“Le Tasting Room...Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Tasting Room Wine - Day Tours

Le Tasting Room Wine - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Gennes
More attraction details
Owner description: 1-3 day Loire wine tours led by experienced English trade professionals. Discover the diversity of Loire valley wines, visit wineries and vineyards. All tours available as day trips from Paris.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Le Tasting Room...Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had the opportunity to spend time with Cathy and Nigel as part of my trip to France, using my newly appointed sommelier certificate. I'm a novice sommelier, but love to learn and try new regions/wines. I spent two days with Cathy and Nigel, and met some interesting people who were also on the tour from NZ and Australia. WE had lunch and a tasting at their lovely home, and then set out to the vineyards--off the beaten path! We were able to walk throught he vineyards, talk to owners, and just relax each day! It was one of the best travel experiences--very custom and personalized to what I was looking for as I wanted to learn about the wines of Loire Valley. I hope to someday go back and visit...maybe even harvest!?!?! Thanks for everything...

Chicago Amy

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Amy R

Grand Junction, Colorado
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“What More Could You Ask For!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Six of us from Colorado spent the entire day with Cathy and Nigel. We were a bit apprehensive about what to expect from the day since not everyone in our group had a knowledge of wine..... were we pleasantly surprised and totally impressed with the experience that Cathy and Nigel displayed. As a group, we spent two weeks touring France from Bordeaux to the Loire Valley and ending in Paris. The Le Tasting Room activity, was the one experience that everyone continued to talk about during and after the trip. Maybe it was Cathy's infectious sharing of knowledge or her culinary skills..... either way, she and Nigel are a fantastic team and love to share their combined knowledge in a fun and interactive setting.

The day started with an educational tasting of at least 6 different wines from the Loire Valley highlighting the distinct "terroir" of areas in the Loire. Cathy prepared a wonderful lunch in the setting of the cave where the remaining wine was finished off efficiently. After lunch, we all piled into a spacious van and visited a winery that they had previously selected. Amazingly, I think we sampled at least 9 different wines.......6 at the Le Tasting Room and 9 at the winery.....15 wines total....unheard of.

Needless to say, we were all very pleased with our day with Cathy and Nigel.

Visited September 2011
aurora
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a unique and fabulous exposure to the small family wineries of the loire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Cathy and Nigel were perfect hosts for our trip to the Loire Valley-they planned a special and truly unforgettable trip to a variety of estates and hosted us in their home for a very special meal we will always remember with great affection. We stayed at the very picturesque Town of Saumur at Le Patio Saumur and Romain was an amazing host-such an authentic setting amongst the medieval village and a perfect place to walk about and sit and have relaxing, delicious meals outside in squares while the world passed by. We were introduced to many, many wines over three days and Cathy and Nigel are your perfect hosts-thank you so much we had so much fun and learned a great deal!!!

Visited July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“A wonderful day with fabulous people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife, daughter and son in law spent a terrific day with Cathy and Nigel. From start to finish it was a truly wonderful experience. Even after we decided to sign up for the day I was not sure I wanted to do it. However, once I emailed Cathy and received such a positive and helpful response I began to change my mind. Then when we arrived and were greeted with warmth and kindness I was sure we had made a great decision.

I highly recommend this experience for a number of reasons. The first is for the information that we received regarding the Loire Valley wines. Further, we learned about wine and vineyards in general in a very non-threatening way. Although I feel fairly confident regarding my knowledge of wine and the processes involved in creating a truly exceptional wine, Cathy and Nigel were both so knowledgeable and shared the information so creatively, that I learned a great deal more than I expected to learn.

In short, if you have the time and the interest in learning more about the Loire Valley wines, I urge you to contact Cathy and Nigel. It is worth the trip.

Visited July 2011
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous place, really nice people and delicious wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

My fiancee and I organised a trip to France to pick up some wine for our wedding over the Easter break. We came across Le Tasting Room while searching around the internet for wine trips in the Loire Valley, and we were delighted with the experience. I got in touch with Cathy via email, saying that we planned to spend a three or four days in the area. Cathy organised for us to stay in a cottage nearby owned by a lady called Florence, who was very friendly. The cottage was unbelievably quaint and we got it for a really great rate.

Because we were spending a few days in the area, we agreed with Cathy and Nigel that we would spend two half days with them. On the first morning we arrived at their house, we got an introduction to wine production and we were given several wines, red, white and sparkling to taste. We decided which ones we would like to purchase for the wedding and we headed off in the afternoon to a boat festival on the river in nearby Le Thoureil which was great.

The following afternoon we returned to Cathy and Nigel's house where we had a delicious meal cooked by Cathy. We sampled the wines we had liked the day before with the food. That afternoon Nigel drove us all to the vineyard where we picked up all of the wine we needed for our wedding. It was both a successful and a memorable trip. We really enjoyed Cathy and Nigel's company and the area where they live is stunning.

We would love to return some day. Make sure you enquire about Florence's cottage if you go!
Aoife and Cathal, Ireland