“Good location in desperate need of a revamp”

Leyte Park Resort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice views but the whole resort is need of a serious make over if they want to attract more guests in the future, beds where really bad and aircon did not cool the room at all. Surroundings are nice and a couple of good restaurants and bars where in close proximity.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CyberDries
There are newer reviews for Leyte Park Resort Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is old and run down. We had no hot water even after complaining several times, The food in the restaurant was terrible and I got a severe case of food poisioning there. Never been so sick in my life! Has to be the very worst place to stay in Tacloban City, Avoid at ALL costs!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank fouraces55337
Reviewed August 12, 2013

People seem to forget that the Filipino countryside is more third than Manila. People seem to base their expectations on that city. I found this hotel years ago and it was fun and worth the cost. The staff was cordial and helpful. I like Tacloban and the area surrounded it. Yes it does need some paint and sprucing up a bit but it is what it is. I will go back again.

Room Tip: Near the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel has definitely seen better days. I stayed overnight in a twin room. The hallway had a funky smell, the beds were lumpy and lopsided, the room was not well cleaned in corners that most people don't look at and there was a cockroach when we arrived. But, a big but, the property is wonderful with great sea views, extra spacious rooms and a great location. Staff is not well trained but as long as you don't expect much in terms of service, it really doesn't matter. Would I stay here again? Well, only if it is my best option in terms of convenience. I would rate this as tolerable.

Room Tip: If you are a big group, take the cottages close to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mchs1974
Reviewed June 2, 2013

yes the resort does need a make over but for location you cant beat it..it isn't a 5star resort but if you want 5star go to the oriental and pay the big price..we think the leyte park resort is great.3 places to eat .the seafood place on the wharf is nice.fiesta nights are great.linda the local singer in great...for tacloban you really cant beat leyte park for a week stay value for money.you could do a lot worse!!!!

Room Tip: we have stayed on the same floor as the lobby and in the villas/tip the hot water takes a while so b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We did have an excellent enjoyable 3days stay at this Hotel, where we choose a pool villa. Service and accommodation was second to none. Spacious, clean areas, fresh bed & linens, food, food, yummy food, & staff were all friendly and service with a smile. Besides the scenery that provide us tranquility & peace, its just perfect for our group activities & sharing. . . specially besides the pool.. . . Personally I would not hesitate to recommend this place to all my friends & family. . A special shout & salute to Agnes, your help & assistance is greatly appreciated by all of us. . . Mabuhay kayo mga Staff ng Leyte Park Hotel . . .sa ulitin. . Ofelia Molero in behalf of the CATALYZERS '73

Room Tip: choose a pool villa
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catalyzers73
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friend suggested this hotel. We had a great stay, though changed from the first room we had and opted for a villa. It was spacious, clean and the aircon worked just fine. We had clean towels and hot water. The bed was comfortable and the staff was all very helpful and friendly.

Judging from what others have said more recently, it seems that things have deteriorated since my visit. That's such a shame because I loved it there. The pool was clean and many times we had it all to ourselves. I did not witness some of the dreadful experiences others have since had with the staff.

The San Pedro bar next door was wonderful, and the restaurant at the end of the pier had outstanding food! I loved everything we ate there. (Awesome sinigang and bullalo!)

While this review is dated, I just wanted to say that during the time I was there it was an excellent choice. So sad to learn that it has not been maintained.

Room Tip: If you do get a bad room, don't hesitate to ask to be relocated. Ask to see the room before payi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple