“Clean, Comfortable and Modern Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zpad Residences

Zpad Residences
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
Hong Kong
“Clean, Comfortable and Modern Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Zpad Residences is located next to the Bethany Hospital and Jollibee Tacloban Bethany Branch. Getting to the hotel from the airport cost PHP13 on a jeepney bound for Imelda or Downtown. There is no need to take a PHP300 taxi or van.

Check in is fast and straight forward at the small air-conditioned front office. Guests with cars will have guarded parking in the hotel compound. Wifi is strong and fast. The hotel is a modern three level building with open walkways and large staircases. Rooms have peculiar room numbers. I got a Zpad single which was room 203-3. This meant that once I entered the first door of 203, I had a large shared living room and dining room with occupants of 203-1 and 203-2. The bedroom and toilet/shower of each sub-unit were accessed through a second door. This was a unique and very innovative design. People travelling in groups would really benefit from this extra semi-private living space.

The current prices of Zpad give excellent value for money. Zpad mini goes for only PHP950, while the Zpad single for a few hundred pesos more. I hope they can maintain the prices and the quality of the hotel at the same time.

The hotel is next to Jollibee. Sari-sari stores open almost the whole day, to serve the needs of the Bethany Hospital.

The extravagant Sto Nino Shrine built in the 1980s by First Lady Imelda Marcos is walking distance from the hotel. Downtown is a very short jeepney ride away.

I would definitely go back to Zpad if I were to return to Tacloban. Hopefully by then, they would have constructed a stand alone bathroom for guests who just checked out to use. I checked out at 12 noon, but my flight was not until 5pm so I asked in advance if I could use a shower for 15 minutes at around 3pm to bathe after a sweaty walk around downtown. When I needed it at 3pm, they said all the rooms were already cleaned and the best they could offer me was the public toilet in the parking lot. This only had a sink and a toilet bowl. No thanks. Went to my flight in sweaty clothes. No joy in that.

Room Tip: Solo travellers can take either the Zpad mini or Zpad solo. There is only a minor difference in floo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Capt Mark O
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Zpad Residences, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. We are Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your rating to most of our facilities, amenities and services. Please be advised as well that we are granting late check-out for free if the hotel is not in full house or if there will be an available room that we can extend for late check-out.

We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Jerick M. Florano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The bedrooms are separate from a common area. They are spacious and well appointed. The common area is where you would eat etc. Not a bad idea but the common areas are not air conditioned.There are overhead fans but they didn't work in the deluxe suite we stayed in. There are no fridges in any of the rooms. No coffee making facilities either.
The showers in the bedroom section leak into the toilet area. A friend stayed in the basic room and his shower leaked into the toilet area too. The wifi was ok. Room service was a joke. We wanted to order from a very limited menu. We were informed that nothing was available because house keeping didn't have any stock of food. I couldn't even get a coffee. We ordered breakfast for the following morning and the serving wouldn't have fed a mouse. Overall it wasn't a pleasant stay. The staff are not very friendly and I observed one urinating into the garden.

Room Tip: Apart from staying somewhere else, I would take my own food and drinks. There is no fridge in any of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. However upon reviewing your concerns, I promptly investigated all the issues that has been stated for me to be able to give you an accurate feedback/action. To discuss it further, regarding our common living area and kitchenette, please be informed that we didn't install an air conditioned unit for the mere reason of creating a "home type feeling" to most of our guests especially when you're in the living area which is more of the fresh air in the surroundings of the hotel. With regards to the electric kettle, please be advised that we do have an available electric kettle upon request even silverware or flatware, and for the shower area which is leaking to the toilet area, this is one thing we are trying to refurbish due to low floor elevation from the toilet to the bathroom area. Also for our room service, I sincerely apologize for the said concern, upon asking our room service peers they informed me that we don't have an available one ingredient by that time wherein we were able to inform most of our guests, but I know that there will be no excuse for this, which is why I did an action plan already for us not to repeat the same incident. And lastly, your concern regarding a "staff urinating at the garden area", we are all precise that nobody from the staff will do such since we have our toilet/washroom area for all our hotel peers, and for the our service, we made sure that we will be giving more training in customer service for us to render quality service to all our guests.

These kind of comments are very important to us. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.

Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

stayed there for 3 day had a good time bathroom very nice bed very comfortable wifi very strong the cleaning of room and asking for xtas no problem with a smile hard to beat for the price will stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Zpad Residences, responded to this review, August 9, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.

Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,928 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This bran new facility (2012) is conveniently located between the airport and downtown. I went for a business trip spending 3 days and 2 nights. I opted for the deluxe suite and was good, super clean, well furnished the dining and living areas separated from the bedroom. The only problem in terms of comfort in the room was the mattress, too soft at least for me.

They offer only breakfast (not included I n the rate) and has no restaurant (although you can order sandwich and some other snacks), so if you are not the fast food type like me, better to have lunch and diner before getting back to the hotel. They provide free transportation back and forth to the airport (at least was included in my rate), and staffs are very much accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: "be sure to be in groups as rooms are bigger in the deluxe suits"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank idrovoviva
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Zpad Residences, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Regarding your concern with our beds, please be informed that we are using memory foam mattress which is more comfortable and one of our top notched amenities that we want to give in all our valued guests. We also appreciated that you gave us a high rating in terms of cleanliness and service. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.

Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's a nice accommodation in Tacloban City. Not in the city center but it is very accessible by jeepney. It is a walking distance to a hospital and a popular fast food chain. I stayed in a single room and it was really nice. It was clean and comfortable. It has a common living room and it's also comfy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Glentoy

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Compared with other similarly priced accommodation in the area, Zpad offers the most bang for your bucks. The place is quite new though it does have the feel of being in an apartment rather than in a hotel. The room is clean and modern but a bit small.

It is just a little bit disconcerting that your room is within a room. Imagine a two or three bedroom condo unit where the bedrooms are being rented out. That is how my room was laid out. In fairness, I suppose it would really be great if you are in a group and each of you wanted your own individual bedroom but want shared living and dining rooms. In fact, I would recommend this to my colleagues who normally travel in teams.

No restaurant but they do have a cook on call. But Jollibee is just a stone throw away so this is not really a big issue. ATM machines are nearby (one in the Jolibee store and another across the road). It is not in the main road so noise from the traffic isn't that bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jansen_M_M
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Zpad Residences, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. . With regards to your concern, Z Pad Residences really offer this kind of accommodation; the “pad-type”. This is stated in our website. This kind of concept is new in Tacloban City and we are glad to offer such uniqueness to our local and foreign guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The place is nice, clean and safe. The rooms are small but very comfortable and cleaned well. It really is a nice, quiet, relaxing, cosy place. Unfortunately I feel ripped off by this hotel. I have been charged for a night that I changed; I arranged with the staff to bring a night forward by a couple of days and they confirmed there would be no charge to do this by cancelling the original night and creating a new reservation. My bookings were via booking.com so I had no receipt or bill to pay on check out in which to query or dispute. The charge appeared on my Credit Card. Ironically, I was back in Tacloban at the time of the original night and went to see if I could book in as an extra night, but it was fully booked ! So I was charged for a night despite being told I would not be and the hotel was fully booked on that night anyway. It's a good place but I feel let down by the staff and will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jerick Jao F, Manager at Zpad Residences, responded to this review, July 4, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. However, upon reading your comments I immediately asked the concerned persons who handled your inquiries/ concerns. And upon double checking, they informed me that they were able to give you the complete details on how to cancel your booking and its corresponding charges. And since you cancel a day prior your arrival instead of canceling it 3 days before or 72 hours, indeed, there will be charges for the cancellation which is stated on the booking policy of booking.com. With this regard, I'd like to apologized for such miscommunication and to help you further just feel free to contact the hotel to assist you with your concerns. Also, thank you for giving a good rate in cleanliness and ambiance. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards.