“Fantastic Value, Great People”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormoc
Davids Inn Ormoc City
Ranked #1 of 17 Ormoc B&B and Inns
Iligan, Philippines
“Fantastic Value, Great People”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed there from June 24th - July 8th. I have never had such a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly, always attentive, and ready to help. The food downstairs in the resto bar takes a little getting used to. Eggs taste different, but the value couldn't be matched anywhere.

If you're staying somewhere else, you're paying too much. I will go there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 8 at the top..I loved looking down and watching the people from the roof.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank armygruntjoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very clean, excellent staff, I paid 850 pesos for deluxe, and with breakfast for 2 included it makes the true cost around 700 pesos per night. The only problem is the low water pressure, but I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank David T
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I arrived in Ormoc City, Leyte at 8am on 26 February, after flying 28 hours from Washington, DC to Cebu with Korean Air, then by SuperCat Ferry from Cebu to Ormoc City. A friendly taxi driver took me to David's Inn.
I found David's Inn on TripAdvisor before heading there, and had read all the positive reviews. I add my vote to it's excellence, with one caveat. The room rate of 800 PhP nightly (about $20USD) is as good as you will find for any lesser room in the town.
I was dead tired. I tried to catch a few winks that morning, but the Inn is across the street from the local school with hundreds of shouting, laughing, NOISY children. Add to that the constant drone of tricycles and other road traffic, and I got little sleep until I took some mild meds (Benadryl makes me sleepy). I slept all afternoon, and after dark, it got much quieter.
I also heard that David had some rental properties and I was looking for a place to rent for the year. David had nothing at the time (all rented), but ended up helping me to find a beach house about 10km south in Barangay Danhug at a reasonable rent (9000PhP/$225USD) monthly.
He went above and beyond is even taking me in his personal vehicle and waiting for me while I made the lease arrangements.
Kudos to David, personally and thanks for your help. I want everybody to know the breakfast ham isn't that bad and the cook makes pretty decent eggs over-easy, with toast! He needs to learn how to crisp the bacon, though!
I just wish they get their website to work! It does show pics of the rooms, but ignore the stated rates!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank WVKayaker
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband likes this place. We stayed here for a week, and yes, we agree with the previews comments about the staff....they're polite and very efficient. We hope that will not change. We had one complaint though, the low water pressure in the bathroom. I hope that has been taken care of.

We will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Florence M
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

David`s Inn is excellent value for money.We booked in for a week, but enjoyed the friendliness and excellent service from all the staff, along with a comfortable room and very good meals,so much, we stayed on for one month.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Barry P
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our stay at the David'Inn was the best you could espect, even the cook went out of his way to please me (spaghetti with butter and cheese!!). The boys were very attentive, the place was immaculate clean and the girl at reception, Cathy, was just perfect. What else can I say? Well I can say I'll be there again, everytimes I'll be in Ormoc.
Eros Ballario,
Australia

Room Tip: Choose the biggest, is still the best value for your money
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank eros b
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stopped one night on way to Tacloban and was impressed with room and service over all. Room little small for a family but for one to two people ample. Meals were excellent and were well priced. Atmosphere down stairs was great as were ther local people at the bar. Over all a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Wayne P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormoc
Don Felipe Hotel
#1 of 20 in Tacloban
Hotel XYZ
Hotel XYZ
#2 of 20 in Tacloban

Been to Davids Inn Ormoc City? Share your experiences!