“Great hotel, food and service!”

Austria Trend Hotel Alpine Resort Fieberbrunn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fieberbrunn
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great hotel, great food and great staff! Skiing good, perfect for beginners and intermediates and also great for kids.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Hansamrose

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I much prefer telling fellow travellers about good hotels & restaurants that we have visited.

My wife & I chose chose the Austra-Trend Group Hotel, Alpine Resort, Fieberbrunn because it is in an ideal location, offering ski-to-the-door and is a smaller resort, which we had not previously visited. We read other reviews on TA (& other websites) as well as their own website. We wanted to stay at a fairly peak time, from 1st January & due to very good reviews of this 4 star hotel, we decided to stay, at the rate offered: € 300/night for the room, B&B & Evening Meal. At this price (& for 5 days) I was naturally expecting everything to be very good!

First impressions - excellent! Lovely welcome (which I judge to be very important) by Alexandre, in reception. Room on the top floor (4th) was spotlessly clean, and had the usual TV. safe, small fridge (mini-bar), a small balcony plus seperate toilet, from bath/shower.

Restuarant - food - I have to say was managed superbly. Breakfast - large buffet - hot (& it was hot, not luke warm). Regularly re-filled. I cannot think of anything (sensible) that was missing + the 6-course evening meal was very, very good. Help yourself to salad, soup and cheese. Served with starter, main & dessert. Very good service too!

If I judged this hotel on its food it would be at the top of the list with any hotel/restaurant we have ever visited!

OK - so there were some problems...this is the part which I sincerely wish I did not have to write... but I gave the hotel group (there are 20+ in the chain) the chance to rectify and they did not bother to respond, except for the hotel Manager, but not to my satisfaction!

3 issues we had - I'll let you decide if you want to risk spending your hard-earned money at this hotel...

1) 2nd night: we turned in early (10.00pm) after excellent ski-ing, apres-ski and dinner.
Woken by children (aged about 11-14) and a pitbull dog, running around our floor! "Advised" reception & 1/2hr later they were still doing it. Went down to reception - there was no Manager at the hotel & I was told "we have told the parents, but they do nothing, what do you expect us to do?" - retired to bed unhappy and struggled to get back to sleep.
I met & spoke with the young Hotel Manager the next day. He apologized, and I felt sorry for him????

2) 3rd night: 4 men checked in to 2 rooms on our floor, for an event at St Johann in Tirol, sponsored by AUDI & they left an inflatable (like a bouncy castle) outside our room. An hotel maintenance man knocked on our door early evening to enquire was it ours???!!!
Presumably he did nothing about it - but, it was very large & I was slightly curious as to why it was there! (But then, kids, pit bull dog, running around, bouncy castles, what next??!!! Again, we had turned in early (10.30pm) - another great day & evening!
Then, just before 11pm I was woken by a noise which sounded just like a motorbike in our room. I told my wife she was dreaming, but when I looked outside our room, there stood 4 alcohol-influenced young men blowing up an inflatable (like a bouncy-castle) on our floor, right outside our room, with a generator, plugged in to a socket outside!!!
(I was beginning to wonder if someone had been giving me dodgy drinks & I was hallucinating!)

3) Came back about 5pm (as do most ski-ers). Ran a bath in anticipation of a lovely relaxing time, to take away the aches & pains of a great day.... the water was cold! When I went down to reception to "enquire" as to the problem, another lady almost opened/dropped her towel, she was so mad, she kept muttering 4 star hotel - no hot water again, unbelievable!!

For no hot water we were given a 15% discount on our daily bill.
I asked for a discount for 2 disturbed nights sleeps - which I think is reasonable. if I was paying € 150/night for 2 of us, I probably would have accepted it.

The hotel manager replied: "I know that you were already given a discount of 15% for the lack of water, which was definitly a major problem that you do not have to accept. For the other 2 nights we are not of the same mind that this would justify another discount.
So please understand that we will not refund any further money to your credit card account!

I would like to conclude the review by saying that this could be an excellent hotel.

You should decide whether we were just unlucky, being in the hotel at the same time as some very selfish guests, and with a very young manager, who was very nice, but obviously unable to deal with problems when they arose.

I think we will stick to what we usually do: find hotels owned & run by Austrian families, who have values & respect. Never have we experienced these things anywhere else we have stayed.

Judging by this, I could not recommend staying at an Austria-Trend Group hotel. I am also disappointed that neither the CEO nor directors, to whom I sent an email, did not bother to reply.

Still, Fieberbrunn is a very nice resort, which I would recommend, with many other good hotels, although none in the same good position as the Alpine Resort.

I expect they will get it right in time..... ??

Room Tip: Ask for a room nowhere near people with dogs or noisy children!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DJCOTTS
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The Austria Trend Alpine Resort is a pretty huge and nicely designed hotel right next to the slope in Fieberbrunn (a few meters ...).
We very much enjoyed our time in our spacious room, the huge and nice spa area, and the great restaurant - with fantastic meals and breakfast.
What also needs to be pointed out is that for every room there is a single locker for your skiing equipment in the basement - including a heated ski boots rack.
The only thing we actually did not like that much was that in the restaurant you are seated very close to the next tables - a lack of privacy.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank w0rldadvis0r
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend with my husband. We booked it through Snowscape which were an excellent company we found on the internet.
Our room was on the third floor looking out over the red run. It was just a standard room but was tastefully furnished and still new. The only thing i didn't like was the synthetic duvet but thats just because i prefer feather.
The food was very good with a choice of three mains. All the staff were helpful and friendly. There are very few English at this hotel and resort so everythings in German but this didnt cause us a problem.
You can ski in and out of this hotel, and theres a boot room with you own allocated locked locker, which is heated, and big enough for all your gear including helmets. We found the skiing enough to keep us busy for 4 days. Im a nervous, pathetic skier but found most runs quite do-able! Some of the reds would be blues in other resorts, so all in all a very family oriented place with lots of bars and restaurants up the mountains. The town is a 15 minute walk away and there is a bus. There are enough bars and restaurants at the bottom of the slopes for apres ski.
If we go back to Fieberbrunn we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This hotel only opened at Christmas last year so everything is still very new. The rooms are kept very clean and the food was enjoyable.Finding a towelling robe on the bed when you arrive was a nice touch, as is the fact that you don't have to fight your way through the ski room every day, because every room has its own lockable heated boot and ski locker. Breakfast is buffet style, but with a huge selection; and dinner is a 5-course meal with huge salad bar to start with. The only complaint is that the soups on offer each day hardly tasted any different, although they were listed as a different flavour each day. If you get tempted to try the fondue, don't have the salad, soup and starter unless you have a very big appetite!! Expecting a small fondue, we had all the above, then were surprised when the waiter wheeled a table over with chicken, pork, beef and king prawns; baked potatoes, frites and vegetables, together with the various sauces. Well worth the extra 6.50 euros each!!! Wine is very expensive with a meal, with an average bottle costing 20-30 euros; the Spar in Rosenegg (10 minutes on the bus) had exactly the same wine for 7 euros. Alcohol measures in the bar are miniscule - a 'double' is 4cl, not enough for a mouthwash! The spa area is superb, but be warned that it is mixed and nude (as with many Austrian Hotels), although some people were wearing swimming costumes. The lighting is subdued and relaxing - there is a 'normal' sauna (hot), a 'Finnish' sauna (warm and fragrant), an infra-red room, a steam room and an ice bowl pumping out crushed ice.
There were a lot of nationalities there (Austrian, German, Dutch, Czech, Romanian and Polish), but we were the only English in the hotel. Fortunately most of the staff speak some English, although the competency level does vary.
The S4 Alm, opened this year, is a two minute walk from the hotel and is THE place for apres-ski; it has taken a lot of trade from Biwak, which used to be the place to go
A very enjoyable hotel,

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank specsaver
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This hotel is only 12 months old (at the time of staying there). It is immaculate in every way. The rooms are fabulous, minimalistic with a few quirky touches! Right on the ski slopes. The food is good, the service amazing, cleanliness second to none! The General Manager Peter is amazing, he makes everybody feel welcome and will smile and sit with people at the bar, very welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The hotel is absolutely perfect - ski in and out of lobby, staff are charming and can not help enough. The hotel is pristine and rooms are cleaned every day. The food is delicious with plenty of variation. The sauna is a very welcome sanctuary at the end of a hards skiing, aliong with the massages. Would definitely return, and stay longer next time! If I had to make a complaint the only thing would be there is not kettle in the rooms, so if you want a cup of tea / coffe in bed, would need a thermos!! But that is all, it really is a wonderful retreat in a perfect location.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fieberbrunn
Alte Post
Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel
Fairhotel Hochfilzen
Fairhotel Hochfilzen
#1 of 2 in Hochfilzen

Been to Austria Trend Hotel Alpine Resort Fieberbrunn? Share your experiences!