Review Highlights
Best War History Tour Guide in Vietnam

Mr. Vu is unquestionably the tour authority on Vietnam War history in Vietnam. He's well read, well... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Traveler O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
An Excellent Day Out on the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour

We did the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour with Mr Vu in early May 2019. Booking the tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paradise803533
Hitchin UK

Recommended experiences in and around Dong Ha
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews mr vu hamburger his knowledge khe sanh vietnam war military history vinh moc tunnels answer any questions national cemetery background information his passion central highlands both sides these areas historical photos great guy dmz area
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We arranged this tour with Mr Vu on the recommendation of friends. Vu was extremely knowledgeable around the History of the Vietnam war and his English is excellent. This is a full day with quite a bit of driving; however, the car was very comfortable and there are plenty of stops. When we reflected on the entire day we were very pleased that we covered so many places that related to the War. Vu's information was a vital part of making the locations come to life. One recommendation would be for Vu to provide water to buy at local prices rather than purchasing it from vendors. This would just be a little more convenient and we could have taken a bottle whenever we felt like one.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank bowden12345
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I had read a lot about the ‘American war’ and wanted to visit this area. I even managed to convince my wife to come on this tour, and we both loved it, despite her attending mostly for my benefit! Vu really brings the area to life with documentary pictures on his iPad and detailed explanations of all the areas and the history around them. He has a huge knowledge of the area in general, not just from the recent war but back into French colonial times.

Seeing places like Khe Sanh and the Rockpile which were household names during the war is so significant when visiting Vietnam. We were lucky enough to meet a NVA veteran visiting the national cemetery and he spoke to us for a long time (Mr Vu translating) about his time deployed near Danang and the DMZ doing reconnaissance. Many visitors don’t go to this area (despite it being really quite scenic) which I think is to the detriment of any trip. Visiting these places and considering how overseas intervention shaped and changed this country can really frame the rest of your trip. If you have a spare 24 hrs to stay in Dong Ha and do this tour I would thoroughly recommend it. (As a side note, 24hrs in Dong Ha is plenty for any traveller I think!)

A guide like Mr Vu is essential because finding these areas today would be too hard alone. He was very accommodating and was able to drop us back off at the station at the end of the tour for our journey up to the National Park. Thanks Vu!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank 20antonyb
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent tour with Mr Vu and Annam tours. We were collected from Phong Nha National Park (for a small incremental fee) and travelled for a day through the DMZ where we stopped along the way at points of interest before arriving at our destination Hue. Mr Vu was a fantastically knowledgeable guide and very professional. The tour included Vietnamese coffee mid morning and tasty authentic Pho Bo for lunch. We learned a lot about the American war and were shown some remarkable photos on an IPad which were incredibly insightful. The tour was an excellent way to travel (by very comfortable car) and a great way to see some of the remarkable history of Vietnam. I will be recommending this tour to all my family and friends.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank First_stop_hanoi
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We took a tour with Annam Tours and learned more about the Vietnam/American war history than in school. He is very knowledgeable and eager to answer any questions throughout the trip. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

This was my third tour with Mr. Vu. It was a four day tour, April,‘18, of the Southwest Highlands, (The former Central Highlands). As in the past, I wasn’t disappointed. We left from Hue down Hwy. 14 as far as Pleiku and turned east to the coast for Quy Nhon. We then headed up Hwy.1, back to Hue. As expected, great trip.
I can’t add anything that I haven’t already said in previous reviews. Read the other reviews and you see a familiar pattern,—all good. For the Central Vietnam Area, with an emphasis on the American War, there is none more knowledgeable and flexible as Mr. Vu’s, Annam Tour. Dong Ha, VN.

Date of experience: April 2018