“Fantastic reception after 40 miles on bikes!”
Review of Domaine de Joreau

Domaine de Joreau
Ranked #1 of 1 Gennes B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived tired and hungary after a days cycling, Petra met us and explained our eating options. We decided to stay put and enjoy food cooked by her. We showered , sat in the garden, had two different locally brewed ales followed by a three course meal with wine! It certainly revived our sprits! We had a splendid breakfast before we resumed our journey down the Loire. We would recommend Petra's place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
Joreau, Owner at Domaine de Joreau, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you very much for this splendid review. I am well aware of the difficulties for cyclists to go out again after a full day on the bikes and try to prepare at least a simple meal. Sitting in the garden and relaxing in the sunset is well deserved and appreciated. Happy to read that you appreciated too.

There are newer reviews for Domaine de Joreau

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in August for 3 nights at this B&B. Very nice host, excellent breakfast and the garden was just awesome. Also for our kids, playing football in the garden. Our host gave us good tips for restaurants, sight seeing etc.
The rooms are very spacious and clean.

Room Tip: have dinner in one of the "cave restaurants" along the Loire.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nietje3571

I was very pleased to welcoming you at our place with your family. Unfortunately I couldn't offer you the additional night you were asking for.
Our family apartment with almost 50 sqm is very appreciated by families with 2 children or more. Parents can relax in the garden while there children are laying football, jumping on the trampoline or feeding the donkeys. Thank you very much for having chosen Domaine de Joreau.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Domaine de Joreau is tucked away in woodland on the outskirts of Genne. It is convenient to a supermarket and very suitable to walkers and cyclists as well as tourists like ourselves.
The establishment is very clean and comfortable and the host speaks numerous languages very well. A very friendly environment exists and privacy is guaranteed. A very relaxed atmosphere in beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Our room was in an upstairs duplex with the bathroom on the ground floor. Plenty of space and endles...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for this excellent review. I felt very lucky to welcoming you. We had a very pleasant time together.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for a night during our month honeymoon in France- absolutely perfect!! We arrived on Easter Monday to find all the restaurants in town closed- our hosts very generously prepared a delicious meal with no fuss. Beautiful rooms and surrounds- this place is just brilliant!

• Stayed: March 2013
Joreau, Propriétaire at Domaine de Joreau, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this review. I am glad and proud to be one of the selected places you have kept in mind during your long trip through Europe. Whenever you find the time to come back to France I will be more than happy to welcome you again and to show you many special places to visit in the Loire Valley.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our second stay at this property. We were again warmly welcomed and Petra provided an excellent meal on our first night. The property is set in beautiful grounds, it is quiet, very relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable. It is also handy to Saumur and Angers and many other places within this region.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this property with many beautiful features to anyone seeking true comfort in a lovely part of France.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent, large, comfortable and overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benmark95
Joreau, Propriétaire at Domaine de Joreau, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We are delighted to see that your 3 nights stay this year has confirmed the overall impression of your 1 night stay 3 years ago. Thank you very much for having taken the time to recommend our place so warmly to future guests.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had booked a nights stay here on the return from a holiday in the Dordogne for oursleves and my 82 year old father, on Saturday 8th September. After a 6 hour drive, we arrived at 5pm to be told that we could NOT stay that night, as she had family staying.!!
I was SO incredulous at the fact that she reneged on our written agreement, and was understandably upset, as I was looking forward to staying in such pleasant surroundings, to round off a lovely holiday.
She had booked us into a nearby hotel, which was not of our choice,and furthermore, had passed on our details, without our knowledge, so we felt we had no alternative but to stay there!
I have never been treated so appallingly, in the many years that we have travelled through France, and consider our treatment very unproffessional and suggested she should have asked her family to stay at the hotel and not let down paying guests.
I suggest you find a alternative stay to ensure you actually are 'RECEIVED!'

Room Tip: Cannot rate the rooms as we were not permitted to stay!
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank caroline n
Joreau, Propriétaire at Domaine de Joreau, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Mrs N.,
I can fully understand your disappointment and anger about your booking at our B and B. I have made a mistake in accepting your booking and I feel very sorry for this.
When I became aware of this mistake, I contacted you via email approximately 12 days prior to your stay. As I received no answer within the next couple of days, I tried to join you on your mobile, where unfortunately I could only leave a message.
The 8th September was a very busy week-end in the Loire Valley and it was very difficult to find an alternative place for the 3 of you. All my B and B colleagues were fully booked and with no answer from you I booked 2 rooms in a very nearby hotel. My intention was to avoid any further long drive and to provide you with a very correct place to sleep and dine. All additional costs have been taken in charge and no confidential information has been passed on to the hotel.
If ever you want to give us a second chance, you are very welcome and I will do everything to prove that we do not act unprofessionally.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

A destination to die for. It's got it all. So good we don't want to tell anyone about it!

Room Tip: Any room is delightful
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gennes
La Longue Vue
Mercure Bords de Loire Saumur
Les Terrasses de Saumur
Les Terrasses de Saumur
#1 of 2 in Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Florent

Been to Domaine de Joreau? Share your experiences!