“Good location, doesnt break the bank, clean and friendly”
Review of Go Hotels Tacloban

Go Hotels Tacloban
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2-3 nights. Its built onto the Robinsons Mall complex so very handy for the shops and cinema, supermarket etc. Its a good base to go explore from.
The staff were friendly and the rooms clean but are on the small side and my suitcase lived on the floor, so more a place to sleep, get ready then go out rather than a sit in the room.

Remote control Aircon worked well and had a ok view out the window, but the main road outside can be busy at times so if that sort of thing annoys you would ask for an internal room or one at the back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard uk S

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this property in early August. I have to say that this is already the best hotel in Tacloban. I stayed at Hotel Alejandro before but it wasn't a very good experience as the hotel was old, the rooms were damp and the sheets used were not hotel quality.;

I shared the room at Go Hotel with an office mate and I have to say that it was quite cramped. We had to move one of the beds in order to be able to open the door. My office mate and I kept saying "excuse me" each time we had to walk over to the bathroom or get something from our luggage and in the end, we started laughing about it.

However, the room was clean, as was the bathroom, the sheets were clean and fresh-smelling, the tv was a flat-screen one and best of all, the air-conditioning worked quite well. I would have to say that those are enough, and I'm one happy camper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank QCMotherD
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Tiny room big enough for a bed and half a suitcase. No fridge or food allowed to be eaten in room. If they made the hallways smaller the could make the rooms much bigger. Aircon worked well. If you want a cheap place with no frills the go for it. If you want more the go elsewhere..

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brad M
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Pros: Cheap, clean rooms, nice personnel, Robinson's Place and accessible to a lot of places.

Cons: Room 275 where we stayed for 2 days does not have a lock on the window. I can open the room or even get inside through the window. NO HOT SHOWER! Smoking area is a bit hassle coz you have to go downstairs to the front lobby. Bed sheets were not washed well. LUOM is the best word and it was nauseating!

Don't get me wrong, I definitely will go back. I'm sure this was just an isolated issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Punanister
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms are excellent...good toilet and bathroom especially its very clean. The staff are very accommodated and kind. They ate very polite. The price is soooooo low that everybody of our friends are amazed. I recommended this to our friends and they were amazed also. Next time around we will again stay there during our next vacation. I hope other branches have the same services.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sonny G
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a one night stay here, we have used Go Hotels before but Tacloban seems to be bright and breezy. Conveniently located at Robinson s Mall Tacloban. Staff are friendly and helpful rooms are clean, we had a outside room looking onto the main road. Across the road there is a 24 hour shop offering food, coffee and booze, very cheap and good, not sure of the name maybe called Sisig! The Hotel has a car service to and from the airport for 160PHP per person but if you book online you can get it for 80PHP per person. Book early to get the best price, highly recommend for a good cheap stay, will stay here again..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David2469
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff is polite, friendly, and helpful.

Go Hotels Tacloban is marketed as a cheap no-frills hotel, but it doesn't really give a good value for your money. I checked in without any reservation (and hence, no Cebu Pacific-like promo), so I paid Php1,700+ for a room that should have only cost Php700 (price estimate based on hotels with similar size and amenities). With 1.7K, I expected more frills from this hotel. The hotel is so cheap, that they don't even have a complimentary bottled water and toothbrush (they're selling the travel kit instead).

I woke up at 3am because I was so thirsty. I went downstairs to find some water, but I was quite disappointed that the store was closed. I was forced to walk outside and find a sari-sari store that sells bottled water.

The WiFi signal inside the building is strong, but the Internet access itself is almost non-existent. I can't access a simple website like Facebook. They need to upgrade to a faster Internet plan and they should also change their passwords regularly. The password is so obvious, and I suspect that their neighbors is leeching off their WiFi at the expense of paying customers.

The amenities are OK, and the place is very clean. Location is excellent, as it's right beside Robinsons. My only problem (aside from the lack of 24/7 food service) is that the room isn't worth 1.7K.

Room Tip: Buy your toothbrush, soap, shampoo, and other essentials at Robinsons Mall. Transact through their w...