“Great Hotel next to Freeport”
Review of Hotel Savannah

Hotel Savannah
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Znojmo
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Amazing service, nice and always helpful stuff, excellent food, Wellness and Spa center, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath, fitness

Located just across the Austrian-Czech border at Hatě/Kleinhaugsdorf, just 45 minutes north of Vienna. It is situated near Znojmo, one of the oldest historical cities in the Czech Republic and the National Park Podyjí/Thayatal, which offers many activities for those interested in outdoor adventures.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ani K
Thomas M, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Anna,
thank you very much for your positive review of our services.
Thomas C. Mähder
Managing Director

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Positive: sauna, swimingpool. Negative: terrible psychadelic design, outskirts (potatoe field, casinos, brothels), low service quality which doesnt match 4 stars hotel, cheep tasteless food, no drinks for rhe dinner. I highly don't recomend to visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michaela Lynnet... T
Thomas M, Manager at Hotel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Michaela,
thank you very much for the time you took to judge our hotel. We are very sorry that you did not like the style of the hotel as this is what most of our guests highly appreciate. "No drinks for the dinner" we can not take serious as our bar and restaurant are very well equipped with local and international drinks. Unfortunatelly i am not able to check when you visisted our hotel to find out what was your arrangement and who was in charge. We really regret that you were not satisfied with our service but without specific critic are not able to react on your complaint.
Please get in touch with me personally so i can try to find out what happened and can take action.
Thank you!
Thomas C Mähder
Managing Director

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have been to Hotel Savannah a few times and I must say the whole family loves it there.(2 kids: 7 and 12) The staff is excellent, always very helpful. The food is high quality, wines from Moravian region are well selected. Rooms are always spotless clean, very nice bathrooms. The wellness area is great....a big beautiful pool and small baby pool, well equipped gym, sauna, steam room...but the best is the Ayurveda Centre. The treatment is sooooo relaxing and personnel so kind. There is always a programme for children, big play area for them beside restaurant. Outside the hotel there is an outlet shopping centre and more importantly a Children´s World Play Fun Area - both indoor attractions and outdoor ones. We love the water features there. In the evenings we go to Casino for a drink. Will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana K
Thomas M, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Dana,
thank you very much for your evaluation. It shows me that my team is on the right track. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family in the near future!
Thomas C. Mähder, Managing Director

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel as the couple for two nights during July 2013. Our room was clean and comfortable with very nice bathroom (though audiosystem in our bathroom didt work). Staff friendly and helpfull. What I found frustrating was very bad wifi signal. Breakfast and dinners were fine, but nothing special - I missed cold drinks, which are not included in all-you-can-eat menu.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Marian B
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hotel Savannah is situated just in the border between Czech Repulic (Moravia) and Austria, behind the Outlet centre Freeport and near to Excalibur shopping centre with children-centre Kinderwelt. It is only a few kilometres far from Znojmo. I must say that I like this 4+* hotel because of its atmosphere. I spent here already many nights and I must admit sometimes I was fully satisfied and sometimes I was little bit disappointed because from the hotel on this level I expect only the high standard of services. And in the past there were some deviations in quality and standard of provided services - sometimes better, sometimes worse. I felt that hotel is not internaly sure for what type of guests they want to focus. But I hope it is the past. Let's go to my current experience.

Hotel has very easy access by car. In front of the hotel there is large own parking-lot and hotel has also garage - for extra fee but if you have Executive room or Apartment, garage is free of charge. The receptionists were every very kind and helpful. Consierge will help you with your luggage from the reception to your room - that's a pity that he doesn't help you already from your car. In the mezzanine floor of the hotel there are conference and meeting rooms. To your room - you will get by one from the two elevators and the rooms are placed in 3 floors.

All common spaces of the hotel have calm atmosphere and opulent design - you will love it. The hotel room has access by the card. Comfort room is smart equiped - flat Tv with a few sattelite programms, mini bar, office table with writting materials and is air-conditioned with in-room set up temperature. Design is nice. Also bathroom has nice design with bath, heated floor, wc and hair-dryer. There is enough space for 2 adults and one children. Hotel provides baby cot free of charge. Executive room offers in addition to it also shower, and better office table and some other differences. All spaces are covered by free wifi what is here very necessary because you are just in the border and your cell-phone will switch often between different providers. Thanks to large and comfortable bed and air-condition I could sleep here great.

Through the 1st floor and by the elevator you will get to the spa-centre. There is large swimming pool, fitness centre and sauna. You can also order private whirlpool - I really recommend if you are couple and want to spend some romantic moments. Spa centre is focused on ajurvede medicine and you can consult here your health with ajurvede doctor. Ajurvede massages here are great.

The ground floor with reception, bar and restaurant provides wonderful calm and relaxing atmosphere. The design is charming. There is playing pleasant silent music, you will find here any newspapers and magazines in czech as well as in german. Sometimes there is some entertainment program - live music and so on. Next to the restaurant is the children-corner, but what I can't understand, that tables near to it are usualy occupied by guests without any child. Breakfast are served in restaurant to 10 a.m. The choice is wide and quality great. I was very satisfed.

Dinners - overall the hotel has great cuisine. All what I ordered from menu was great. I can recommend advantaged monthly menu. I had french monthly menu and it was excellent. Mainly the soup - superb. But if you have dinner all-you-can-eat as a part of your accomodation packet or if you can choose it I strongly don't recommend it. All you can eat menu is absolutely not comparable with dishes what you can order from menu á la carte. If you like great meals - order you dinner from menu á la carte.

From the restaurant there is one direct entrance to the connected casino E59.This is large casino with many different games. This is the place where you will need EUR. If you have domectic CZK currency you can use exchange office. The casino is probably the reason of sustainable success of th hotel and that the hotel is still able to keep that standard of services. During the weekends there is often some entertainment program in casino. During our stay it was bodypainting and dancing performance.

Although from european perspective I know many much better hotels in Europe I must tell I think the hotel Savannah is one of the best hotels in Czech Republic. In czech perspective this hotel is somehow unique. Due to it's relaxing atmosphere is so significantly different from other hotels what I know in Moravia, I am convinced that Savannah is probably the best hotel in Moravia. The prices of accomodation and ajurveda are pretty high but fully matching to provided services. On the prices you can see also that hotel is strongly focused on foreign guests. Prices in the restaurant are good. I can recommend you stay in hotel Savannah if you travel for business as well as if you are couple or travel with family.

Room Tip: Executive hotel room don't need to be ever better choice than the normal Comfort room. Some Exec...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Thomas M, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

dear jan b,
thank you very much for your critics which will help us to become even better. all the team was informed about your disappointments and will try their utmost to not let it happen again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

While on a business trip i dropped in this hotel and was 100% satisfied. I am travelling a lot also in the Czech Republic but this hotel for sure is one of the best in the whole country. The rooms are spacious and well maintained and all staff are extremly helpfull and friendly. Also the ffod in the restaurant was excellent. Especially i want to point out the price for value of this hotel. In Austria I would have to pay 1/3 more for the same standard. Thanks to the hotel staff, I will certainly be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Philipp P
Thomas M, General Manager at Hotel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hi Philipp, thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have had good food there before and the hotel is of a very high standard but our last experience there was not pleasant. Although the service was very good the food unfortunately was not. I do not know what has changed here but I hope it changes once more for the better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Znojmo
PREMIUM hotel
#1 of 1 in Laa an der Thaya
Hotel Bermuda Znojmo
Hotel Bermuda Znojmo
#6 of 7 in Znojmo

Been to Hotel Savannah? Share your experiences!