“Well....my favourite restaurant”

Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Mexico City, Mexico
“Well....my favourite restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I discovered Famo51 some years ago and have been a fan ever since. Every excuse I can find I go there. Birthdays, deadline made, international friends over, business dinner, everything goes. Food is fabulous, waiters knowledgeable and friendly. They know by now I do not want dessert but a green tea with ginger....I no longer have to ask. The Friday seafood night is great. I also love that they take pure ingredients and make something really good out of it (like their pure vegetable soups. It may sound boaring but it is fabulous!). So 5 starts for famo51.
I am lucky enough to live in the same street and have plenty to celebrate! Hurray!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank estdk_10

Denmark
“Plan to spend 2-3 hours but well worth it”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

For my wife's birthday I made reservations at FAMO 51 as we both see this place while going to work and finally decided to try out a restaurant in our neighborhood. To say we were surprised is an understatement--overall the experience, the service and attention to detail exceeded expectations and for the quality and amount of food you receive (too much honestly) the value is outstanding.

As FAMO 51 only opens at 18:00 I used their online system for reservations and had no problem getting them but would recommended them given how popular this place seems to be getting. As this restaurant does not publish its menu in advance (you just have anywhere from 4-6 courses based upon what the chef is making that day) I indicated that my wife does not eat beef or chicken and the restaurant confirmed that was not an issue and the kitchen was aware so the restaurant was easy to contact and attentive to details.

Upon arrival the restaurant is cozy yet nicely done and we were given the window seat and an explanation of the menu by the server. The wine list is excellent; my only concern is that there are not many choices under 300 kroner but if you are willing to spend 400-700 kroner on a bottle you will not be disappointed. The restaurant also has a nice wine room in the basement to allow for private dining of up to 16 people--not something we took advantage of but I will consider for future corporate functions.

As far as the food it was above average to excellent for each dish and there is no way you'll leave hungry as while each individual portion is small after six of them you won't want to think about food for a while. There was a nice mixture of meat and vegetables with my only complaint being the staff forgot about the dietary restrictions of my wife on one of the dishes where we were given veal but I was happy to eat both portions and the kitchen quickly corrected all remaining dishes. Again this was not a major problem for me but for anyone with a dietary restriction do confirm again with your server before the meal starts.

As far as service we never had to get the attention of the staff as they were always checking (but not disruptively) if we needed anything and upon payment didn't even give us the option to tip so note to future diners that you need to mention you'd like to tip if you want to use your Visa or other credit card (I tipped in cash after the fact, the staff definitely deserved it). As for value there's no question--400 kroner per person for all that food is unheard of in Copenhagen and I'd put this restaurant on par with Radio and expect it to be more popular as time goes on.

Overall I highly recommended this place and my wife and I will go back there again, especially on a Friday when they serve nothing but seafood for each course. A great find in the heart of Copenhagen with good food, excellent service and prices you don't normally see in Europe.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Adam M
Glostrup, Denmark
“All perfect: Food, service, atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have been at FAMO 51 twice an at both occasions it was extremelly nice. There is a set menu comprising 5 courses. The first course itself was a mix of 6 antipasti: Vegetables, fish, cheese. The chef walks around talking to customers to make sure they enjoy their meal. Like in most good Italian restaurants, the food is prepared from high quality ingredients and tastes very good. The staff works together so your food is brought as soon as it is ready. You should count between 700 and 900 DKK per person if you choose a very good bottle of wine. Considering the level of prices in Copenhagen, this is not very expensive and it is all worth it!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DianeChayer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“If you are not in a rush, this is your restaurant!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Being an Italian, I might say I felt like home. Great food, great people and cosy atmosphere.
You get a set menu for a reasonable price and courses are amazing.
The only con i could find is that you really need to schedule at least 2h30 for the meal.
overall great experience!

• Visited September 2012
“What a little gem”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled across a small restaurant and were totally impressed by the service and the food
There is no menu. The owner comes to the table and asks for your preferences snd cooks a fantastic meal. It was delightful . The food is Italian and amazing from start to finish