“First and last...I agree”

Leyte Park Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The price for a couple (single queen size bed) was PHP1,700 with breakfast, that was fine.
Room has fantastic view over the bay and the new yellow roofs of the cottages below looks great. The reception people were very friendly and accomodating.
The room are huge for a standard with balcony. The facilities were okey.
However, the bathroom needs a lot of renovation, the bathtub looks like it just got hit by a bomb. The linens were torn and dirty white. The room smell dumpy. Aircon we did not need as it is cool this time of the year, but it must be noisy.
Then came the worst experience of my life. We went to the pool, we were the only ones there. The boy and 2 girls of food and beverage were all sleeping and the stupid music was set on full volume. We tried to lower it ourself, but they woke up. We politely requested them to put it lower. The Girl just looked at me stupidly and did not move an inch. I told her if the music was for them or for the guests. I went to look for the manager but had to look for a towel first. No towel. So, I went back to get my clothes and the music was off, but as soon as she saw me, she put it on full volume again...what a stupid GIRL. I had to complain to the manager and they had to apoligize. This really gave us a very bad impression of the hotel.
By the way, the pool was very dirty!

Room Tip: 3rd floor on the left
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank maritesthetraveller

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My girlfriend an myself stayed for 1 night.The view was great and thats all i can say about the place.If the owners spent sum money and renovated the place it would be great.I have stayed at the asia stars and the hotel alejandro and would recomend them had no trouble the places were clean an food good.

Room Tip: May be the villas are better cant say but the rooms are rubbish
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marshy1955
Reviewed December 29, 2012

What a dump, the first and last time I stay here, I'm writing this at 5am as the hotel is full of drunk teenagers, who despite it clearly stating in the "Hotel Rules" have decided to bring all their mates at 2am to a room next to mine and carry on their party, two calls to the reception and a hated row with my neighbors and they are still going strong.

Let's start with the room, we first looked at a villa, it needed a good lick of paint to start with, the bath was cracked, the TV 20 plus years old, and the wall A/C had seen better days. So we opted for a room.

There was coffee and tea, but no milk or a kettle, we asked reception but they'd run out, but did offer to bring milk, there was no coat hangers, no iron available and the TV wasn't tuned in. The room smelled damp and this theme was continued with the bedding, there was only one towel per person, no bath mat, and the bathroom had signs of mould all over, the empty mini bar was noisy and rusty

I tried to have a shower, the water pressure was pathetic and there was no hot water. The room was cleanish but look dirty because of the poor unmaintained fixtures and decor.

To top it all off my other half nearly had a heart attack when a large rat was unhappy about being vacated from the balcony

There is no internet in the room and only accessible in the actual reception area, which is open air, so not only hot and sticky but you end up as dinner for the hundreds of mosquitoes that are attracted to your laptop screen.

We left the GO-Hotel in town to stay here, if you don’t mind staying in a room 8 by 8 foot it’s far better then this place, I’m sorry to say I’ve yet to find a reasonable hotel in Tacloban other than a sort of hotel / boarding house at the golf club which is another story

Room Tip: Avoid, unless you have kids, then it's out of town, and has a pool, chose rooms on the reception...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tunstall44
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were 13 people on a Medical Mission staying at the hotel for 5 days. Teh hotel looks great in pictures and it has the most beautiful view from the balconies. The staff is polite and helpful but the place needs a lot of maintenance and upgrading work done to be considered a 3 star hotel.
The shower water came out black and as i went to make a call to the front desk the phone was dead. i went to the front desk and ask for someone to check the water out and immediately was assigned a person who came with me; however the water was clear at that time but the shower handle was in my hand detached... the ceiling light came down and went out, the toilet handle fell down when used, as a result we were moved to a better room on the Lobby floor, which was much better just when i took out some cloth from the little drawer it all smelled like moth balls, I had to discard my food and wash everything that was in the drawer.
I was told that there is a developer looking to buy the property, i hope this will come true since the location and the potential is great.

Room Tip: The 300 rooms are much nicer, I did not see any villas or other rooms then in the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank gsinbar
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the pool villa. Very nice villa with your own pool with privacy. We also stayed at the terrace villa, a large'villa with a Billard table, a mini gym and a terrace.The hotel also has new entertainment Center with disCO bars and coffee SHOPS and restaurants with live bands

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank rhoelladera
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our room (room rate costs about P2,300 for 4 occupants) in the main building had the sea view... a great vista of the neighboring island of Samar. The view had me overlooking the bareness of the room. It would seem that the view is enough to compensate for the age that the room can show. For amenities, they have at least updated to flat screen & dvd, and the usual personal ref. You have to request the hot water for coffee/tea from the front desk. The electric kettle will be given sans cord so you'll have to use it immediately. Altho the room has 2 double beds, they only provided 2 towels so we had to borrow towels which cost use P50 each.
Breakfast buffet (P120) is worth it for the menu--rice, scrambled eggs, danggit or sausage or tocino or beef tapa, congee, assortment of fresh fruits, and bread, juice and coffee.
For dinner, you have PIER TRES OR BAR KO.... Night life? just a little further is Club 6500... I ' tasted the best margarita there at D' Coach.
I will definitely recommend this legendary place.

Room Tip: If you want the best view, you'd have to get the room in the main building with sea view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Babut_Bacena
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The view from the balcony of the hotel is so relaxing! The room that had a private pool is over looking the sea and a the bathroom is huge, Swimming in the pool and watching the sea is so satisfying and relaxing! The service is a bit slow but can be tolerated, the food is good and you can choose a variety of different Spanish, Filipino, and Chinese cuisine. One you can also choose to have lunch in the floating restaurant and order a mouth tasting seafood!

Room Tip: Overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends