and is entitled to a little piece of the revenue pie.

Tauro Tours (http://taurotours-excursionsamana.com/) has proven to us once again that with a little research it's possible to have a truly outstanding excursion experience at a lower price than what is offered through the resorts.

We were picked up from our hotel on time in a clean, modern, air-conditioned van for a 50-minute trip to our destination - an ATV ride to Playa Fronton, a beautiful beach without any resorts or residences. Upon arriving, we were immediately directed to the ATVs which were sparkling clean and lined up and ready to go, with helmets on the seats. Seeing these helmets was a welcome relief because along the way while in the van, not one of the many locals we saw driving motorcycles was wearing a helmet. The ATVs were fully automatic so no gearshifting was required. A safety briefing and a how-to session was provided before each driver was required to demonstrate that they could competently drive (and stop) the ATV in a few loops around a small circle route. This was useful as there was a couple from the UK that had also booked this excursion who, like my wife, had no previous experience driving an ATV. My 9-year-old son rode as a passenger behind Melvin, the owner of Tauro Tours, followed by the UK couple, then my wife driving solo, and last, my 13-year-old daughter and I. Two assistants followed us on a dirt bike to ensure that none of us were having any problems.

Once underway, we went from paved roads to muddy cart tracks and up and down some large hills offering beautiful vista views and passing through some remote village areas. From our previous experience with excursions to the Dominican Republic, we brought along some wrapped candies and pencils which we passed out to the many appreciative children that ran out of their homes to get a glimpse of the tourists passing by. This allowed our own two children to witness how others their age are so eager and grateful to receive simple items which most kids in Canada take for granted.

Along the way, we stopped for a break at a home owned by one of Melvin's family members where we received an informal tour of the surrounding area, led by Melvin. He explained the ways in which the local Dominican produce - cocoa, pineapple, coffee beans, payaya, bananas/plantain, sugar cane - was cultivated and used. This was followed by a tasting session.

Arriving at the Playa Fronton, we were able to swim at two different locations separated by a short ATV ride, each for about a 1/2 hour. The wind was whipping up creating some significant waves that my kids and I loved. Beach lounges were there in case anyone just wanted to relax. Washrooms were also available. At the second beach location, we were also able to swim in a cool, freshwater river that emptied out into the ocean. Cold drinks - non-alcoholic - were provided by Tauro Tours from a cooler that was strapped to one of the ATVs. An hour at Playa Fronton was just barely enough and we regretted having to leave.

The ATV ride back to the van occasionally required us to share the narrow path with some cattle which were completely unfazed by our machines. Much too soon, the ride was over and it was time to get back into the van for the drive back to the resort.

The service was great. The people were friendly. The equipment worked as it was supposed to. The scenery was beautiful and overall we were completely satisfied. We received good value for the money we paid.

So, for anyone considering an ATV tour or ANY excursion around Samana or the broader northeastern region of the Dominican Republic, we HIGHLY recommend Tauro's ATV Tour and based upon the excellent experience we enjoyed we will certainly use Tauro for any future excursions - including whale watching - when visiting the DR again.

2 Thank GottaGetAway6210
Weatherford, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great family fun. Great service.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Last week we were in Samana with the Explorer of the Seas cruise ship. Our family of four (two boys ages 16 and 14) had a very fun time. We were the only ones on the tour so it was nice and small. The ATVs are brand new and very easy to drive. It was a blast!

Melvin is very friendly and you can tell he is a good Christian man. His service was excellent. We felt very safe the whole time.

I would definitely recommend it for a cruise or other excursion.

Visited November 2013
Niantic, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Great Reviews Are True!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife, 17 year old son, and I just got back home from our cruise out of New York. I had to share the highlight of our trip so others can feel confident that Tauro Tours is your best ATV excursion choice when visiting Samana in the Dominican Republic. Melvin, one of the owners, led our tour and he was fantastic. We had so many questions about this incredibly beautiful area and Melvin was happy to tell us all about it. He went out of his way to make us feel like his personal guests. I've been wanting to visit Samana for many years and this was everything I had hoped it would be for me and my family.

We were so excited to start our day in Samana that we left our payment on board the Norwegian Gem. When my wife realized our error half way through our excursion we told Melvin and he was so easy going and kind, and patient, about waiting for one of us to go back to the ship and come back with the money. While we waited for the money, he and his driver took us to the center of town and even bought us a pineapple to share on the ride back to the dock.

We now have a friend in Samana and know that Melvin can help us with many other vacation plans, not just ATVs. He has many connections and our next visit to Samana will be to stay for at least a week. We will make sure that Melvin is very involved in helping us with our plans.

Don't let the cruise line discourage you from booking this tour directly with Tauro Tours at http://taurotours-excursionsamana.com - It was less expensive too!

YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

God Bless you and your family Melvin.

From your new friends in Connecticut, U.S.A., Eric, Michele and Nick. HOLA!!

2 Thank CTEric2013
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ATV ADVENTURE”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just got back from a fabulous cruise on the NCL GEM and prebooked with Melvin for the ATV adventure. We didn't think we were going to be able to do it because he had previously rented his fleet of ATV's, but Melvin went above and beyond and was able to get two ATV's and make this a wonderful trip for my whole family.

Yes- it was only us on the tour, but Melvin and his staff went out of the way to make this a great trip. My kids are still talking about the fresh water river, and Rincon beach, not to mention the great fruits and welcome we got from the farm family's house we stopped at. Can't wait to get back to Samana and take the trip again with freinds. Keep in touch Melvin.

-Your Maine family