“A budget hotel situated at the middle of Tacloban City.”
Review of Hotel Canelsa

Hotel Canelsa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Hotel Canelsa
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was on a work visit in Tacloban City and didn't realize that it was the week of the Fiesta. I had to look for accommodations for 3 nights. Our office would usually book us at Hotel Alejandro but it was fully booked on the dates that I'm traveling.

I had to scout for a hotel and ended up in this budget hotel. This is my second time in Tacloban and my first at Hotel D'Angelo.

Hotel D'Angelo is located at the middle of Tacloban City and almost all you need is just a walk away. Hotel D'Angelo, like any budget hotel is a budget hotel and that's it. Don't look for any other amenities aside from the bed in your room and the restroom with shower. It's also along a busy road and you might want to give up the scenic view for an room facing the building next door. Try to also get a room with an airconditioner that's not too noisy.

Although a bit old, Hotel D'Angelo have an elevator for those who would opt not to take the stairs.

Room Tip: As the hotel is along a busy road and you might want to give up the scenic view for an room facing t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TheBaldTraveller
There are newer reviews for Hotel Canelsa

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Was staying there one night and it's a OK hotel for a short stay, and since they are in the centre of the city it's easy to get around there and you have everything you need nearby.
The staff at the hotel are very nice and I have nothing to say about them. The only thing that was a little annoying was the traffic noise outside beside that I have a really good time there

So if you look for a hotel to a descent price I can recommend D' Anglo hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Oddis36
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We booked an executive room for the first night which was all good except for some road noise from below. Aircon was working well and bathroom very clean. Fridge in room too! Second night onwards booked a standard room on higher floor on other side of hotel which was excellent except no fridge so had to buy a bucket and ice from a nearby business to keep drinks cool. Again bathroom was quite clean with all amenities working, great aircon and hot water for a nice shower. The standard room is larger than executive but single beds (king singles) the only downside. Hotel room tariff was very good considering the clean and renovated rooms. Price was spot on for the quality and condition of the room. It's not the Hilton but it's definitely safe, and guard dowstairs. Location us also very good with lots of food options nearby.
Would stay again for sure. thanks
Free wifi also good connection speed.
Staff also were great in helping find ouw way around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on street side for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank shackdins
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The location of the hotel is very good, which is at the center of the city, where everything is walking distance only. It's near the pier,near Gaisano mall,near the van terminal,near jeepney ride to the airport.Easy access ot all kinds of transport in and out of the city.The staffs are very helpful too.The hotel is a 7 storey building with roofdeck where you can view the western part of the city. equipped of course with elevator.We were billeted at the 4th floor and it's overlooking the street below,very nice view.Room is spacious with TV and hot shower.It has an adjacent restaurant but the charging is separate from the hotel bill.We took our breakfast there and the food is ok.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gemr0ck
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We booked the Junior Suite. The room was small and spartan. Tacky bed cover (printed pink design good for a young girl's bedroom). No free water bottle. No free toiletries except two small bars of soap. The blanket given is good for one person alone. No extra pillows (only two were given).

We were required to surrender our key in the lobby whenever we go out, and that made me worried a bit.
Wifi was advertised to be available, but their internet connection was really lousy.

Generator available in case of brown outs.
Phone in the floor lobby kept ringing and you can hear it inside the room.
Hot shower is slow to heat up, but there is sufficient water.

Hotel Restaurant was closed on Sundays! And if you eat in the restaurant and asked them to charge it to the room, they will charge you additional 10%. If you pay for it directly after eating though, they will waive the 10% service charge.

The place was clean and accessible. If you are not picky, then you wouldn't mind staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Shandawanda
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I don't know if it had something to do with the renovation that was on-going when I stayed there, but my oh my, the toilet seat looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. I hope the renovations do the hotel good.

The shower had those knobs that was to difficult to use. The hot water wasn't steady.

There was an elevator, which is rare in small Philippine hotels, so I guess that's a plus.

I'm sure if given enough time, something I wasn't when I stayed in Tacloban, one can find a way better hotel out there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank yjgisaac
Reviewed December 1, 2010

it is okay place. cheap, good location, but a bit noisy. room service food was a little over priced but good if you dont want to go out. staff was good, place was clean, and other guest were good gihapon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple