All reviews mekong river hotel is located swimming pool breakfast buffet language barrier gym town laos checkin comfort stopover accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2019

Spent 5 nights here lecturing. Rooms are OK although things don't work and it can be hard to get reception to do anything. The service is slow and often poor. Most of the time they are on their phones.

Breakfast is poor, but that is normal in these hotels. Location is great if you have transport, but it is a fair way out of town ..along the river with good views , but a long walk at night to get anything. Good if you have transport

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2018

I took this hotel based on location and from the booking page it looked ok.
I ordered a luxury room, for me it was a standard room just bigger, so paid more for free flor area, and nothing else. I had only one night there, and that was enough. I went to their restaurant to have a late lunch, and ordered a papaya salad which was very good, then I also ordered stir fried squid, disgusting, I think it was boiled and then afterwards some batter kind of things was poured over the squids, I couldn't eat it I asked the staff to make me a new dish and then suddenly out of the blue, sorry sir we dont have this dish available, a nice dish in the menu and look good on the photo, but could the kitchen spoil this delicious food, yes they could big time. after the lunch I walked around found the spa area, went in and got a traditionel Lao herb massage, thumbs up it was really good. in the evening I went back to the restaurant, to give it a new change, will not mention too much, but I was hungry after the lunch, I was evn more hungry after dinner, think it says all about the kitchen. breakfast was announced as a buffet of local food and western food. I might have been the only one in the hotel, because no buffet, but there was breakfast a la carte, a la carte with two (2) choses, unhealthy or more unhealthy, then there were two local dishes soup or soup or whatever it was, so thanks but no thanks, so I checked out, went to the airport to a good cup of coffee, so Daosavanh Hotel, be happy you will not have me back there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I rented two suites, and stayed 3 nights with my son, and daughter in law. Have not traveled outside of the U.S. before, and did not know what to expect in Laos. Stayed in Bangkok for almost two weeks, so that was my closest point of reference for SEA..
The resort was very clean inside and out, food was good, language barrier was to be expected but I found the front desk staff tried to be helpful when we needed some assistance using the phone.
I would not hesitate to return to Daosavanh, or recommend it to anyone.
I got some great sunset photographs, as well as photos of daily life in the area.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a hotel with a pool in Savannakhet, I booked this hotel for 5 days. From checking in, there was no problem. Staffs at the reception tried their best to speak English, but it’s just irritating when they say I don’t know when in fact they just didn’t understand you.

The restaurant serves satisfactory cuisines but I don’t really recommend. My partner had an onion soup and it was the worst onion soup ever. It’s served cold and taste is not really appealing. Breakfast for the whole week has been the same. Waiters and waitresses speak no to little English so it’s hard tk communicate. They cannot even understand when you’re already pointing to them.

Pool was busy with outside guests who came to refresh on a sunny day. The pool bar staffs were lazy to bring you the food menus so you need to approach the bar area.

I asked if they open the gym early morning at 7. I got up at 7 expecting to use it but it was still closed until 10am.

Massage was ok.

Overall, the hotel’s room is comfortable but the services they offer is not compatible with the price you pay.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

The room was spacious and clean. The wifi worked in the room. A/C kept the room nice and cool. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Dinner in the restaurant was fine, just a bit odd as we were the only diners there. The staff seemed a bit quiet and nervous but perhaps that was due to our inability to speak Lao. The breakfast buffet was adequate, just not a lot of variety.

Date of stay: March 2018