“Zpad taclo is a very bad deal, I spent 20 thousand pesos for a week and the room smelled terrible”
Review of Z Pad Residences

Z Pad Residences
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
heretown
Reviewed November 23, 2013

the drainage was the problem. the whole place smelled like a dead rat. i booked and paid ahead so i could not get my money back or any better or comparable room switch. when they offered to switch me , it was to a much smaller room and the bathroom was way too small. even for my small Filipina wife.
they said they were going to fix the problem , so we switched to the small room for the night, and maintenance never did arrive to fix the problem, so we switched back to the smelly room. it was the only choice we had.

I spent 20 thousand pesos for a week there, and of course I would never go back, unless they gave me a free stay to make up for this terrible room. about I have done much better last time in Tacloban. The ZPAD is a bad deal all around, and the Manager never came to address my complaint, the only people I could talk to , were the staff, that were to young and just didnt know much about customer service or value for money

20,000 pesos for a smelly room is the worst deal I have had in the Philippines, and I have been here for 16 years and have traveled all over, Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao

Like I said, the Manager could have made it right, by offering me a discount, fixing the problem, or finding me a decent room. I am pretty sure that would have happened where I'm from. The good ol USA!

Anyway, God Bless the People of Tacloban. I made my donation to help the hurricane survivors and we are going back on monday to help out in the City of Tacloban. I dont know where we will stay, but I would rather camp outside and pitch a tent then pay 20 thousand to ZPAD again. I can find some fresh air under the stars

Thanks for reading, Disgruntled Zpad customer

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chubs H
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, June 2, 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. However, I felt very sorry upon reading your concerns. I truly understand your disappointments and as much as I want to talk to you to discuss this matter, regrettably I didn't have any chance, with this, I am really sorry. I already investigated this matter and told my staff that whatever concerns/problems that our guests might be discussed, it should always be escalated to me immediately so I can address it better. To discuss it further, your concern is one of our major problems before, this is because of the drainage system which is one of the common problems of the city. But I am really glad to inform you that we were able to fix this problem already.

These kind of comments are very important to us. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. We are hoping that this doesn't stop you from visiting and staying with us again. I am really certain that you'll have a great stay with us this time. Should you need to discuss this further, I a more willing to assist you. Just send your concerns to my e-mail address at jerick.florano@zpad.com.ph

We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.
On behalf of the management, we are very sorry and we are looking forward in welcoming you again!

Hospitably yours,

Jerick M. Florano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I would never regret choosing Zpad over GoHotels.. I know that the room is quite small but everything else is big!! Big in service, cleanliness, in value!!

All of their staff are friendly, superb sleeping experience and the place is so clean.. The location is an advantage for me since it's not n the main road so the area is quiet.. People in Tacloban are friendly so no issue with security..

I won't think twice staying there again if ever I'll be in Tacloban again!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank ZaiSacs
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, November 5, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. We are Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your high rating to most of our facilities, amenities and services.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ultra modern. Rooms are in clusters and have common areas. Really good for the young to interact. Since the shared space is large, the actual rooms were sacrificed. You'll have a stiff neck to watch the tv in you room and will have to squeeze yourself to get to your own bath. Be warned, if you're claustrophobic. It's ver clean though.

Location is a problem unloke other hotels where shops and reataurants are only a stone's throw away. General service is good but requests for specific things is challenging.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank VincentRapisura

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. I felt sorry for what you've experienced but most probably you're staying in a ZPad Mini or ZPad Single which we usually offer to most of our backpack travelers and for an overnight stay only since this room is a bit smaller than our ZPad Queen/Twin which I will personally recommend it to you on your next stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a bit like an up-market student hostel. A common Kitchen and Sitting room with 4 separate rooms. However, they are on a soft opening and the communal kitchen isn't actually ready to cook in.
Very well appointed.
A bit out of the way - and only by chance bumping into the staff in town was I able to find it. It is by the Bethany Hospital, so ask for that. [I went past it on my way to Tacloban, from the airport.] There's not much around it, Jollibee a church and some Sari Sari. Bars and such are in town.
I wouldn't go especially to Tacloban again. But if I was there I would certainly use this hotel. Even though it is away from the centre.
You can get Jeepney from the airport and get off at the hospital. I found that by accident, Tacloban airport doesn't have an ATM - as I arrived without cash unable to get a taxi and I had to go into the town on a Jeepney to find a cash machine. So beware.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same However, a tip about getting there,Tacloban airport doesn't have an ATM...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jamesguest2016
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Regarding your concern in allowing our guests to cook in the common kitchenette, please be advised that we certainly do not allow such, since we don't have the facilities for cooking and the sole purpose of the kitchenette is for the convenience of our guests if in any case they want to use the facilities for dining, however our room service can accept reheating and storing of perishable goods to our fridge.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I specifically made an account on TripAdvisor to make a review of this hotel to reach the management:

The pros:
- It's new. All furnishings are new. Very modern
- Very clean
- Accommodating staff
- Very cheap!
- Flatscreen TV!

The cons:
- Very slow WIFI. To think that the hotel caters more than 40 rooms you would think that WIFI would be a lot faster. I clocked in at 0.10Mbps to 0.60Mbps on speedtest. Very horrible.
- No water dispenser. But they have a 250mL free bottled water ready at your room. Although, of course this ain't enough
- Very small. Well the Zpad Mini where I'm staying is very small. Not even enough room to lay down my baggage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. With regards to your concern to our WIFI, certainly, we are improving our system and replacing it with a faster speed connection which can accommodate most of our guests for an enjoyable and productive browsing. Also, please be informed that we don't have a water dispenser unit inside the room since there is a complimentary bottled water for your convenience but in any case you need more, you can request for filtered water which is our service water to be given by our room service peers. And lastly, our Z Pad Mini is intended for a backpacker or solo travelers who will stay for an overnight only. But if our guests would like to have a bigger room we can still offer our Z Pad Queen/twin which is also an affordable one.

We highly appreciated that you gave us good ratings in the hotel cleanliness and service.Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.

Hong Kong
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Zpad Residences is located next to the Bethany Hospital and Jollibee Tacloban Bethany Branch. Getting to the hotel from the airport cost PHP13 on a jeepney bound for Imelda or Downtown. There is no need to take a PHP300 taxi or van.

Check in is fast and straight forward at the small air-conditioned front office. Guests with cars will have guarded parking in the hotel compound. Wifi is strong and fast. The hotel is a modern three level building with open walkways and large staircases. Rooms have peculiar room numbers. I got a Zpad single which was room 203-3. This meant that once I entered the first door of 203, I had a large shared living room and dining room with occupants of 203-1 and 203-2. The bedroom and toilet/shower of each sub-unit were accessed through a second door. This was a unique and very innovative design. People travelling in groups would really benefit from this extra semi-private living space.

The current prices of Zpad give excellent value for money. Zpad mini goes for only PHP950, while the Zpad single for a few hundred pesos more. I hope they can maintain the prices and the quality of the hotel at the same time.

The hotel is next to Jollibee. Sari-sari stores open almost the whole day, to serve the needs of the Bethany Hospital.

The extravagant Sto Nino Shrine built in the 1980s by First Lady Imelda Marcos is walking distance from the hotel. Downtown is a very short jeepney ride away.

I would definitely go back to Zpad if I were to return to Tacloban. Hopefully by then, they would have constructed a stand alone bathroom for guests who just checked out to use. I checked out at 12 noon, but my flight was not until 5pm so I asked in advance if I could use a shower for 15 minutes at around 3pm to bathe after a sweaty walk around downtown. When I needed it at 3pm, they said all the rooms were already cleaned and the best they could offer me was the public toilet in the parking lot. This only had a sink and a toilet bowl. No thanks. Went to my flight in sweaty clothes. No joy in that.

Room Tip: Solo travellers can take either the Zpad mini or Zpad solo. There is only a minor difference in floo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Capt Mark O

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. We are Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your rating to most of our facilities, amenities and services. Please be advised as well that we are granting late check-out for free if the hotel is not in full house or if there will be an available room that we can extend for late check-out.

Sydney
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The bedrooms are separate from a common area. They are spacious and well appointed. The common area is where you would eat etc. Not a bad idea but the common areas are not air conditioned.There are overhead fans but they didn't work in the deluxe suite we stayed in. There are no fridges in any of the rooms. No coffee making facilities either.
The showers in the bedroom section leak into the toilet area. A friend stayed in the basic room and his shower leaked into the toilet area too. The wifi was ok. Room service was a joke. We wanted to order from a very limited menu. We were informed that nothing was available because house keeping didn't have any stock of food. I couldn't even get a coffee. We ordered breakfast for the following morning and the serving wouldn't have fed a mouse. Overall it wasn't a pleasant stay. The staff are not very friendly and I observed one urinating into the garden.

Room Tip: Apart from staying somewhere else, I would take my own food and drinks. There is no fridge in any of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. However upon reviewing your concerns, I promptly investigated all the issues that has been stated for me to be able to give you an accurate feedback/action. To discuss it further, regarding our common living area and kitchenette, please be informed that we didn't install an air conditioned unit for the mere reason of creating a "home type feeling" to most of our guests especially when you're in the living area which is more of the fresh air in the surroundings of the hotel. With regards to the electric kettle, please be advised that we do have an available electric kettle upon request even silverware or flatware, and for the shower area which is leaking to the toilet area, this is one thing we are trying to refurbish due to low floor elevation from the toilet to the bathroom area. Also for our room service, I sincerely apologize for the said concern, upon asking our room service peers they informed me that we don't have an available one ingredient by that time wherein we were able to inform most of our guests, but I know that there will be no excuse for this, which is why I did an action plan already for us not to repeat the same incident. And lastly, your concern regarding a "staff urinating at the garden area", we are all precise that nobody from the staff will do such since we have our toilet/washroom area for all our hotel peers, and for the our service, we made sure that we will be giving more training in customer service for us to render quality service to all our guests.