“Good coffee and snack stop”
Review of Cafe Kong Gulerod - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On the long Gl. konvejej, a number of attractive cafe´s are found. this is one of them. a little more intime than the others with good quality coffee, cakes and food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

A friend recommended this place to me, and so we went there for lunch. I ordered a Ceasar salad, and she ordered pasta. My salad arrived simply dripping with oil, so much that it was almost inedible - I'm not kidding, it was literally swimming in the stuff. This, I can assure you, chef, is not how a good Ceasar salad is prepared. Apart from that, the salad itself was on the poor side of average (or would have been without a 3rd of a litre of supermarket grade olive oil.). I mentioned this to the waiting staff, who said 'ceasar salad is an oily dish'. No, it's not.

Anyhow - my companion's pasta dish (chicken, creamy sauce) was also excessively oily, she pushed it around the plate, we drank our colas and paid, determining never to return. We live locally - there are plenty, and I mean *plenty* of places around that are much better than this, Seek them out instead. This place only gets 2 stars from me because the waiting staff were pleasant, and the decor is quite nice. I will never eat there again, however.

1  Thank nick e
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just as expensive as any other cafe in Copenhagen, but with nothing special to add.
The brunch buffet was not particular big and had stale bacon, dry melon etc. Interior is okay, as well as the service.

1  Thank Gisle V
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great place on Gammel Kongevej with all the shopping. The food was good and the out door seating is perfect on a sunny day. The have some decent beer from a micro brewery. I had the New England Burger, which was a little over done - but cant complain.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I do not understand why this cafe has had such poor reviews on Trip Advisor. Our experience was very good on both occasions we visited during a recent trip to Copenhagen - once for lunch and again for brunch the next day. Quality of the food was good, pricing reasonable (by Scandinavian standards) and the outside seating area very nice in the sun. Would recommend to anybody staying in the Frederiksberg area.