“5 star service at a 3 star price..!”
Review of Z Pad Residences

Z Pad Residences
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
Kansas City, Missouri
“5 star service at a 3 star price..!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

In Tacloban City,
if you're not staying at the Zpad Residences during your stay.
You're paying too much an not receiving by far thru my travels, the best service in the industry.
The rooms were astonishing with amenities. Surprisingly roomy with supremely comfortable beds.
Kudos to management for having associates who actually cared how people are treated.
I say five star service at a three star price.!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank juiceKC
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Jerick M. Florano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quezon City
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is one dec. that I did not regret – choosing Zpad Residences over Go Hotel.

I don’t think I need to mention the price diff. as one of the factors. The primary is the variable tariff of Go Hotel. Imagine my angst upon reaching the reception area, tired from my round-trip to & from Ormoc City last Jan. 23, 2013, when the receptionist informed me that single room tariff has increased for that day due to high occupancy – WTH is that kind of reasoning.
Left with no choice, I called Zpad residence @ 8 in the evening hoping I would be accommodated. Fortunately, there was one but a tad smaller than what I wanted – Zpad Single. I took a trike from Robinsons Tacloban all the way to Baptist Hospital (landmark given to me) then walked a short distance to reach my destination.

As soon as I entered the reception area, I was greeted by a smiling receptionist who took the next step in entertaining my inquiry by offering an alternative room – Zpad Queen. She allowed me to view both rooms so I could decide which is better. I ultimately chose Zpad mini since I was just going to use the room for just 18 hrs. before flying back to Manla.

The best word to describe the room is “cute”. The reason being, when you enter the door of your room what you will see is the Shower Room. To your right is the bedroom which is separated by a door. The architect of this place really knows how to maximize the area of each room.

The room is part of an “apartment” with three (3) rooms inside. There is a common living and dining room where you can partake of your meal (no free breakfast) which I find it useful so as not to litter my room.

The shower room is small for me with gray as the primary color of the tiles & the toiletries. Good choice if i may say as it exude "luxury". The heater for the shower is individually controlled with ample water supply complemented by free toiletries. The towel is thick enough to dry you & impeccably clean and white! What is odd is the location of the tissue holder which is at arms length when seated. Maybe, the owners felt it will be soaked in water when you take your shower.

The bedroom again is cramped but with all the necessities I wouldn’t expect – cabinet to hang your clothes and luggage & a pull out table in between the two which is useful to place my ipad + mobile phones & wallet. The bed is perfect for me as I slept soundly with the pillows just right for me – not too hard nor too fluffy. The LED TV is located at the foot of your bed with cable channels. What I really appreciated with Zpad Residences is the strong wifi connection in my room as I was able to watch movies in my Ipad with minimal buffering.

I will be back soon as I enjoyed my Zestful stay in Zpad Residences.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Tacloban, Philippines
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Undoubtedly, this is the best hotel in Tacloban. The service was great! The rooms were not disappointing. The only downside I guess is the location. While it is near downtown area and few minutes away from the airport, I would say the path going to the main road is quite dangerous especially when it gets dark. You get weird stares from by standers. My suggestion for the administration is to coordinate with local officials to assign at least a village guard (locally known as baranggay tanod).

PS: The Resident Manager was so accommodating and considerate. Good job! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank escaflownie
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban!

As to your concern regarding the village guard, our goal is the safety and security of our valued guests, which is why we already coordinated this concern to the village officials/officers in order to avoid such situation you've experienced and for the sole purpose of maintaining the peace and order of the place and the vicinity of the hotel.

Jerick F
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Tacloban is such an amazing place with a few good hotels to stay in.

In my last visit to Tacloban, i decided to stay in Zpad just because the price was not bad plus it's new.

I was not wrong. Zpad's rooms were stunning. The bed was fantastic and the pillows...oh you should try.

As Tacloban is just a small place, everything was just near Zpad thus leas hassle.

Will i go back and stay there? For sure anytime.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank crimsonloaf
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had my stay with this hotel, and so far...I got the worth of my stay here!!! They are the best in terms of service, cleanliness(since they just opened last Oct.25), and the WI-FI is very fast! Will definitely recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Pros: Very near to the airport, though "go hotels" is much nearer, but in terms of ameniti...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Timothy B

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at zpad residences in tacloban for a couple of days, my stay was amazing. The place was clean and very cozy and very well maintained. ! Definitely will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Krazyintsik84

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Was able to stay here for a couple of days and I truly had a great time. The free WiFi is a must for me in any hotel and they have it. My room was beautiful. I'm definitely going to stay in Zpad Residences again when I visit Tacloban this December. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank jcbaronhost

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences . We are always pleased to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of team. We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.