All reviews world war christmas season photo exhibit classic hotel place to stay book in advance executive suite history lobby headquarters ww2 rooftop facade tragedy gen television festival
Reviewed March 18, 2009

While agreeing with everyone else, I find it strange that no one has mentioned the pool on the roof that was finished while I was there. The roof top has a rather nice veiw of the city and a very nice pool. It's funny how people go to see something and don't really look around. The place has a very detailed photo history of various things that have happened going back to WWII. It took me a little effort but I finally talked the staff into selling me a carton of beer to take out with me, they insisted it would be cheaper elsewhere, But even thier high price was a lot cheaper than in my country hehe. I'll be going back soon

Date of stay: December 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sickem
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Hotel Alejandro must be the most charming Hotel in this side of town.The hotel facade tells one of History w/c adds charm to this Hotel.
It's surely not a 5-star hotel but the attentiveness & friendliness of the staff compensate for it.Besides the Rate is so reasonable, the food in the restaurant is also okey & the rooms are clean.
We surely enjoyed our stay excep,t for the old towels that they still use & hope the management notice that.
Generally, the Hotel is great & we will still come back next time.

Date of stay: January 2009
4  Thank MaryPhilippines
Reviewed December 28, 2008

During November 2008, my Filipina girlfriend and myself stayed twice in this hotel. First for 3 nights at the beginning of my stay, and again 3 nights near the end.
The first room we were in had somewhat older plumbing, but the staff was very helpful in showing a trick to use it. The room we had the second stay was simply perfect, a bit smaller, but recently renewed. Rooms were cleaned quite thoroughly, so nothing to complain about that either.
Food in the restaurant is the best we had in the town, staff there (cafe Teresa) also very friendly.
The hotel is situated on walking distance from shopping streets, but as everywhere in the Philippines, a tricycle can bring you where you want to be for almost nothing.
Before going back to Europe, we stayed in another hotel near Manila airport. Having been in the Alejandro... it was like from heaven to hell.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank polowonder
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Hotel Alejandro in in downtown Tacloban. Its a very clean hotel and staff is great. Front desk is very helpful and the cleaning crew is so attentive. Its not a 5 star but its propably the best hotel you can find in Tacloban. Prices are very reasonable and food at the restaurant is good and priced right. I recommend going to Ocho Ocho restaurant. They have great grilled fush and barbecue. Hope to come back soon.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LATRADER
Reviewed June 2, 2008

A little piece of history.
Parts of this hotel are like stepping back in time. Not because its old, but because its steeped in the history of WW2.
The staff were pleasant and helpful. The Hotel very clean and it was good to get a greeting from every member of the staff as you walked past.
If you are looking for a good standard of hotel, this is the place to go in Tacloban.

Date of stay: April 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Kram18