“Never Again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed at Leyte Park three times. The first was because I saw their web sight and didn't know any better, the last two were because we were stuck in Tacloban and couldn't a room elsewhere. Leyte Park looks nice in the photographs but once you get past the front desk and to your room reality sets in. Nothing works. My last room had no towels so I tried to phone the front desk but the telephone didn't work. The lock on our sliding glass door to the outside was broken so the door couldn't be secured. The room was full of misquitoes, the water pipe to the toilet leaked all over the floor and the television was broken. Typical Leyte Park. On our first visit we were put into one of their newer duplex rooms. There were dead roaches under the sink, the stopper in the bathtub was a couple sizes too small so we couldn't take a bath because it wouldn't hold water, which was alright because there was never, in six days, any hot water. The front door didn't reach the bottom of the entry way so there was this gap of maybe an inch or more and we had all sorts of crawly things coming in. I finally had to plug the gap with a bath towel to keep the critters out. The mini-frig didn't work and we had a coffee pot to heat water in but we didn't have the heater unit that it plugged into. Every complaint or concern was met with smiles and nods but nothing, and I mean nothing, was every fixed. And oh, the dead roaches that were under the sink on day one, they were still there on day six. So much for cleaning the room. Bottom line is that Leyte Park should be a last ditch consideration. It's just a little bit better than sleeping in a parking lot.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rdmarts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
leyte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Ive had nothing but great times here, the price of the room is worth the view , i ask all americans where in the great USA you can get a room with this view for the money, i've stayed here many times and will again, staff is good, food ok, room is what you pay for ,I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank younggunn
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

while staying at the hotel the staff had recommended a resort called extreme. We had paid Leyte park hotel for three nights and then traveled 2 hours there to find out the resort was closed and had no staff. Our driver felt unsure for our safety to even drop us off there stay . We were told the property han been fully renovated and had great food better than the Leyte hotel.We had made many phone calls and text to leyte park and arrived back to the hotel 3 days later they had no resolve at all.. To this day I have never recieved a call or email for anyone from this company. I had even spoke with the manager from this property saying they would do follow up on this problem.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rob52024

Travelers are raving about these Tacloban hotels

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

The only good thing to say about this place is the view. Service was terrable, no wash cloths. Towles was so thin you could see through them. No bed spread on the beds. The first room I had the shower didn't work, they changed my room next door. the shower trinkled and it took 10 minits to get hot water. There was no fridge in the room, no water or snacks. The hotel could be beautiful, It needs good supervision. It's run by children. The food was medium. I'll never stay there again. If you decide to stay there, Be prepared to be really let down. It was really shocking.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank workingman10
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Forget that the elevator doesn't work or that the place hasn't had a face lift since it's inception in 1979.  Or that the uv rays and weather had taken a toll on the bamboo fixtures and the polyurethane coated coconut wood furniture has seen better days. Not to mention that mold has made its home everywhere it could. His demeanor reminds me of looking in a mirror to check for aging. You never see the slow changes.  You can look day after day and see the same person you looked at for all these years.  It takes time and before you know it, you're just there.  This hotel has made it to that status, it's just there. Rusty iron rails, burnt orange terracotta cottage roofs spotted black with mold and cracked terazzo floors aren't rustic or the norm.  And you could grow mushrooms on the ceiling in our bathrooms or comfort rooms as they're called here in this part of the world. (If the owner could see what I'm writing before I left here, I probably wouldn't). But I'm not making it up. Maybe I'm not seeing the total beauty while I'm here but I'm actually not complaining. I enjoy the a/c. I like the hot showers. The pool looks inviting. The WiFi is fast. The overall building is big an roomy.  Hallways are wide.  The afternoon buffet table is a welcome site.  Just buy some paint, hire and elevator company, sand and re-varnish the furniture and use a mold-proof paint in the bathrooms. Okay, and work on staff etiquette.  I believe I'm speaking for the general public as a whole.  P. S.  And work on the in house phone system, sounds like I'm taking across the sea thousands of miles away. Now add the fact there's a language barrier and you just spent 3 minutes asking for a roll of toilet paper. Oh yeah and you ask if I would recommend to a friend. I would have to say yes because I've stayed in much worse places in the Philippines. Would I stay in this place if it were in America? No! Really, really disappointed in the service. I've written almost an entire magazine on this place but won't bore you with it.

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank ireviewu2
antipolo city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

Been here last year and I shall say it's good for its price... We had a training workshop and hotel staff were accommodating to help out the crew...It's not your 4 or 5 star hotel but it sure is a breather for those who simply wants to enjoy a relaxed, slow-paced vacation...Good enough for those longing for a relaxed mode!

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank palangga
MELBOURNE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed in what they call an unrenovated room . So many bad things almost too many too mention. Price was more than shown on the internet. The bed went downhill on both sides and the bedclothes must have been the original ones . Hardly any power points worked . Bathroom was dirty and hot water didn't work. Holes in the wall. The food was ok but the service was unremarkable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple