“Nice hotel but unfortunately the maintenance (all rooms ) are in need of a good renovations!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabin Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormoc
Sabin Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ormoc
bkk-thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

To Sabin Management & Staff,
Good hotel specially the pool but u need to do something about all your rooms as i noticed that they all need some upgrading. We stayed at 1 of your cottages opposite the pool...boring room ambience, no picture frame or some wall decorations, dull color of painting, bathroom was dark some other light bulbs not working, a lot of ants specially outside the front door. Roof was leaking when there's rain. No complimentary drinking water at least. Linens are old & been ripped. If u could pls do something quickly about these all so then it will be a good recommendation to others. Many thanks!
- Restaurant food was good
- Entertainment was good
- Staff service needs to improve as too slow
- Front dest staff needs to be more friendly & appealing
- Upgrade your front dest ambience & the lobby area

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank emanonBkk_thailand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
cebu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I agree with the other reviews about the front desk we had stayed before at the Sabin. Front desk ask to pay up front for the stay and the receptionist looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp. The waiter brought us some coffee to the room barged in with my partner in night attire then stood in the room waiting for payment i ask you.It is a nice location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CebuWorzel
Ludvika
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

This is a hard one. Can I honestly recommend the hotel? The grounds are very nice. The pool is nice and they are working on extending the beach area. Also, the food in the restaurant was good. They had a good halo-halo. Admittedly, that is the most that I can recommend.

The room was terrible. We had adjoining "deluxe" rooms with my parents and the rooms were dark, the bathroom shower did not seem particularly clean and there were ants all around the air conditioner. When we checked in, I noticed as the bellboy was opening our door that there were ants at the threshold. Upon opening the door, it was because there was a dead lizzard that was being fed upon. I asked him to get rid of it. He kicked it unceremoniously to the side. Now whilst yes, he did do what I had asked, it was his manner that I didn't care for.

My mother almost hurt herself due to a dripping drain tap in a dimly lit bathroom and she slipped. She had asked housekeeping to fix the lightining the night before and they had not done so properly.

Ormoc does not have many options in the way of hotels. We were really looking forward to staying at Sabins but I must say that I was very disappointed. We had dinner at Ormoc Villa on one of the evenings and I must say that I think we would have enjoyed our stay better there despite the lack of scenery.

They had a small internet cafe which allows you to check your e-mail. I believe it was 50 php an hour for usage which isn't horribly expensive.

If you are in Ormoc and want to swim then by all means, stay here, otherwise, be warned.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank FlipCanuckBrit
norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

New rooms are pretty good but yes front disk are very disappointing! Ive been in different hotels in cebu phil.. I was so happy by the way they treat their guests, approach you with a very friendly and pleasant smile, take good care of you like crystals and respond you as soon as possible as they could.. because of course they want their customers to comeback and will have a very nice and unforgettable stay. if the guests was happy with their stay then possible for them to recommend your hotel to their friends who are planning to visit your place! Then 3 mornings we had to request for a room service for 4 times for them to clean the room.. we started to call the front disk early morning, next was lunch time, next was 3pm then b4 dinner that was time when my wife went to their room service office! The location is nice the price is OK but the management should try to educate the staffs to be more service minded because they are dealing with customers and tourists as well that if you are thinking or want them to comeback one day. also the staffs should know that their guests should stay privately even if they are no longer staying at the hotel! it is not their rights to talked about their guests or share it to anybody about who and what had happened inside the establishment! One morning when we were at the lobby we heard the front disk ladies talking about their guests! i think management should try to change or improve with how the hotel and the people who is working their right now!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank anglesrreal

Travelers are raving about these Ormoc hotels

Northampton, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

How is it that Starbucks and McDonalds can train up their youthful employees to SMILE and engage the customer in some friendly banter whilst others involved in the hospitality sector fail miserably to deliver what is not exactly rocket science? After a rough crossing from Cebu in the Supercat ferry even a plastic smile would have been nice. But the hatchet faced lady behind the desk looked like she was auditioning for an Adams Family movie. Like so many other reviewers we were gven a frosty reception and a disapproving glance at my partner's admittedly short skirt. In fact the lady appeared to be supervising a new trainee and seemed oblivious to a rapidly growing queue as observation replaced participation as the priority of the day. Yes, you have guessed it ...our experience mirrored that of other writers here. The pool setting and the lobby area were simply beautiful and so atmospheric at night but the overall experience was flawed by the incompetence of the front desk and the failure of anyone to answer the room service extension for a whole morning. Full marks though to the quality and choice of food and to the waiter who manfully wielded a gigantic fan as he made futile attempts to fend off a plague of flies at breakfast. Would we go again? Bizzarely yes, because despite the faults it is a lovely place to stay, especially in one of the poolside villas that boast a bath tub. If only someone could introduce a unit on "giving the customer a good experience" into the company training manual.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nevroyan2004
Tasmania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

I have read the reviews from people not satsfied with the resort. Sabin is a great place to stay and once you get to know the staff, you will find them ameniable, very obliging and courteous. The initial 'aloofness', will disappear once they know you. Some guests however are very rude, arrogant and demanding....we saw this first hand whilst there, so the staff may have reacted accordingly.
We have developed some long term friendships with the staff there.
Please go there with no expectations, just an open mind and you willenjoy yourselves and the staff.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PleasedTasmania
VIC Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

I stayed with my friend there for 3 nights ,
As I read so many other reviews about the hotel , all I can say I agree.
I mean the place is good , got a good layout, it's a bit hidden but safe thanks to the armed guards in the front of the entrance.
To get there is easy by tricycle, but you have to be careful especially with the fares at night , they may rip you off due to "yeah the Kano can pay"
If you have no native helper they take it from you . on day you pay 20peso next time you pay triple.
Anyway arriving at the front desk to check in, we were NOT really greeted with a nice "hello good afternoon ,how can I help you ?" that made me feel like if i have to ask for permission to speak to the Lady behind the desk there.
I understand it's not Europe or Australia or America where you get that service but for me the first impression at any hotel I ever stayed marks the quality of service .
Does the guest have to ask for a simple hello and a smile .
Maybe a foreigner should be the manager or a trainer for the reception .
All other staff there was OK but not really that what you expect, in some areas too many staff i don't really know what they were doing.

Over all it's not really my responsibility to tell them how to run this place but i hope they'll read it and turn things around to make this place the best in ormoc.
I only would recommend this place if they do some changes there .
One more thing ,if they want a cash tip there they really should start fixing their manners up and look after the guest like a king

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KANOJOE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormoc
Ormoc Villa Hotel
#2 of 20 in Tacloban
Zpad Residences
Zpad Residences
#3 of 20 in Tacloban

Been to Sabin Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!