“Best hotel in Tacloban”
Review of Hotel Alejandro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Hotel Alejandro
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for over a month in various rooms which were all comfortable. Previously some rooms had poor water pressure but they are fixing this. Staff are pleasant and friendly. Excellent little food shop in car park selling restaurant food at great rates. Hotel is always clean and beautifully decorated over the Christmas season. A pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the suites they are so spacious on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Paulette A

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked on their website and thru their email so when i get there i was told i did bot have a booking.. I was given an attitude stating no one replied to my reservation email and the website has never worked?! Oh really?!! Geez!! I was told to wait till there will be an available room... I went the hell out of there!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Siberianhuskies
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I just remembered to write a review in this hotel as I am used to do whenever I get to travel any place.

Considering the budget and the location,this must be a good choice.

We were here (me and husband) for 2 nights to see the Mac Arthur Park and the San Juanico Bridge right before Christmas of last year 2012.

This hotel did a remarkable decorations.Christmas lights were just nicely done. ( I wonder how much wasted electricity they have used up) .Well,it's christmas time and who cares.

We did our tour using a tricycle which was a big mistakes as it was a back breaking ride.We will not recommend the tricycle to do the San Juanico and other tourist destination but if you are in a tight budget and physically fit, you can do it.You can negotiate the driver as much Php200.00 for 5 hours.

We ate most of our meals here.It is 5 minutes ride to the down town but not much there either.

All the staff were polite.The room was clean and so as the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank safetyme
Reviewed April 9, 2013

To me Hotel Alejandro is one of the best place to stay in Tacloban. It is in the heart of the city, so it is very accessible by any mode of transpo that the city offers, and it is also walking distance from the church, plaza and other establishments. It also has a cafe which offers nice and affordable meals, and you can also try the cafes found just round the corner if you'll like. The rooms are clean an spacious and the hotel attendants are friendly, and are accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The place is old. Rate is a bit expensive. Staff are not that friendly. I'm sure you can find many other hotels better than this one. We even had an experience wherein we were placed in the smoking area because the restaurant was full.

Will not recommend this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank gbs09288
Reviewed March 25, 2013

NIGHTMARE!!!!My husband's necklace was stolen at room 402.We slept at around 10 am, woke up the next day, ordered breakfast at around 8 am. Waiter went to serve the food. After an hour.,after taking the shower my husband discovered his necklace is missing.He was sure he put it on the dining table beside the bed . We searched everywhere inside the room and in our belongings.We didn't find it!We called the front desk for assistance. The waiter from Cafe Teresa who brought the food showed up to the room. We were not satisfied. So went to the HR's office, we were not satisfied bec,. all they did was to body search and look into the locker. So went to the police to report the incidence.Because of this , were late for our flight had to rebook and pay 10,000.00 to cebu pacific so we can take the last flight. THERE IS A THIEF IN THAT HOTEL and he robbed us not only of the precious necklace, but our happiness and good memories. It was my first time in tacloban and it was a nightmare!!! I just there is still some good ness it their heart to find my husband's necklace and return it. !!

Room Tip: Beware of room 402 and all the rooms with fire exit behind it. We discovered that behind the double...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Soc S
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been traveling to Tacloban for almost four years now and wrote my first review of this hotel in 2009. As the years have passed, only good changes have taken place. First off - the water pressure in the showers is better! We stayed in two 4th floor rooms this time, and the pressure in both was excellent. Hot water is plentiful, and you get more than just a dribble now! Both rooms appeared freshly painted and the bathroom fixtures were definitely updated. They still don't have reliable WIFI in the rooms, one of the rooms had it and the other didn't. But if it doesn't work in your room, you just take your laptop or tablet to the lounge area on the first floor and you're in business. The restaurant has modern-style plates and plating of the food now, another noticable change.

They city itself continues to develop (traffic lights now!) and the Hotel Alejandro, while not losing it's Old World charm is continuing to develop too.

Room Tip: Room 412 had WIFI, room 417 did not but was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple