All reviewsinteresting layoutromantic hotelski busnewer roomsunderground car parksteam room and saunabig onesspar supermarketevening entertainmentski areaheated racksski holidaymain buildingvisited this hotelcakeswinter sportsindoor pool
Reviewed January 17, 2015

We love the Castle and have gone two years in a row and recommend it for those who like to try different resorts. We love that, and it is close to so many great stations. Fiederbrunn is not my favorite, but Kitzbuhel, Maria Alm Saalbach St Johann are super resorts just a half hour away- Skiers paradise!
We are a couple and this is a bit over the top family lodging with too many kids running around even in the bar area.. I dont mind children of course but there should be some areas destined for adults (like the bar?) I would suggest that with all the room they have they have the bar area for adults only. However price quality is a great value...

Room Tip: We had a room in the annex this year and I couldnt see the fireworks on New Years. Personally I prefer the main building. the masseuse, Ursula I believe gives a great massage.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dalia S
Reviewed January 15, 2015

If you want something new, not a boring hotel can stay on this ancient castle that becoming a hotel 100 years ago.
They have a lot of modern necessities, even a swimming pool, a library with a fireplace and a pool table.
The personal (almost Italian) is nice and they try to serve well. The food is ok and in a good variety.
Only an inconvenience has...is till faraway from centre, for the ski slops you have a bus and the hotel have a van but in the evening if you want to go on to the centre...must be careful at the bus schedule...
A good choice!
The internet is free, not very good and only in the lobby.
the hotel is very suitable for the family with children.

Room Tip: first floor 101 to 120 room are the best!!
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2015

We stayed here for four nights over Christmas (with Shearings) and were very pleasantly surprised. Our room was large with two beds, a separate sofa, plus 2 armchairs and a table. There was also a large wardrobe. The bathroom was modern and had twin sinks. Outside we had a balcony with table and chairs plus a very nice view. The staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful at all times. We personally had no problems with food or service. For the evening meal it was a set menu and the food was varied. Breakfast buffet had a good choice. The hotel provided entertainment in the evenings and even left a little gift of chocolate and biscuits in our room. Based on our experience I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Free Wifi available in the reception area.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group with Shearings Holidays.
The hotel is querky and quite an experience!
Overall we were disappointed - the hotel is positioned on the outskirts of Fieberbrunn, which meant that evenings were mainly restricted to staying in the hotel. Not a lot to do and not really suitable for a quiet stroll after dinner!

As had been mentioned in other reviews, the hotel now has a family theme - so expect lots of excited children! Not the idea base for a quiet, relaxing / couples holiday but great if you are holidaying with a young family.

The bedrooms and overall service seemed inconsistent, with mixed feedback from our group. However it was commented on that the hotel has changed / gone downhill from a couple of years ago.

I have several food allergies and also require a gluten free diet, so I had emailed the hotel prior to our stay and was reassured there would be no problems.... famous last words! I was not catered for, was not given any advice of content of food etc and I actually became ill after 'an incident'.
There was a vegetarian in our group also, she was not catered for either. It was a shame as much of the food was of a higher standard (more interesting!) than what we usually receive in Austria.
I do wonder if it would be of benefit not being part of a group.....
The reception staff were fabulous - very helpful and informative.
On summary, I definitely would not recommend this hotel for anyone with special dietary requirements. It probably is now more suited for families and independent bookings. It does seem a bit of a gamble what your room is like, so you may be lucky!
We won't be returning to this hotel - a shame as it is unique in some respects and is set within the pretty Pillersee valley.

• Stayed: September 2014
6  Thank 2DevonDarlings
Reviewed September 16, 2014

This is a beautiful old castle/ hotel with very quirky rooms, attentive and pleasant staff,many hidden passages and a lovely out door area. The buffet food is excellent but the waiter served meals were very slow in coming and usually fairly cool. During my stay a part of the hotel was without hot water for several days. The bedrooms ,although interesting ni their design were without modern amenities,such as fridge, coffee/tea making equipment, and a CRT television which is probably 30plus years old. WiFi is available,but only in the lobby

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple