Review Highlights
Best War History Tour Guide in Vietnam

Mr. Vu is unquestionably the tour authority on Vietnam War history in Vietnam. He's well read, well... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Traveler O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
An Excellent Day Out on the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour

We did the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour with Mr Vu in early May 2019. Booking the tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paradise803533
Hitchin UK

Recommended experiences in and around Dong Ha
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews mr vu hamburger his knowledge khe sanh vietnam war military history vinh moc tunnels answer any questions national cemetery background information his passion central highlands both sides these areas historical photos great guy dmz area
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Mr.Vu provides an excellent tour of the DMZ: although the drive from Hue is long, it is a comfortable journey filled with lots of information. It was certainly one of the best tours we've had in Vietnam.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We were so lucky to find Mr. Vu Van/ Annam Tours. To start he was most accommodating arranging our tours on short notice with pick up/drop off from train station to hotels. The Demilitarized Zone tour covers a large area and a long history. Vu knew his history in every detail. He presented exact dates, names, battles, and a keen perspective of the American/Vietnam War. It was very informative and we appreciated Vu's dedication to teaching history.

We continued our tour in the city of Hue. Visiting the Imperial Citadel and royal tombs. A deeper lesson into Vietnamese history. A most impressive past narrated in detail by Vu. He is so smart, friendly, and a pleasure to spend time with.

Thank you for sharing your country with us, we hope to return again some day.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Bridgette B
Reviewed January 4, 2019

As a World and Vietnamese American History teacher there were a number of places I wanted to visit in the Central Highlands that were part of one tour or another or just places of specific interest to me that I wished to see. Mr. Vu was able to put together a 3 day 2 night comprehensive tour that visited over a dozen places that I specifically wanted to see. We got to all my places and then some! Mr. Vu went above and beyond in the execution of the tour making sure that I got what I wanted (including just the right picture) even if not necessarily convenient. He is very knowledgeable and offered a non-biased even handed commentary which was refreshing. The SUV we traveled in was very comfortable and the nightly accommodations were good. Food choices along the way allowed for a wide variety appropriate to the region. I have been on a multi-day tour with Mr. Vu before to Hamburger Hill and the DMZ. I have no doubt I will book with him in the future and highly recommend him.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank daviddoser
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We arranged this tour with Mr Vu on the recommendation of friends. Vu was extremely knowledgeable around the History of the Vietnam war and his English is excellent. This is a full day with quite a bit of driving; however, the car was very comfortable and there are plenty of stops. When we reflected on the entire day we were very pleased that we covered so many places that related to the War. Vu's information was a vital part of making the locations come to life. One recommendation would be for Vu to provide water to buy at local prices rather than purchasing it from vendors. This would just be a little more convenient and we could have taken a bottle whenever we felt like one.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank bowden12345
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I had read a lot about the ‘American war’ and wanted to visit this area. I even managed to convince my wife to come on this tour, and we both loved it, despite her attending mostly for my benefit! Vu really brings the area to life with documentary pictures on his iPad and detailed explanations of all the areas and the history around them. He has a huge knowledge of the area in general, not just from the recent war but back into French colonial times.

Seeing places like Khe Sanh and the Rockpile which were household names during the war is so significant when visiting Vietnam. We were lucky enough to meet a NVA veteran visiting the national cemetery and he spoke to us for a long time (Mr Vu translating) about his time deployed near Danang and the DMZ doing reconnaissance. Many visitors don’t go to this area (despite it being really quite scenic) which I think is to the detriment of any trip. Visiting these places and considering how overseas intervention shaped and changed this country can really frame the rest of your trip. If you have a spare 24 hrs to stay in Dong Ha and do this tour I would thoroughly recommend it. (As a side note, 24hrs in Dong Ha is plenty for any traveller I think!)

A guide like Mr Vu is essential because finding these areas today would be too hard alone. He was very accommodating and was able to drop us back off at the station at the end of the tour for our journey up to the National Park. Thanks Vu!

Date of experience: October 2018