Review Highlights
Best War History Tour Guide in Vietnam

Mr. Vu is unquestionably the tour authority on Vietnam War history in Vietnam. He's well read, well... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Traveler O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
An Excellent Day Out on the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour

We did the Khe Sanh - DMZ - Vinh Moc Tunnels Tour with Mr Vu in early May 2019. Booking the tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paradise803533
Hitchin UK

Recommended experiences in and around Dong Ha
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews mr vu hamburger his knowledge khe sanh vietnam war military history vinh moc tunnels answer any questions national cemetery background information his passion central highlands both sides these areas historical photos great guy dmz area
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

I was staying in Hue with my children and they organised the tour for us.
We were collected and returned to our hotel in Hue and met up with Vu at his home in Dong Ha.

The hospitality & comfort were second to none throughout the day, as was the tour itself!

The countryside around the old DMZ is in itself impressive.

When combined with the detail of both the local/specific historic facts that Vu has on instant recall as well as the overall general perspective of the history of the Vietnam conflicts with both the French and USA, this tour is a "Must Do!" for anyone with more than a passing interest in the Vietnam conflict.

The tour visits the major sites but gives a much broader perspective than you would ever have seeing the western reporting of the first TV war. If like me you got your source information from the BBC reporting the "Five o clock Follies" from the Rex Hotel in Saigon go on this tour.

Thank you Vu.!

Tony J (dad)

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed January 25, 2016

Vu is definitely the go-to-guy for a tour of the DMZ. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. From start to finish, it was excellent. We had an action packed day visiting sight after interesting sight, and Vu's knowledge of the locations, events and historical context is really very impressive. He also brought the various places to life with military maps and photos from the time. He has excellent English and is great company.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed January 11, 2016 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world and have never felt a need to give a review on the Internet before. Mr. Vu was such a great tour guide that I feel it necessary to spread the word in hopes that others will benefit from choosing ANNAM Tours and allowing Mr. Vu to spread his knowledge of the Vietnam War. He was so well prepared and knew an amazing amount of information, dates, places etc.
If you are interested in the Vietnam War, do yourself a favor and book a tour with Mr. Vu.
He was also helpful throughout my trip in other parts of Vietnam in helping me book private cars from place to place. The drivers always arrived on time and had a clean car.
Thank you Mr. Vu.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed January 8, 2016

Mr. Vu arranged a personal tour for me that included all of the places my dad was stationed, during the Vietnam War. Mr. Vu is very personable and knowledgeable. He shares photos of how the places used to look like. He also does not rush you and allows you plenty of time to take photos. He even offers to be your photographer. His drivers are on time and responsible. I would highly recommend him as a tour guide.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed December 23, 2015

Tuesday 22 december 2015, Mr. Vu took me and my wife to Hamburger hill.

I contacted Annam Tours from Holland, and despite this date was not available anymore, Mr. Vu arranged in his agenda to make sure this tour on this date was possible after all.

The thight schedule of our journey made it not possible for another day, so we were glad Mr. Vu was very flexible.

Mr. Vu was exactly on time at 8 AM with a private car and driver which makes the tour so much more comfortable. Along the way, he showed lots of pictures, detailed maps and told stories up and around a-shau valley and Hamburger Hill. At Fire base Birmingham we stopped to visit the remains of the air strip. Impressive to see.

Along the way we also talked about politics and economics these days in relation to the communist period those days. But also current Vietnam and its economic development.

At Hamburger Hill we climbed the hill and had good conversation about what happened during the war, different points of view. Once we where at the monument, we climbed up to the 937 meter point through the thick bushes and slippery small path.
After making pictures, we went back down again. At the foot of the hill, we stopped to visit a cave where NVA had there commando post and stove. Also through the thick bushes and slippery small path. Together with the foggy wet wheather, it made you imagine what happened those days. Thanks to the detailed information of Mr. Vu, all of this was very impressive.

On our way back we stopped at A Luoi for delecious lunch and we were back at hotel at 4 PM. Mr. Vu even helped us buying traintickets at the trainstation, so we did not have to worry about that.

We loved the hospitality, flexibility, and good socialise contact with Mr. Vu. It made a pleasant tour. We recommend Annam Tours highly. Do not think there are others who give such private detailed personal guidance to Hamburger Hill.
Afterwards, Mr. Vu was even prepared to sent me some extra information by email. Very pleasant as well.

A next time we sure will contact Annam Tours again.

Becker, The Netherlands