Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was most surprised with the property I selected and will return there again in the future. The staff very friendly, courteous, smiling all the time and very respectful. I was more than happy with the room service which was prompt and the food hot not cold like some 5 star hotels I know in Thailand and served with a gracious smile. The room itself was great, super beds, I have not slept in a bed that good for a long while because I don't travel as much as I used to, I had the best sleep for the 2 nights I spent there. The complete ambience was great and from door man to reception, other hotel staff including the restaurant, van driver and staff in the gardens and swimming areas couldn't be more gracious to me. Guys keep up the good work, I will be back.

Room tip: If you are not happy with your room, you can ask for a change provided the hotel is not sold out of course, some times that happens. I did after looking at 3 room and selected the one I liked and was very happy with it.
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here for three weeks in January and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. We come to Laos on a yearly trip for work and usually stay at gueshouses, but on a friend's recommendation stayed here. The rooms are very clean, the beds excellent and the staff although they don't speak much English are very pleasant and helpful.
We had excellent omelettes for breakfast, and some very good dinners. The only thing I would suggest is that they change is the bread they serve for breakfast. Terrible white generic bread. We went out every morning and bought a terrific baguette which we took back and they cut it up for us in the kitchen. I would suggest in a country where they make such amazing baguettes they should try those. We will certainly stay there agin, it is quite a bit more expensive than a guesthouse but well worth it, especially for the comfort and the swimming pool. The staff do their best with their limited English, but then I don't speak Lao!

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the pool with a view of the Mekong for wonderful sunsets
Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank CalgaryBassett
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Dao Savanh Hotel is a newish hotel in Savannakhet. It has an excellent view of the Mekong River. The rooms are clean and affordable. The hotel is perfectly acceptable for a short stay in Savannakhet.

The hotel's management is young and inexperienced but if you lower your expectations, the hotel is just fine.

I stay here often and the hotel staff, mostly students at the local university and technical schools, try very hard to please their guests. They may not be the most efficient, but lower your expectations and they are just fine.

The alternatives in Savannakhet include the Savanh Vegas casino or a degraded Rattanasavanh Guest House.

Savannakhet is not charming nor is it a tourist town, but if you are here for 1-2 nights, the Dao Savanh is just fine.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the Mekong. These rooms have terraces.
Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank zolaamt
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Although we visited Savannakhet some months ago, I wish to share our bad experience in this hotel. We booked for 2 adults and 2 kids and 1 extra bed was arranged. With check out a very high sum was charged for the extra bed. Since we had not been informed, I did not want to accept the payment and asked for a meeting with the manager. The receptionist called the manager, but he refused to lower the price and did not want to talk to me. When I started to discuss further with the employee, she almost started crying and all staff around also became nervous. It was clear that the manager had no idea about customer service and was treating his personnel in a 'management by fear style'. During further discussions with the personnel I found out that the receptionist would be forced to pay the price for my extra bed from her own money - probably a month salary - so I decided to pay and write this review. I hope the management has been changed in the meantime. By the way: also the breakfast was a shame.

Room tip: We had a room with balcony and view on the Mekong River. Back side of the hotel probably has worse rooms.
Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank JPB250268
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We decided to stay overnight in Savannakhet on the way to vientiane and thought we'll break the long bus ride by staying in a nicer place and splash out, liitle did we know this was a bad idea. Staff were not welcoming at all as we didn't have a reservation even though we e-mailed them two days before arrival. They wanted us to pay upfront and when we asked if he could book our Vientiane bus tickets he claimed that if we didn't pay upfront he wouldnt be able to book for us.
Our room was dirty e.g dirty pillow cases, mouse poop on sheets, stains on floor tiles. Another example of poor customer service is that when we pointed out the mouse poop they just laughed with no apology.
The prices on the website don't correlate with the hotel price.. We ended up paying $74 US dollars for a double room rather than $60 (off season price).. When we told them about this
they said they didn't have any idea about what's online.
We definitely didn't feel welcome at this hotel with this poor service shifting the blame to their customers rather than themselves...

Date of stay: July 2011