All reviews an upgrade room service higher side spa amenities cleanliness
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 2 nights. Arrived at 9 pm. The hotel looked empty. Looked as if there was no one living in the hotel. The entire look of the hotel was old and run down. The lights were dim. All over.

When I arrived in the room, the entire room had its old smell to it. The lights were dim and old. Old shabby curtains. The bathroom were very old with very old dirty fittings with old dirty stains all over. The pot was old and dirty. The tap was having a prickly running water. Did not even try the shower.

The biggest problem is that the Ac was not working properly. I called the reception and asked them to change the room. They showed another room. The temperature was the same. They informed that the room will become cool in 1 hour. I said that I will have dinner and come back. But after 1 hour, the ac was the same. They had nothing to say as the problem is that the overall cleaning of the air conditioners are not done properly.

I had to leave the hotel in the night and go to another hotel which was much cheaper in price and cleaner and better.

Never had this experience in any hotel in the world ever.

Not recommended to anyone at all.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank RaviMansinghkakumar
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the hotels appearance, this hotel doesn't even deserve a star, stayed here for a night, after check out we were shocked to see our car damaged in the hotels parking lot , the security said one of hotels guest hit our parked car and drove off, the management took no responsibility and was least bothered, the duty managers response towards this incident was rude, when we asked about the CCTV footage, they covered up by saying the concerned person was on leave, stay away from this hotel by any means as they have no concern for the guest and their belongings, finally be warned when you are leaving your car parked at the hotel...

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

It needs 360 deg improvements. Staff are very nice. Food is good. It have big premises like any 5 star. It needs to change all bathroom fittings, TV to change. They are customer focused, this is the only hotel where I found they give hair oil,

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2018

I have been in this hotel 18 years ago the first time, Badu was a young waiter now is a middle age restaurant manager.... the room and the entire hotel are still the same (beside few room that have been renovated ask for those!)
You open the room door and the carpet grate you whit a familiar small.... I believe it can talk.... I hoped for ages for a renovation now I lost my hope, but maybe it is better like this... in a continuing fast changing world Velan hotel is a guarantee.... it never change!

Room Tip: Look for a room in an other hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Franco B
Reviewed November 20, 2017

hotel build looks too old, inside the room furniture are also too old. rooms are not so comfortable. The cost wise hotel is costly, the facilities are also not upto the mark. if we compare the cost with hotel, it is not worthy!

Stayed: November 2017