“Great meeting facilities”

Stromstad Spa & Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stromstad
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a customer day here in November and I have to say that this is a great place to do meetings. There is enough parking spaces, great bar/coffee area and good meeting rooms. Light and sound worked very good and the food in the breaks was convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
StromstadSpa, Manager at Stromstad Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so much for a very nice review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope we get to welcome you again another time.

Ingrid Stokka Sagen

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I kept my promise, and revisited this nice hotel. And as usual, almost whatever you do twice, the first time was the best (If you're interested, read my previous review).

But most, and I mean most were unchanged and as good as expected.

The location and view to the harbor is still stunning. The room was still very nice and very clean. The beds are actually a bit small, but comfy.

The service was almost as good as the last time. But the spa-dept. with the jacuzzis, pools and what nots was not in as good shape as it was on my last visit. Several of the features were out of order or just partly functioning. The whole place looked as if it had been left alone by maintenance for a year. This was the biggest disappointment during my stay. I did not get the luxury feeling this time.

The food kept pace and was very nice. Both Swedish and Norwegian specialties at the dinner buffet.

The lunch buffet did not have a very big selection, but what was there was really fresh, crispy and tasty. And things got even better after a while, when a waiter showed up...

I'm not eager to go back in the nearest future, at least not private. This visit was also business, like last time. If I was to come back with my family I would first expect the spa-dep. to be fixed up really good, with everything working, and not that worn down look and feel. Add to that that this is quite an expensive hotel.

But as a conference hotel, it works just fine.

I find it strange that the hotel executives do not read or comment on some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. That way they could look into some of the issues and also give us (the guests) a feeling that they actually care about our opinion.

If this review in any way was helpful, I appreciate the feedback so pls hit the Yes button if you think so.

Room Tip: Sea-view recommended
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leon_Norway
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Strömstad spa was host to a company gathering, where we spent a weekend. The hotel is large, and small, but cozy downtown Strömstad is reached via foot and cable ferry in 15-20 minutes. The location itself is quite beautiful by the sea, and with many recreational options nearby.

The room was large, and had a separate bedroom, a kitchen (with some of the cupboards nailed shut(!)) as well as a sofa area. Storage space was ok, and everything felt fresh and comfortable. A minus is however the narrow 75cm beds – this shouldn't be necessary.

Breakfast and other meals were well-stocked and while not the most exciting, of rather good quality. The bar had live music during the nights – the performers not being your average dance band, which was really enjoyable.

The spa area provided several options, and all necessary items are provided by the reception. A minus is the almost total lack of outdoor facilities and the total abscence of a bar inside the area. In all, however, a relaxing and comfortable experience.

Conference facilities were good – many different rooms with good air-conditioning and technical equipment and ample break service.

In all I had a pleasant experience at Strömstad spa, and a relaxing weekend here could be recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tvmtvm
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel, is an over priced Hostel, with no service and quality.
Arrived this hotel Saturday morning with my family and cheeked in to an over priced room.
It was a Superior room, priced at NOK 2790,- that felt like a 3 star international hotel.
The rooms lacked of quality, with easy solutions, and bad finnish.
Even the beds felt like there were bought at 50% off at IKEA!!
We had to go o the reception 5 times to ask for the same thing they promised when we cheeked in. And at 11 PM they came, 7 hours later!!
Only one employe had control, and it looked like the rest were just were hired in help!
Even when we asked for some plates to the kids supper no one came, so we had to go to the restaurant and find it our by our self.
Further on the staff had no service attitude at all, no one asked to help with luggage, parking or anything else.
After unpacking we took a trip around the hotel, and it was over priced at all points, even to be in Scandinavia.
When the evening came, we had a glass of wine, and the bartenders were kind and and did a good job, but it stopped there.
We went up to our rom, 6th floor, and at 11 PM they started playing music at the bar, and even on the 6th floor we felt like we were at Woodstock, and the kids did not manage to sleep until 1 PM when it ended.
But then the fans on top of the room started with a wining noise and kept going to 11 am.
So the total sleep was more or less 4 hours.
How this can be called a Spa an Resort beats me.
I have had more or less 100- 150 nights a year at hotels the last 8 years, and this MUST be the most overprices and worst night EVER.
Next morning we went to the SPA and at 11 am nothing was on, not even the saunas.
So we packed up and left for a total price of NOK 3600,- for 1 night.
I will NEVER recommend this hotel or other from this operator to any of my friend or business associates. Compering this to european hotels, this is just a sad story.
Thank you, for helping me, never to choose you again

And to you that wants to visit, try to connect with guests, and base it all on your self, and not the hotel staff or what they named it.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, it have nothing to do with the price point or name. The heater at the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank ProvocateurR
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had an overall okay one night stay here. It was fine, but not exceptional. The hotel is very modern in design and appears to be pretty new. The location at the marina is a few minutes from town and is in a lovely setting.

Our room and the bathroom were well-furnished with the basics, but both were small in comparison to the other places we stayed on our 9 day trip in Scandinavia. The wireless internet did not work in our room, so we had to be in the lobby to connect. I dined alone in the restaurant while my husband used the spa facilities. My dinner was just so-so and that is also how he rated the jacuzzi/spa experience too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Beautifully located, just on the waterfront with spectacular views, a crackling fireplace, and nothing helps when the service fails so miserably. You can enjoy the stay, just keep well away from front desk, and don't ask for advice on parking and just speak to the other guests and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PennyLR
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed three nights for a conference through work. Positively surprised by conference facilities. Food was mostly good. Rooms were clean and decent size, the standard Choice Hotels layout and style.

I got a twin room with backyard view - lots of rooms have balconies..

Only niggle is that the window did not open property (security feature) and since the sun had been up and heating the room the air was not great during the night.

Did not try the spa so can't comment on that.

Location is outside Strømstad (five minutes by car?)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stromstad
Scandic Laholmen
#1 of 1 in Tanumshede
Kallviken Semesterby
Kallviken Semesterby
#3 of 4 in Stromstad

Been to Stromstad Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!