“Cosy restaurant”

Cuisines: Danish, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Description: Frederiks Have is a cozy restaurant situated on a side street to Smallegade at Frederiksberg, a few minutes walk from either Frederiksberg or Fasanvej metro, and bus 9A. We pride ourselves with a relaxed, personal and professional service. The kitchen is classic with a nordic twist, and we serve both a season based menu as well as a la carte. In every sense, handeled with respect.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This restaurant is a short taxi ride away from central Copenhagen, but worth the effort. There is a nice terrace which would be lovely in the summer - November was a little chilly! The staff were polite and ensured that we enjoyed our meal and they were happy to make any alterations to the menu to take into consideration our dietary requirements.

Our table was a little too close to the open kitchen and bar, but it wasn't an issue and it was nice to see the food being prepared.

1  Thank Gemma H
frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Gemma,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write.
I remember your dinner at our restaurant.
When you have a special diet it is a big help for the restaurant when they know in advance.
You announced before arrival the special request, and I would like to thank you for this, The result gets better, when you are well prepared.

There are newer reviews for Frederiks Have

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Been living in this city the most of my life but didn't see this restaurant before last week. Booked a table for me and my staff for this years Christmas Dinner. We got the menu of this month with the recommanded wines and took 4 courses of 5.
Very good restaurant. The food is excellent and the servants are kind. Prices in the lower end for this kind of High Cuisine

Dear Richardt,
We are very thankfull, for your kind words.
It is important for us, that you take your time to write.
We know, that we are not a cheap restaurant. Still we are careful, not to get too expensive.
Therefore we calculate tight, and hope always to give a good value for money.
Thank you again, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Booked this for my wife's birthday as a special treat, had a feeling it would be good. I was not wrong. From the first step into the restaurant the service was impeccable, as you would expect from a high end restaurant.

We tried the 4 course tasting menu, which was excellent. You could choose 3,4 or 5 courses from the tasting menu. Food was beautifully presented, seasonal and tasted great. Well worth a Michelin star. However I would warn you that it is not cheap, but it is worth the money.

This was a great evening, thoroughly enjoyed it, nothing but praise for the restaurant. Nice point is that you can see into the kitchen from the front tables which I always enjoy.

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear bigbird01,
Thank you so much for your review.
We feel honoured, that you chose us for your special evening, and happy, that we could live up to your expectations. I realize, that it is very delicate when guests come with high expectations, it is so easy to get dissapointed. And when you come with no expectations, you often get a great surprise. In the 12 years my husband and I owned Frederiks Have, we have become a restaurant, where locals and regulars come for weekday and feast. And we will maintain our humility towards our work in future.
With kind regards Eva Sellberg

Reviewed November 24, 2012

In close proximity (about 10 minutes walk) to the Radisson Hotel - Knowing the demanding and fastidious palate of his mother, my Son and his Partner entertained me at this beautiful Restaurant. The owner, Eva, was welcoming and the perfect hostess. Staff were attentive and professional. We enjoyed the full Degustations Menu. A delightful pleasure as flavours of wine and food interacted with one's senses.

The restaurant's decor is typically Danish (minimalistic), yet warm with attention to detail. Eva loves white and salmony colours which is noticeable throughout the restaurant. There is a large Terrace with heaters and blankets readily available should you need to get outside for a cigarette. End May is too cold to dine outside.

I agree it should get a Michelin Star. My next visit to CPH is due in December and I can't wait to be spoiled again. Eva, keep up the good work!!!!

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your words, you are so kind. I indeed like your headline, may I quote you?
We look forward to seeing you again in December.
By the way, we belive the inspector from The Michelin Guide visited us last thursday, let us see in the new guide 2013, coming in March if he agrees with you.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This small restaurant was a real surprise to me. We went 6 colleaques for a lunch (hot meal) and it exceeded all my expectations! We had a fixed menu and different matched wines. I have been to all the top restaurants in Denmark, and had never heard of this place, although I live in Copenhagen. It is a little hidden away behind the Frederiksberg Rådhus, but it is a must to visit if you appreciate excellent food (fantastic bread), good wines and a very attentive and friendly service. Both food and wines were presented professionally.
The prices are reasonable, so very good value for money.
One of the best places I have eaten in Copenhagen.

Dear Tayacan,
Thank you very much. We really appreciate, that you take the time to write.
It is a joy to discover new places, that you like, specially when the place is located nearby.
We are happy that you found us, sometimes it is inconvenient for us to be hidden away. But when we have service outside on the terrace during summer, we love to be away from the noise and the smell of the big road. Maybe you will come and try.