“Good and to be better.”
Review of Hotel XYZ

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good hotel, standing proud after the typhoon. Considering what has occurred in Tacloban, its remarkable that this hotel exists. Rooms are modern and good. Elevator works and that's a blessing as I am always suspect of there abilities. Food good. Restaurant good. Staff very good. I happily recommend and I will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front, no noise. Fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kram18
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and able to appreciate the services extended by our hotel staff. We are very humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts. Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us.

We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

There are newer reviews for Hotel XYZ

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great for business travellers because of its amenities & location. The room was quite small but very comfortable, classy & complete. I loved the two memory pillows and the comfy bed. The room had an led tv, cable, ref & snacks. Wifi was also available & had decent speed. Bathroom was likewise complete, even had a comb & shaving kit.

Was a bit bothered by the noise from the wall mounted inverter air con at first, but it went away after a few minutes. The windows show some damage from Yolanda but it did not affect any part of the room.

For a couple of hundred pesos added to your room rate, you can have breakfast which was better than i expected in terms of food quality.

All in all, highly recommended. If you book near to your travel date, their website will tell you its fully booked. But you can ask your local office or contact to book for you in person, you may still get a room.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel has only just been opened and as the city rev covers from Yolanda, it is a surprise to get such a nice cozy hotel, clean with great pillows, a nice huge bathroom and overall very comfortable. The service is good and the food in the restaurant is also very good. I spent 2 nights here and I just loved the place. There was not much view from my room as the fire escape was just outside but then most of the hotels in Tacloban do not seem to have much of a view. However the cozy room made up for the lack of view. It is also centrally located so you can pretty much walk around the center of of the city

Room Tip: I think if you ask for rooms facing the front you would get a view of the street below. But do ask f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ladybeans

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and the experience was SUPERB! The room is very modern and clean. The bed is very comfortable. The memory pillow was the best! The staff was great! VERY NICE SERVICE! The hotel is in the heart of the city and very near to any establishments. The restaurant was probably the best restaurant in town. They serve American, Italian, filipino, Chinese and Thai cuisine. The food is really SUPERB! ITS VALUE FOR MONEY!

Why go far? Hotel Xyz is my second home in the east and my experiences here will stay with me forever...:)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Zionwoody88

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for your wonderful words about your recent stay here at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service. .

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was surprisingly good considering the recent disruptions from Typhoon Yolanda. The best things about it were the large bathrooms, the excellent airconditioning and the restaurant. The beds and pillows are just wonderful. The staff are very friendly and try harder than those in most hotels I have stayed in (European). The drawbacks of the hotel (no lift) are all minor as far as I am concerned. When you experience the fierce heat of the day it is a great relief to come back to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank davidlake
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for your wonderful words about your recent stay here at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service. Regarding your concern with the service elevator, I am very glad to inform you that it is now being fixed.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place must have been modelled on Fawlty Towers.

We checked in before some colleagues & jokingly said we'd take the best rooms - we were told all rooms were the same. Clearly this was not so as my room had a large pillar 6" from the foot of the bed which meant I had to go sideways to get from one side of the room to the other. We were given the wifi codes but were NOT told that the wifi hadn't worked since the previous day (it did come on later).

There were no fire evacuation instructions in the room. I went to check out the fire exit door - it did open but led on to a part of the hotel which was still being constructed and then to the fire escape. Whether or not this fire escape did go down as far as the ground I was unable to discover. As someone else has said, this hotel is still being constructed by the looks of things and I too suspect that this is the reason why the lift doesn't work. I was on the 6th floor which meant some good exercise, especially with my luggage (although we were lucky in that someone did carry our luggage up to the room).

There is a fridge in the room but this has a glass door with a light inside so that I had to cover it with a towel at night. Bathroom was good.

Restaurant was reasonably ok although quite chaotic on our first evening - dishes were on, then they were off, then they were on again. Breakfast was poor as I don't eat meat - I requested something in lieu of the bacon which came with the eggs (eg hash browns, tomatoes etc) but there was nothing available. I requested a glass of water to take my malaria pill but had to purchase a bottle of water. There was no fruit juice although there was some very good mango which bizarrely came on the same plate as the egg & toast. Breakfast came with coffee included but when I asked for a second cup, this had to be paid for additionally! I said that I'd never before had breakfast in a hotel where I had to pay for a second cup of coffee; "Well that's the way we do it here" I was told.

I was working in my room for most of one of the days (continually having to go crab-wise between the bed and the pillar) and decided to go down to the cafe at lunch time for a sandwich; "No sandwiches until 2pm" I was told.

Compared with other hotels I've stayed in in the Philippines where service is really excellent, this place was dreadful

Room Tip: Try to get one on as low a floor as possible; not just because there's no lift but also from a s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Voigt
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It is a small nice hotel in downtown Tacloban. I stayed here for a night. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was relatively big considering how small the room was and the amenities were okay. You can really tell that they're trying to be hip and modern. Even the bathroom mirror was cool! Their wifi was okay.

The cake I had at Illy was great and the prices were reasonable. I had breakfast at Q Kitchen. I was hoping to eat something else but I was only given the breakfast menu so it was okay.

There were a few quirks which were understandable since they're still trying to recover from the typhoon.

The elevator was still not working. It wasn't really a long walk going to my room in the 4th floor anyway so this wasn't a big issue.

The cable was not working so I had no tv during my stay, or maybe I just didn't know how to use the remote. I don't watch a lot of tv anyway.

There were bugs on the table when I had breakfast. These were not the gross type of bugs but I'm hoping they could manage them better next time.

The view from my window was not nice. The small space between the window and the wall was full of trash, but again this was understandable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ferdinand L

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for your wonderful words about your recent stay here at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service. Regarding your concern with our breakfast, I am very glad to inform you that we were able to revised our breakfast menu for more options and breakfast cravings. The service elevator is already fixed. And lastly please be informed that we are doing fumigation at least a month to get rid of the bugs.