Review Highlights
Best War History Tour Guide in Vietnam

Mr. Vu is unquestionably the tour authority on Vietnam War history in Vietnam. He's well read, well... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Traveler O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
An Excellent Day Out on the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour

We did the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour with Mr Vu in early May 2019. Booking the tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paradise803533
Hitchin UK

Recommended experiences in and around Dong Ha
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews mr vu hamburger his knowledge khe sanh vietnam war military history vinh moc tunnels answer any questions national cemetery background information his passion central highlands both sides these areas historical photos great guy dmz area
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2016

We did a tour through the DMZ, Vinh Moc Tunnels and Phong Nha caves.
Mr Vu is an excellent guide, providing many historical insights.
Thanks

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Firstly I'd like to offer 3 pieces of advice to anybody looking to undertake a fantastic tour where you are the 1 priority for the entire tour.

1. Book a tour with Mr. Vu
2. Book a tour with Mr. Vu
3. Follow rule no.1 or no.2

Early February 2016 I enquired with Mr. Vu about a two day tour to work in with my 19 day 1st time trip to Vietnam. I was organising. Mr. Vu was quick to respond and suggested a tour.

I booked private two day August 11-12 tour which consisted of Hamburger Hill , Khe Sanh combat base, firebase Birmingham, Lang Vei Special forces camp, the old American Marines look-out Rockpile, Peace bridge over Ben Hai river at the 17th parallel and Vinh Moc tunnel. With a stay overnight at the border town of Lao Bao near Khe Sanh. The price inclusive of 1-2 persons, a private car with driver Toan, guided by Mr. Vu, one night accommodation with dinner at Lao Bao, entrance and permission fees for all sites.

The trip speaks for itself , in a build up to visiting the listed sites along the way we stopped to discuss many other sites not listed, which was great to build up the story of each battlefield site and associated fire support bases that you were about to visit. Meal time was amazing, with the opportunity to sample the local foods. Mr. Vu knowledge of the history of the war was unbiased and impeccable to say the least, the pictures from the past and present day he has available on his IPad were great to take you back in time to relive the moments at each site you visit. Mr. Vu was always willing to answer any questions.

The tour was truely amazing. I will be returning to Vietnam hopefully the following year and do another tour with Mr. Vu and Toan. Do yourself a favour and book a tour YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

For me what topped the trip off was the little things, my plane was delayed 3 times from HCMC to Hue. I organised a airport pick up and drop off as optional extra. I kept in contact with Mr. Vu to inform his driver that I would be arriving late. When I finally arrived some 2.5 hours later than expected Mr. Toan was courteous, friendly and professional even after waiting for me for hours to arrive. Mr. Toan having worked with Mr. Vu for over 10 years now clearly respects and enjoys his job with Mr. Vu. They are both great company to be around and we shared many story's together over a few beers at dinner.

My last note for those who are wanting to climb to the top of Hill 937 - Hamburger hill. I suggest you start training 6months out if you are not used to that sort of physical activity. The reward will be when you reach the top to visit the monument and pay respects to the fallen. The climb nearly broke me. It was 40deg and 84% humidity. But after dreaming of this day for nearly 30 years as a kid I pushed on breaking through personal mental and physical barriers and made it to the top.

Book the trip and enjoy what Vietnam and Mr. Vu have to offer.

Submitted By: Jake Thorne

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank 265jacobt
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

We did a day long DMZ Tour with Annam Tours. Our guide Tam was excellent. He had great English and was a good tour guide who was well read and knowledgeable about the history but also interested in current affairs which was an added bonus to discussions.

Pick up was straightforward in Dong ha, we took in the main sites/ locations and museums including the Vinh Moc tunnels and also arranged to be dropped off in Phong Nha which was really handy.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I had took a DMZ tour with Mr. Vu and Annam Tours. I couldn't recommend them more. The history provided prior to visiting each site along the DMZ helped me appreciate them more. I would use them again if I ever go back!

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Annam travel arranged our tour of the Cu Chi tunnels in Saigon, and our tours of Da Nang, Hue, Hoi An and the DMZ. Mr. Vu did an excellent job of selecting knowledgeable tour guides and upscale restraurants for our lunches. This was a private tour with just my girlfriend and myself and we received privacy, personalized service and the benefit of extensive knowledge and experience for not more than we would have paid for a group tour. When the tour was done, Mr. Vu referred us to an associate who set up the Hanoi section of our trip with the same attention and care. I highly recommend Mr. Vu and Annam travel.

Date of experience: April 2016