“Great place to stay!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Marazul Paradise Beach House Sign
A lot to discover in this garden
Hi, I am a water feature.
real dolphins
Ceilings fans in 3 rooms
panoramic views from all the rooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Daniel_Wa...
Melbourne, Australia
“Other than the view, nothing excited”
Reviewed July 8, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We planned to arrive the house around 3PM (to follow the rule), but we pused out to 5PM, then we realized that the house is yet to be cleaned. We took the suggestion to go shopping and come back in 1 hour. Then after we've back from shopping it was all dark (6 PM in winter time with no lights around, you can guess how dark in could be). Then I have to find a tiny key-box somewhere. After 10 minutes struggling with some help by an Indian lady tel-support from booking.com, eventually we got in the house. The first impression is it was big, but other than big, it was old for sure, everything was old, the cook top stopped working (so for the sake of owner, we decided not to carry on Chinese cooking :-( but we're Chinese), the air-con was out of order (again in winter night), no need to say it's the only air-con for this 4 bedroom house, again the hot water is barely warm water (using solo-tank), so you can imagine with 6 of us everyone need a decent bath, what could happen at night. Also there's loads of dirt liners in washing machine so no use of laundry (what else we can use? just WIFI is good with no issue) Regardless all these when we went to bed, I realized at least one electric blanket was malt functioning.
Yes, the view is decent, you can watch the bay over bushes in day time, the garden looks good, there are 3 bikes we might utilize, but a house for vocation is first served for refreshment, for sleeping, not for gardening, and the view should just be a complementary, I think I'm not over asked. am I?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ocean view
Liked least: The facility
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 10, 2016
Hi Daniel, I am sorry you were able to stay only one night to be able to appreciate the benefits of the house and the surroundings. The air-con is working, but you were not able to operate it. But now, is working normally. The hot water heats at night and normally there is enough for the whole day, as we do have also solar panels. Unfortunately when guests waist the hot water, then they run out of it. We can always ask for common sense. Yes, you are right one electric blanket was not working and I have replaced it. Nobody told me before and maybe something happened during your stay to the blanket. But no worries, now everything is back to normal.

Well the view and the garden it is not something that you get automatically. We have an amazing tropical garden with a Bali Hut.

We have upgraded the house all the time and this year there will be a new kitchen. But this house has a lot of charisma and it is well presented. As you said it was too late when you arrived to be able to appreciate the benefits of it.
Shermen L
Sydney, Australia
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 4, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We all had a great night in this house. Great property, great location, also very surprise garden & beach view woke up in the next morning! Love it so much.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Jul 5, 2016
Thank you, this house has an amazing tropical garden with a Balinese 4x4 Hut, very nice lights and a covered BBQ large area. Soon we will be having a larger living area and a new very modern and functional kitchen. I hope you can come again this summer. Alex
StephOz85
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Your service is our UNsatisfaction ”
Reviewed March 26, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

My partners family who are visiting from the UK booked Marazul as part of their road trip up from Melbourne. At the last minute my partner and I were able to join them for 1 night but as we have a small dog I thought I would phone up to see if the property was pet friendly as I couldn't see it on the website and thought it better just to call and find out. Instead of being told 'I'm sorry our property is not pet friendly' I was told 'no no no no no no we are not pet friendly' in quite an abrupt and abrasive tone by the house owner Alex. I told her that was fine as I have family down the south coast I could leave him with I was just phoning to find out. Moments later i received a text message that only said 'strictly no pets. Not even for a short visit. Alex.' Well thanks Alex I gathered that from the unpleasant phone call I had with you that you're not pet friendly. It seems you're not very people friendly either.

When my in laws arrived they were met with 'Why are you here? you're early.' Which they were quite aware of they just wanted to make sure they had the right place and were happy to come back in 30 mins at the check in time of 2pm.
Alex then said AGAIN 'we don't allow pets and you would think you would call and ask before booking' .

Alex, my mother in law doesn't have a dog as she is visiting from the UK. I do and that is exactly why I rang you as we were last minute additions. I have no problem with not being able to bring my dog I was merely calling to confirm with you if this was possible.

Ironically enough on your website it states 'our service is your satisfaction'. If this is your customer service promise then I think it's something you really need to work on.

The house itself is pretty basic and quite dated nothing like the incredibly deceiving photos you have on your website but this probably could have been overlooked had our initial experience with you not been so unpleasant.

Based on our experience I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here, there are plenty of other nice places down the south coast.

Mar 27, 2016
Hi, thanks for your review. As a matter of fact, you have not made the reservation and you did not even pay to stay in the house. On the phone you did say that you were not staying at the house. This booking was done ca. 6 months in advance for just one night on Easter Friday for 3 persons.

We were very kind to accept this one night booking over Easter. But I was surprised that in the very last minute I received a call, for someone who has not even paid to stay, asking me if the house was pet friendly and that the pet was already in the car and you were not able to leave at home.

I do not know what kind of "nice reply" you expect. I am very nice and friendly and also very honest. I do not like people who pretend things that are NOT true. You knew, that you wanted to join them. Before starting your trip, you could have got the information your needed.

======
The way you talk and the way you think you can fool people around, it is the reason why you did not get the answer that you expected.

============

Regarding the house, we have everything that you may need: free WIFI, water views, proximity to the beach, amazing tropical garden, new BBQ area with fridge, bikes, all floors are being changed, outdoor hot/cold shower, 3 bathrooms, comfy beds, bed linen and towels..... and so many things, that you call BASIC, then you need to assess what is BASIC. As basic is not the right word to describe this amazing house and garden.

But if this is the way you can satisfy our negative attitude regarding your last minute call with your dog, then I call your shots BASIC.
Amanda X
“Comfortable Home”
Reviewed February 16, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The place is very clean and close to the beach. You have all you need in the house. The kids had a great time.

Apr 4, 2015
Thank you for the review. We now have a new big barbecue and soon we will build a cottage in the garden.
MDL83
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to stay in Jervis Bay”
Reviewed February 5, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We were a group of 8 friends who stayed at Marazul Paradise Beach House for 3 nights and we had a great time. The house is in a great location (walking distance to the beach and shops, only a 5-10 min drive to Hyams Beach) and has great water views. We loved the hammocks! Our only complaint was the bbq - it is only a small camping size bbq (not suitable for our group of 8 adults) and unfortunately the grill was a bit rusty. Overall, the place is excellent and we look forward to staying at Marazul Paradise Beach House for our next trip to Jervis Bay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Apr 4, 2015
Thank you for your review, Yes this house has a great location as everyone can do whatever you want without depending on cars. We are now changing the garden and soon we will build a cottage.
Laura W
London, UK
“Beautiful beachhouse retreat”
Reviewed November 23, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We had a lovely weekend away for a friends birthday at the Marazul Paradise Beach House. The house was enormous, very comfortable and beautifully decorated. You could tell a lot of love and attention was put into it. We loved the hammocks, outdoor bamboo shower and jungle themed garden. We would definitely stay here again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: hammocks, outdoor bamboo shower
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lapandemi...
Canberra
“Great views and very well presented”
Reviewed November 4, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

5 minutes walk from the beach, stunning views, clean and tidy and reasonably priced. What's not to like? Would definitely consider staying there again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing