“Bravo Fiasco”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Can't think of a better place for a Tuesday night meal. In fact, the food has been good every night. The food is true to its root and the wine advice is spot on. Worth a visit any night of the week.

1  Thank bodhiandlola

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice restaurant to take visitors to for dinner before a concert and Fiasco was in our area and on the way to the venue. Having read other Trip Advisor reviews we were concerned that service good be an issue as we only had two hours before the show but our overall experience turned out to be a very good one and we would definitely visit again.

Our experience started by checking out the restaurants website which had both Danish and English and online reservations available which are definitely recommended as Fiasco is a small venue and there are few tables. Still, the reservation process was easy and the restaurant is easy to get to as it is on one of the most famous streets in Copenhagen, you just need to walk towards the hotel entrance and then look immediately left for the restaurant entrance but if you have problems the restaurant is easily visible from the street.

Upon arrival our party was promptly seated and we were given menus that had both Danish and English and with the staff being bi-lingual like most of the country communication is not an issue. You can order a-la carte or there is a theater menu that consists of four courses for 350 kroner per person which is cheap given how expensive Copenhagen is. We told our server that we had an 8 PM engagement and they assured us we'd be served promptly and with enough time to get to the concert and they did so service was not an issue. Also the staff was knowledgeable enough with their wine list and was able to recommend a nice white to pair with most of our courses (as we ended up having both fish and beef a complete pairing wasn't possible but that was due to our party's taste versus anything the restaurant could do).

The food itself was very good--not the absolute best I've had but very good. We opted for the theater menu so we selected a few starters and then moved on to a pasta course followed by a main and then desert. The appetizers when paired with bread were quite nice and the pasta was a wonderful vegetable ravioli that I'd happily have as a main. The main course choices for the evening were steak or fish and the steak looked a bit better than the fish of which I had the latter. The fish was fine and cooked appropriately but it was just rather flat compared to the other courses which had more taste. The desert was a cheese platter or panna cotta and I'd definitely recommend the panna cotta as my wife had that dish and I ended up wishing I had ordered it as it was that good.

Overall I was worried about the experience I'd have at Fiasco given how others have commented on slow service but for a party of four we were in and out in 90 minutes with four courses and if we had more time we could have happily extended it to two hours with another bottle of wine. As far as portion sizes which others have commented on we didn't have an issue but if you are used to North American sized portions then yes, you could go home hungry if you have less than three courses. Still, Fiasco provided for a nice evening and my wife and I will consider it in the future when we have guests.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I came here some years ago and really enjoyed it. The service was good. However, the food was disapointing. I thought it was to expensive, compared to similar restaurants in Copenhagen.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Three girls had a beautiful meal by candlelight. Foodwise, go for what the waiter recommends, wine is very good. Quite expensive, but worth it for the excellent quality and local sourced food. Throughly recommend to the older crowd for a romantic couple who want to spend one evening. A little bit far out from the centre so can walk there but probably get a taxi back to the centre. Great great food. Good atmosphere, very chilled and calm.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Dined with eight friends on a Saturday night. Was told we'd have to have a set menu because this was too many people to cater for individually and was 'more than half the restaurant'. Arrived and the place was essentially empty.

Despite this, service was ridiculously slow - it took about three hours to get through four pre-set courses. Food quality was fine but absolutely unremarkable and forgettable. Portion sizes were minuscule. The 'main' dish I could easily have eaten four times over. Prices were over the top for what we received and we all left somewhat disappointed, but more than that I was still hungry.

Would not recommend or visit again.