“We will be avoiding Cabinn hotels in future..”

Hotel CABINN Scandinavia
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Frederiksberg
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The room was small as expected, however, it was not cleaned properly. We stayed there for 3 nights. The last night it rained heavily and the next morning when we got up there was a water leakage. .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel CABINN Scandinavia

Reviewed August 24, 2011

When you compare with other Copenhagen hotels, it has really affordable price. The rooms were too small but it is ok for short stays. People were friendly and helpful. It has a good location, city center is in walking distance like 10 mins.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a "budget" accommodation (as budget as an expensive city like Copenhagen can be...). And yes, rooms are not big, but are not even like "cabins", as some reviewer instead said. I was quite satisfied with my clean room, and this time it was the second (positive) stay for me in this hotel. Wireless internet in rooms is FREE. There are also some pc near the reception but in this case I am not sure whether using the internet from such pc is free. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the breakfast as I haven't tried it. A Tv was available in the room. A kettle to prepare tea and coffee (free bags for tea and instant coffee are provided daily in the room, together with shampoo and towels) was available in the room.

The hotel is in a safe area only 100m from the beautiful and central Copenhagen's artificial lakes, a magic area I really love. It's also 100 m away from the "Forum" metro station (directly linked with the airport, ~25 min). Via metro you can be in the historical centre within 5 min (but hey, I always rent a bike. It's a shame to miss the opportunity to go around the city without a bike! It's so enjoyable.). Again, no frills, but it's one of the very few options to stay in Copenhagen without giving away a fortune. Also, staff was nice and helpful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at a floor higher than the first one, as the latter is very close to the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bluto77
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with the CabInn Scandinavia. The price is very reasonable for a family of four in Copenhagen. Breakfast, which was a nice buffet, was included in our rate. The room was very small but clean & efficient complete with t.v. and internet access. If you have older children I suggest getting two double rooms instead of the family room. This way you will have two bathrooms (as they are very small). The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The location is a nice quiet street, a 10 minute walk to the center of town or Metro.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The rooms at this hotel were EXTREMELY small and cramped and the walls were paper thin. I could hear everything going on in the halls and in other people's rooms. The carpets were dirty and the bathroom was disturbingly small and mildewed.

The LOCATION of this hotel however, is great. Located close to a Metro stop and within walking distance of the city center... Shopping, food, etc.

My BIGGEST reason for the two star rating: I was overcharged and the staff did NOTHING to help me! I booked this hotel online and payed for my four nights in advance. When I arrived to check in the front desk told me they had to swipe my credit card again just to have it on file. When I checked my online banking I noticed they had charged me for an additional $140(USD). When I brought this to the attention of management, they told me to email them a copy of my bank statement and they'd look into it. After several emails (from back in the States) and NO response back I finally gave up and decided I'd have to take the charges and deal with it. The staff was the OPPOSITE of helpful and didn't seem to care at all that I was out this money.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'quiet' room... IF one exists in this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2011

As all cabinn hotels are designed on cruise rooms , if you have been on cruise you get idea of size of room. A nice budget place to stay in.

Nearest Metro Station Forum & nearest bus is 2A

Room Tip: If you have more budget go for Commodore Class
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Cabinn is clean, and it has the bare bones needs. No frills. We stayed in a 'triple' and it was smaller than my college dorm room, though it was very reminiscent. Two beds about a shoulder length apart, and a third bunk bunk above one. A flat TV and a bathroom that didn't really have a dedicated shower.
Plain and simple: if you are people who spend time in a room doing anything but just changing clothes and sleeping then this place isn't for you. It is not a good value, but in Copenhagen that is very relative...value that is.
We have an 8 month old, so we just put her in the stroller and it was was about a 15-20 minute walk to Tivoli Gardens, which we didn't realize until our last two days, so we walked to the center b/c it was so much easier and the weather was beautiful. If you are not a walking breed, the metro is reeeally close.
Again, if you find they are having a good rate here and you don't mind close quarters...it wasn't the worst place I've stayed. Oh, and the staff is super nice!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frederiksberg
Amager
Frederiksberg
Avenue Hotel Copenhagen
Avenue Hotel Copenhagen
#1 of 6 in Frederiksberg

Been to Hotel CABINN Scandinavia? Share your experiences!